HELP..cramping, light spotting 2 weeks before period

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 8th, 2009, 05:32 PM
hi there

Im 30 years old.. i have been on the pill for years...
but i miss a pill here and there sometimes...sometimes i take it late..
I know i was taking A CARB blocker and notsure if it interfered with my pill.

but i had my period 2 weeks ago and right after had unpreotected sex with my boyfriend...he doesnt always cum inside but i herd precum is almost as strong.

usually a week before my period comes, i get mroe discharge and cramps
well its 2 weeks before my period and i got ALOT ofdischarge and light pink spotting for 2 days and cramps...i dunno why
its notusually like this .. not this early too.im peeing alot too,, my diet pill was making me pee alot but i stopped them and im still peeing alot..seems more

I figured perhaps i did get pregnant...
i bought a test but i think it to early to take it...
i googled and it says it could be impantation bleeding...
can anyone help me with what they think?

thanks alot
October 8th, 2009, 05:57 PM
dancefever's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It could be implantation bleeding. But, it's probably far too early to take a home pregnancy test. I would hold onto it for another week or so, at least. Good luck!

October 8th, 2009, 07:31 PM
thanks
i just dont know how i can be pregnant if im on the pill...i know its not 100%

but shouldnt my boobs be hurting or other symptoms too? i hear this alot
October 8th, 2009, 08:07 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Some people don't have any symptoms. I would wait until AF doesn't show and then test.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

October 8th, 2009, 08:09 PM
thanks

is it possible to get pregnant on the pill??
i suppose it is
October 8th, 2009, 08:15 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Yes it is especially if you don't take them at the same time each night or you miss one or two. It makes them not work. I hope that helps.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

October 9th, 2009, 05:52 AM
Misty_X's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi there, and welcome to the board

First of all, no form of contraception is 100% effective so there is always a very slight risk of pregnancy with the pill. However, when you take the pill irregularly it can really increase that risk. I would maybe think about changing to another form of birth control if you are having issues remembering to take them.

The spotting is probably caused from taking your pills irregularly as that can cause breakthrough bleeding. It can also be caused by ovulation, and if you are not always taking your pills then you may be ovulating. At this point it's difficult to know.

Taking a test 14 days after you had unprotected sex should give you an accurate result, but in this case I would wait until your period is due and see if it arrives or not and if not then take a test. In the meanwhile, perhaps use a back-up method such as a condom to make sure you are covered x x

~ Thank you Patty for my awesome siggy! ~

Co-Host of
General Spirituality | TTC with Endo
Group Leader/Co-Leader of:
Peestick Addicts * Chemical Pregnancy * Got Guinea Pigs? * JM Games Addicts
Addicted to Hosting * Dreamer's Den * Horror Flic Chics

* Come and read the JM Blogs! * | * Visit My Blog on JM! *

October 10th, 2009, 10:29 AM
thank u so very much,,,

i usually take the pill at the same time..there havebeen times i am late a few hours... but rarly..sometimes just an hour...

once a month i may miss 1 pill..

thanks alot
October 10th, 2009, 11:09 AM
Veteran
I have had alot of "breakthrough" bleeding wit the pill cause i would take one or two pills late and one month it was light spotting, and the next it was like a full period. I have the same problem with remembering to take my pill at the right time, i found it helpful to set an alarm on my phone so i take it at the same time. I agree that you should wait a little bit more to test, if you dont get your period. Im in almost the same boat as you, except i have heavy bleeding 2 weeks after my period and am still waiting for my period to come (its 4 days late now). It is more then likely your pill, so i would just wait. You could however be pregnant too so i would just give a week or two. As to breast pain while it is very common, not everyone experiances it and from what i know its most common for stuff like that to set in right before a missed period (like a week beofre or the week of). I hope this helps!
October 10th, 2009, 08:10 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
I agree with Misty. If you miss a pill it can cause breakthrough bleeding. Also when someone goes off the pill it can create some of the same symptoms as you would have when you are pregnant. I would take a test and then test again in two weeks. I would use a back up birth control for the next cycle or two just to be safe.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
October 11th, 2009, 09:20 AM
thanks alot! your probably right
October 11th, 2009, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danniekitten View Post
thanks alot! your probably right
Please keep us posted.

October 11th, 2009, 05:55 PM
I sure will
i keep getting alot of discharge still..i dont know if thats cuz my period is suppose to be coming or what since it started 2 weeks before my period..and the cramping remained...it went for half a day andcame back..
i guess we will see

i did start to take PGX which is a high fiber diet pill...i wonder if that interupted with my pill as your suppose to take it about 2 hours after any meds or an hour before.
October 11th, 2009, 09:49 PM
lilflower
If it was exactly two weeks after you started and you haven't been taking your pill at the same time I would honestly say you ovulated. That's about the right time frame. Good luck!
October 12th, 2009, 06:47 AM
I dont know if it is implantation bleeding, period, or a pill thing... but it is possible to get pregnant on the pill. My mom got pregnant with me and my twin sister while on the pill. And the same thing happened with my brother. When the time is right the time is right Whatever happens good luck!
October 12th, 2009, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heycasey View Post
I dont know if it is implantation bleeding, period, or a pill thing... but it is possible to get pregnant on the pill. My mom got pregnant with me and my twin sister while on the pill. And the same thing happened with my brother. When the time is right the time is right Whatever happens good luck!
That is interesting because I have read you have a higher chance of having twins the first cycle going off the pill. It is supposed to be because your body kicks into overdrive trying to regulate itself again.

I definitely think you can get pregnant on the pill, especially if you miss a pill or two.

October 13th, 2009, 06:16 AM
i guess it couldve been me ovulating..i never had these symptoms before and from what i read it sounded like pregnancy,,
i havent had any more spotting or cramps the last few days so maybe it wasnt pregnancy
u usually get symptoms after missing your first period right?

thanks alot everyone!
October 13th, 2009, 07:13 AM
lilflower
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyandthemoos View Post
That is interesting because I have read you have a higher chance of having twins the first cycle going off the pill. It is supposed to be because your body kicks into overdrive trying to regulate itself again.

I definitely think you can get pregnant on the pill, especially if you miss a pill or two.
I got pregnant with this baby on the pill and at 6wks2days had an u/s with two healthy babies! So what you read must be somewhat accurate! Of course I had a vanishing twin by 10 weeks, but here at 14 everything is good.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search