Tested + on 3 tests yesterday, but today doc said I'm not pregnant, HELP!!

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 11th, 2009, 11:44 AM
Veteran
Called my OB to make an appt. after getting 3 BFP tests yesterday. Photos below. They said I would have to come in and take their urine test before they would make me appt. After taking their test they said I wasn't pregnant. I showed them the pics, so they ordered a blood test that won't be back until tomorrow. Any thoughts?? Could this be a chemical pregnancy, I've never tested positive an not been pregnant.

November 11th, 2009, 11:47 AM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hun you're pregnant! What probably happened is the test that the doc is using isn't very sensitive so it didn't turn positive. A blood test on the other hand is very sensitive so I bet it comes back positive.

Congrats!

November 11th, 2009, 11:57 AM
Misty_X's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
((((((hugs)))))) I'm really sorry you've gone through this with the doc. I have heard a lot of ladies say the doctors' tests are not as sensitive as home tests and they've come out negative. But with those beautiful BFPs you're definitely pregnant! Congratulations!! x x

~ Thank you Patty for my awesome siggy! ~

Co-Host of
General Spirituality | TTC with Endo
Group Leader/Co-Leader of:
Peestick Addicts * Chemical Pregnancy * Got Guinea Pigs? * JM Games Addicts
Addicted to Hosting * Dreamer's Den * Horror Flic Chics

* Come and read the JM Blogs! * | * Visit My Blog on JM! *

November 11th, 2009, 12:09 PM
mousemomof3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to mousemomof3
I would say you are pregnant. Frome what I was told years ago is that the urine tests at the dr's office are not as sensitive at the ones you buy at the stores these days. I trully believe that. Can't wait to see what your beta test says. KUP

November 11th, 2009, 01:09 PM
dancefever's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

I commented on your other post and asked if it was a urine test or blood test at the doctors. If all they had done so far was a urine then you're definitely pregnant that FRER doesn't lie. Their urine tests aren't as sensitive as HPT's. I'm sure the blood test results that come back tomorrow will confirm. Keep us posted though!

And until you say otherwise, CONGRATS!!

November 12th, 2009, 04:50 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
I posted to you over on the charting board. I agree with the other ladies. The doctor's tests are not nearly as sensitive as the home tests. You definitely have a bfp and I am sure when you get your betas back it will confirm that.

((HUGS))

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
November 12th, 2009, 10:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Skype™ to Miss. Impatient Bevis
I am in agreeance with the other girls... the docs tests are not as sensative as the ones in the stores (which makes no sense to me).

November 12th, 2009, 10:29 AM
mommy_2_ava_1109's Avatar Mommy to Ava & Jack
You are definitely pregnant! I'm sure the blood work will come back positive. CONGRATS!

November 12th, 2009, 10:41 AM
brandi.lyn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
the bloodtest will confirm! GL and congrats!!
November 12th, 2009, 10:53 AM
lilflower
You are pregnant! Congrats! The DRs tests usually test at 100mius and OTC tests test at 25. Give it a week and go back in, he won't be able to deny it!
November 12th, 2009, 11:23 AM
mousemomof3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to mousemomof3
any news yet on the beta

November 12th, 2009, 02:33 PM
No Longer Here
Don't worry your pregnant. I was pregnant in May and lost it due to tubal pregnancy but anyways I had switched doctors and the new doc did a urine test and wanted to know why I thought I was pregnant because hers was neg. I told her because two days before that I had an hcg level of 80. So she had my labs faxed to her and she was like oh yeah your pregnant. I found out I was pregnant in Aug again and she told me my test was neg. I told her to send me for a hcg level check again and sure enough I was right.
November 12th, 2009, 03:41 PM
Loving6's Avatar Formerly Loving4
Those tests are not sensitive at the Dr.'s offices.Plus if it's a faint positive they consider it a negative for some stupid reason.You blood test will be okay

Mom to Dustin Jr, Jarren, Nathan, Alivia, Ava, & Ariea

November 12th, 2009, 04:59 PM
Veteran
No update on the blood work yet. I must have the worst GYN/OB in the world. I called and the nurse said the results were in but the doc hadn't reviewed them yet so she couldn't give me an answer. Then they never called back. I called them two more times, but just got the answering machine.
November 12th, 2009, 06:04 PM
.Froggy.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Your definitely pregnant! I agree with the other girls the doctor offices test aren't really sensitive. I'm sure your blood work will come back preggers!!!

Thank youmisfitnm 4 my siggy. PRO-LIFE mommy!! 4 month ECB milestone!!

November 12th, 2009, 07:31 PM
No Longer Here
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluvsuro View Post
No update on the blood work yet. I must have the worst GYN/OB in the world. I called and the nurse said the results were in but the doc hadn't reviewed them yet so she couldn't give me an answer. Then they never called back. I called them two more times, but just got the answering machine.
Oh no I'm sorry your going threw this. I hate it when they do that. They don't act like they care that the person waiting on the results is on the urge of having a nervous breakdown waiting or at least I know I was lol.
November 12th, 2009, 07:34 PM
I'm having a baby!!!
I think that it might be time for a new Doctor.... Hope you get your results back tomorrow!! I would be calling every ten minutes. From the tests, though, I'd say preggers!
Congrats!
November 12th, 2009, 07:45 PM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluvsuro View Post
I hope you get good news tomorrow!

November 13th, 2009, 09:16 AM
rachel.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I bet money you're pregnant. I got a BFP the day my period was due, and the same day the doctor's test was negative. I had my blood drawn less than an hour later and my levels were only 17! Doctor's tests are waaaay less sensitive that home tests.

non-vaxing, non-circing, co-sleeping, baby-wearing, attachment-parenting my babies
November 13th, 2009, 10:18 AM
Veteran
Got my results today and my beta was 18 the day their urine test was negative, they are testing me again this tuesday.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search