Ultrasound today didn't go so well -updated post #1 :)

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 13th, 2009, 11:10 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
When I went in I explained to the nurse how my period was so heavy yesterday and I was passing lots of tissue and clots. When I went in for the appt AF was like nothing. I was just having a little spotting but yesterday I was having seriously heavy bleeding and cramping. AF has returned now but she isn't heavy like yesterday.

So she did an ultrasound and said my lining was really thick and there was something on the ultrasound. When I saw it I thought it could be a pregnancy but there wasn't a sac or anything. I have had enough ultrasounds though to know that there was something going on there. I noticed it right off. So she said she was going to have to get the doctor to take a look. I asked her if it could be a pregnancy and she kind of hesitated on the answer but implied that that could be what it was. I think she didn't want to say anything because she just wasn't sure what was going on.

So the doc came in and did the ultrasound. He said it looked like it could be a molar pregnancy. He sent me to get my beta levels checked. He said it could also just be some tissue that was globbed together (that wasn't his words but I can't remember exactly what he said). So I then asked him if he thought it could be a normal pregnancy and he said no. There wasn't a gestational sac. He also said my lining was really thick. I am not sure what that means as far as my IVF cycle goes. I don't know if that means that this cycle is going to be cancelled or what.

So I went and got the beta done about a half hour ago. So now I wait. I have a feeling that it is not a molar (and I pray to God it isn't) because I just peed on another test and it is negative. Cross your fingers it isn't a molar pregnancy because all the websites I have found have said pregnancy should be avoided for 6 months to a year after a molar pregnancy. I really don't want my life to be on hold. I just spent a fortune on medication and now I don't even know if I am going to be able to use it.

I don't know if I will get to have the IVF this cycle or not. I don't know what happens next. I just have to sit and wait for the nurse to call me back.

I am pretty stressed now. I will let you guys know when I hear something.

Updated: Good news! The nurse called me. My betas were normal and I am not pregnant. I can start my meds tomorrow!!!! You have no idea how relieved I am.

I take my meds Saturday and Sunday and go in for another ultrasound and bloodwork on Monday. Yah!

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
November 13th, 2009, 11:16 AM
.Froggy.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry! I hope that its not a molar pregnancy! Did they say when you should get a call back?
((hugs))

Thank youmisfitnm 4 my siggy. PRO-LIFE mommy!! 4 month ECB milestone!!

November 13th, 2009, 11:18 AM
Misty_X's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Patty, first of all ((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))) )))) because I think you need them x x x

Secondly, I am praying for you very hard that - whatever the reason behind the u/s - things will work out OK and that either you have a miracle bean already or that things will move on OK and you can do your IVF this month.

I hate to say this because the last thing I ever want to do is raise someone's hopes, but your situation sounds very familiar from my last BFP. I had proper, heavy bleeding for one day, then the blood went watery and trailed off to spotting. I am wondering if you had an early AF mixed with a late implanter and what he saw was something you were about to pass but something has called a sudden halt to AF. Remember, if something has only JUST implanted you wouldn't see anything on the u/s yet and you wouldn't necessarily show up on a test yet.

It could just be that this isn't proper AF and for some reason you've had some heavy bleeding before AF, so the lining is thick because you were not due to shed it yet.

Whatever is behind it, I am just praying so hard for you. You need your BFP before the end of the year, Patty. I can't tell you how much we want to see that happen x x

~ Thank you Patty for my awesome siggy! ~

Co-Host of
General Spirituality | TTC with Endo
Group Leader/Co-Leader of:
Peestick Addicts * Chemical Pregnancy * Got Guinea Pigs? * JM Games Addicts
Addicted to Hosting * Dreamer's Den * Horror Flic Chics

* Come and read the JM Blogs! * | * Visit My Blog on JM! *

November 13th, 2009, 11:18 AM
mousemomof3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to mousemomof3
awwww Patty I am sorry. Are they going to call you back with the beta results today? I am surprised he didn't explain what he meant by the lining was thick.

November 13th, 2009, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellaMarie View Post
I'm so sorry! I hope that its not a molar pregnancy! Did they say when you should get a call back?
((hugs))
They ordered it stat so I should have it today. If I start my treatment they start the injections on CD3 so I am sure they will call me today. I hate waiting. And I tried to get her to tell me what they would do next but kept getting the we need to see your lab results first. So I don't know what is going to happen next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misty_X View Post
Patty, first of all ((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))) )))) because I think you need them x x x

Secondly, I am praying for you very hard that - whatever the reason behind the u/s - things will work out OK and that either you have a miracle bean already or that things will move on OK and you can do your IVF this month.

I hate to say this because the last thing I ever want to do is raise someone's hopes, but your situation sounds very familiar from my last BFP. I had proper, heavy bleeding for one day, then the blood went watery and trailed off to spotting. I am wondering if you had an early AF mixed with a late implanter and what he saw was something you were about to pass but something has called a sudden halt to AF. Remember, if something has only JUST implanted you wouldn't see anything on the u/s yet and you wouldn't necessarily show up on a test yet.

It could just be that this isn't proper AF and for some reason you've had some heavy bleeding before AF, so the lining is thick because you were not due to shed it yet.

Whatever is behind it, I am just praying so hard for you. You need your BFP before the end of the year, Patty. I can't tell you how much we want to see that happen x x
I don't think this is a normal pregnancy if it is a pregnancy at all. If you saw how much tissue I passed yesterday you would understand what I meant. It wasn't just a heavy period. I have never had this much bleeding in tissue except after labor. It was freaking me out a little. I kind of think that this is just tissue that he saw in there because yesterday I was passing some pretty big stuff (sorry for the tmi). So I guess I just wait.

November 13th, 2009, 11:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry, Patty! Praying that it isn't a molar pregnancy and you can go on with IVF this cycle!

November 13th, 2009, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mousemomof3 View Post
awwww Patty I am sorry. Are they going to call you back with the beta results today? I am surprised he didn't explain what he meant by the lining was thick.
I probably should have asked. I just wasn't thinking straight.

November 13th, 2009, 11:27 AM
.Froggy.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Again I'm so sorry. I'm praying that its not a molar pregnancy! more ((hugs))

Thank youmisfitnm 4 my siggy. PRO-LIFE mommy!! 4 month ECB milestone!!

November 13th, 2009, 11:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
(((Hugs)))) I am hoping that you don't have a molar.....had you tested positive before your AF/bleeding started? I know when I found out I was pg. with DD they suspected a molar based on really high hcg numbers...it turned out I was much further along then we realized. If your hcg numbers are low to none then I would think it would not indicate a molar.
November 13th, 2009, 11:47 AM
mommy2eden's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
HUGS!!!! I hope that it isn't a molar pregnancy and that it is just a wacky cycle. Did the doctor say anything about what would cause the lining to be so thick?

Wife to Garrett
Mother to Eden (7/13/09) and Cooper (7/28/2010)
Follower of Jesus
November 13th, 2009, 11:47 AM
I was really worried yesterday when you said you were passing tissue, Patty. I was very worried all night. Whatever the result of the beta I really hope they find out what has happened. Like I said, I have extremely heavy periods all the time and have never seen tissue except during a miscarriage (not even in a chemical), so I really hope they can find out why this has happened. Please, please keep us updated. I will keep praying x x

ETA - Looking at your chart, last month you had a long LP and not a particularly heavy cycle. I am thinking your last AF did not clear out enough of the lining so there was extra to shed this time. I'm hoping that's all this is x x

Co-Host of

Last edited by Misty_X; November 13th, 2009 at 12:13 PM.
November 13th, 2009, 12:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry to hear things didn't go well! I hope it isn't a molar pregnancy. You'll be in my T&P.

Thanks to Quantum_Leap for my gorgeous siggy!

My Ovulation Chart || Ovulation Chart
November 13th, 2009, 12:51 PM
BabyBee13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Patty i'm so sorry that you are going through this right now..you are in my thoughts and prayers..i hope that it is not a molar pg and it is just a very heavy weird c..and once you get the results you can begin your meds for IVF..please keep us posted and i am thinking of you sweetie ..

November 13th, 2009, 01:47 PM
I am so relieved to read your update!! I was praying all evening for good news. Come on, one of us needs a BFP before 2010 - yay for meds!!

Co-Host of

November 13th, 2009, 02:09 PM
BabyBee13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
horray Patty i am so happy for you..i knew that everything would turn out ok hun..

November 13th, 2009, 02:20 PM
rubyredslipperz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Patty sorry for your worries but glad to hear that all is ok and you can proceed as planned ) I'm praying that you'll get lucky with IVF the first cycle!

November 13th, 2009, 02:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy

I am happy you got good news!!
November 13th, 2009, 03:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh good! Yay!!! So glad that it wasn't the molar pregnancy and just some clots, heavy lining!
November 13th, 2009, 03:53 PM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
I am so glad its not a molar thank goodness, best of luck with your cycle this month sweetheart I have a really good feeling

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (16) and K (11), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (6), Mianna (4) and Harper (2), WTTC our 1st together in 2015.
November 13th, 2009, 03:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So glad it wasn't a molar! How great you get to start ivf this cycle!

Tags
molar pregnancy , thick uterus lining , ultrasound

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search