Holding out hope..help

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 10th, 2010, 07:17 PM
Ok my question is for people that have bled during their pregnancies. Wanting to know what it was like and how long it happened? Also is it possible to have a positive pregnancy test after only being pregnant one to two weeks?

Here is my situation- I got a positive preggo test on Dec 29th. My last period started Nov 25. I believe that I got pregnant mid to late december, making me only 2-3 weeks pregnant. Well the docs seem to think that i'm more like 5-6 weeks pregnant, but I don't think i'm that far along yet. They are just going by my menstrual date.

Today I went into the ER because i'm having bleeding and I was worried. No cramps, just some bleeding that reminds me somewhat of a period type bleeding, but its not gushing by any means. (sorry for graphics) Anyways so they did a HCG test and they found it to only be 202. Which means one of a couple things

either i'm supposed to be further along so i'm having a miscarriage or
I could have an etopic pregnancy or
i'm just not very pregnant yet

I just want opinions here. Is this bleeding type stuff common? Am I having a miscarriage?

The docs are taking me back in 2 days to retest my HCG and if it hasn't gone up then they are going to try and rule out the etopic. what do u guys think?

This is my 2nd child. I had no problems like this with the first.
January 10th, 2010, 07:41 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
First of all Im so sorry your going through all of this. Secondly, its realy hard to give an opinion when you have not had a second beta draw. Your level at 202 does sound more like a week 4 of pregnancy, rather than a 5-6wk pregnancy. But I have seen women with lower betas in the beginning that turn out to be just fine. Like I said, its all in the second blood draw. Since you got your BFP on the 29th., you may of only of been 8dpo, which means you could of conceived somewhere closer to the end of December, rather than the middle.

Good luck to you, and Im sending lots of sticky dust your way.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

January 10th, 2010, 07:51 PM
Yeah that positive on December 29th was only a 1....said that levels less than 25 needed to be retested again to be sure, and i've had 4 pregnancy test positives so far. So i'm just confused, because I don't want to lose this baby. I guess i'm just wondering how common bleeding is during pregnancy.
January 10th, 2010, 09:12 PM
sinamin's Avatar Procurer Of HPT's
Pretty common actually, I have a baby that will be 2 in May. I bled until I was 22 weeks. I had a subchorionic hemorrage which is a bleed under the placenta (which had not formed totally so it was more from the site of the implantation). I also had succentriate placenta which they didnt find until I was about 12 weeks, a succentriate placenta is a 2nd placenta not necessarily indicating a twin pregnancy. One placenta was anterior and one was posterior. That ended up being a cause for bleeding too. THEN I had a cyst rupture which caused some bleeding. The point is this, bleeding in early pregnancy is not uncommon and there are alot of things that can cause it only one of which is miscarriage, the fact that you are not bleeding heavy, not cramping, and passing clots is such a positive sign. Before my son was born last year I had 5 miscarriages so I know that road too Try not to stress unfortuanetly the beta repeat is going to be the only thing to give you answers to your situation. I am sure they told you to take it easy and be on pelvic rest (no sex, douching, sitting in a tub). Also another possible cause they gave me, but ended up not being my case, was that implantation can cause some bleeding and the blood takes a little while to move out and through the cervix. Good luck to you
January 11th, 2010, 04:54 AM
LuvRBx5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You can get a positive test at like 8+DPO, normally around 10DPO before a positive.. Dr's go by LMP, which adds 2 weeks that you weren't actually pregnant on. Going by LMP assumes that you have a 28 day cycle and ovulate CD14. Most of us don't follow that. Going by November 25 you would be considered like a little under 6 weeks.

If you ovulated late though, that could be why your levels are lower, because baby wouldn't be as developed as it would be if you had that assumed cycle and ovulation on CD14. This is why EDD is just a rough estimate and can be off 2 weeks either way.

Bleeding is obviously not a good sign, but it doesn't automatically mean miscarriage. It could be a number of other issues. I had unexplained bleeding on my second (not as much as a period but more then spotting), they suspected missed miscarriage with all my other signs (low HCG and not rising as much as it should have with the repeat, small uterus, no hb at 7 weeks)... He ended up fine and the bleeding was never really explained. I spotted on the 2 pregnancies, following that with my younger dd and my 7 month ds. Sometimes it just happens, or sometimes there are other issues, like Angel/Sinamin described.

Mainly the repeat HCG levels will tell you more, the levels should be rising. They are supposed to at least double every 48-72 hours. The repeat betas tell more then the first single level.

KUP, Hope everything turns out..
January 12th, 2010, 12:29 PM
We did end up having a miscarriage. Found out today. My levels went from 202 down to 75 today..Guess we'll be trying again.

Does anyone know how soon you can start trying?
January 12th, 2010, 12:51 PM
sinamin's Avatar Procurer Of HPT's
SO sorry about the loss (((hugs))). I think trying is kind of "doctor specific". Some say wait until you've had a normal cycle, some say wait 3. My 1st OB said as long as I didnt have to have a D&C and passed everything on y own I could start imediately, then I moved got a new OB who recommended 3 cycles. Did you ask yours or did they give you an opinion?
January 12th, 2010, 03:55 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livin4HIM View Post
We did end up having a miscarriage. Found out today. My levels went from 202 down to 75 today..Guess we'll be trying again.

Does anyone know how soon you can start trying?
(((HUGS))) I am very sorry for your loss.

I will say the same thing as Sinamin. Some docs say wait one cycle others say wait three. From what I have read and from what my midwife has said, you are not really hurting anything to try again. I think the big reasons they say to wait is for your mental state and for pregnancy dating.

I think you should start ttc again whenever you are ready.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
January 13th, 2010, 04:22 AM
LuvRBx5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know many who start trying again right away but don't be surprised if your cycle is messed up for a bit... Or you could be one of the many who goes right back into cycles again.

Sorry about your miscarriage. Don't rush TTC if you aren't ready yet. ((HUG))

Tags
bleeding , etopic , hcg , miscarriage , positive

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search