Neon Yellow Urine....

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 29th, 2010, 08:18 AM
Veteran
Hi gals! A quick question, I noticed the last two days that my urine has been bright yellow. Like mountain dew yellow almost. I don't drink soda so I don't know what this is about. I take Folic Acid everyday but its only the last 2 days that I have noticed this.
Any clue what it is all about? I pee like every 2-3 hours so it isn't concentrated urine...
hmmmm. very weird.......
January 29th, 2010, 08:19 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Are you taking a prenatal vitamin? That could be why.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
January 29th, 2010, 08:22 AM
Veteran
Nope, just the folic acid which I have been taking everyday one a day since November.
January 29th, 2010, 08:45 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Hmm. I am not sure. It sounds like some type of dye though. Maybe something you ate caused this.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
January 29th, 2010, 09:09 AM
Caelen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was going to ask about the prenatals too! I remember being told that could happen.

I agree with patty though. If you're not dehydrated and not on any new meds then its probably something you ate.

Stay at home mom to two:
Jacob 03/17/2009
Benjamin 03/18/2011
January 29th, 2010, 09:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
When im pregnant my wee is different, but its more the smell than the colour. Mind you when your pregnant your sense of smell is stronger so actually maybe its that.
January 29th, 2010, 09:39 AM
Veteran
Okay ladies...thanks. You got me thinking and I went through everything I have eaten the last 2 days. I realized that the cereal I just started eating is also fortified with folic acid so its probably an excess that my body is getting rid of.
Thanks so much, i feel a little stupid LOL
January 29th, 2010, 10:27 AM
DeepSouthMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Don't feel stupid. Mine has been yellow like you described for the last few days. I'm currently 11 dpo and hoping it's a sign of pregnancy. I've not changed any of my vitamins (been taking the same ones for a while now) and nothing new in my diet to cause this. So fingers crossed that it's a good sign for both of us!

P.S. I was reading on Trying to Conceive, Pregnancy, Parenting at TwoWeekWAIT that a lot of ladies had bright yellow urine very early in pregnancy!

Michelle ~ Mommy to Joseph
January 29th, 2010, 02:55 PM
LadyRogue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh wow! I was excited to see someone post this, because I've had the same thing all this week...every time I go, regardless of the day/time or how many times I go. Mine looks like a neon yellow highlighter with just a slight tinge of green color (maybe that's the neon coloring). Not super concentrated or anything, either. I even pointed it out to my hubby and he said, yea, it looks neon. Possibly a sign??? I had no idea!!! BTW, haven't changed my eating habits, don't drink much pop at all, and have been taking the same vitamins for months. Fingers crossed that it's a sign!!!
January 29th, 2010, 03:30 PM
sethsgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mine is like that but mine is from my vitamins and has been like that since we started TTC over 2 years ago.

Colleen proud mommy to DS (8/2009), DS (6/2011), and DD (7/2013)

Last edited by sethsgirl; January 29th, 2010 at 07:38 PM.
January 29th, 2010, 05:53 PM
Mama to Aidan & Caleb
I had that when i stared taking vitamins, but it faded and now its back 3 months later and i haven't switched anything so not too sure. Hope its a sign for you ladies!

((Thank you so much Bokkechick for my beautiful signature photo))
January 29th, 2010, 07:20 PM
Hotelclepto's Avatar Super Mommy
Oh Awesome! I just noticed a change in my pee color as of yesterday its much brighter likethe neon yellow described.
I think i'll reach for any symptom i can!!!! LOL
Isn't it funny how we get soooo excited over the color of our Pee, the smell ofour pee, The look and feel of our CM, The PAIN we have, The nausia we have, the dizzyness....ect.... I swear when i was a kid, if someone told me they got excited over these things i probablywould have thought they needed tobe in a loony bin! I hope we all get our BFP's soon And i'll take all the pregnancy symptoms there are any day if it means a new miracleis on way..... Good Luck Ladies.
January 29th, 2010, 07:51 PM
Hahaha! So true! I was just thinking that exact same thing, as I ran to the bathroom yet again. I'm beginning to think I should just throw a pillow and blanket in the tub. Though now I'm really cracking...just caught myself rubbing my very bloated belly and even talked to my "little beaner". Yep, it's official. Check me into the looney bin!!!
January 29th, 2010, 09:31 PM
shanise.robertson's Avatar IAmOneWithSupremeReality
Send a message via MSN to shanise.robertson Send a message via Yahoo to shanise.robertson Send a message via Skype™ to shanise.robertson
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRogue View Post
Though now I'm really cracking...just caught myself rubbing my very bloated belly and even talked to my "little beaner".
I have been doing this lately too so i need to be thrown in there with you

Thank you ~Nicole~ for my beautiful siggy
(IF YOU WANT TO SEE GOD LAUGH TELL HIM YOUR PLANS)Make a pregnancy ticker
January 30th, 2010, 08:46 AM
Mama to Aidan & Caleb
I so agree!! Who would have thought we would be over analyzing every little could be symptom and even rubbing our bloated bellies and talking to our "maybe" babies. Glad im not going crazy!

((Thank you so much Bokkechick for my beautiful signature photo))
February 1st, 2010, 08:04 AM
Veteran
Oh ladies! You are all so wonderful! I am so glad I'm not the only one clutching to every little thing. Like this morning, I woke up with a weird, nonpainful fluttering on my right side near my uterus. Its like a twitching that comes and goes. It's not indigestion or gas. I don't know what it is exactly. I'm thinking maybe implantation??? I O'ed on the 25th, I think. That would make me about 7 dpo. We bd'd on the 24th and 26th so there is a great chance. I don't want to get my hopes up but I have never felt this before. This fluttering started around 5 am and keeps coming. This was not present in my last two cycles!

Again, am i losing my mind?
Maybe you ladies should safe a bed for me in the looney bin!
February 1st, 2010, 02:07 PM
Hi Ladies,
How are you all doing? I am very new here - just joined.
I found this site while looking for information on implantation bleeding. Which I think I am having.
I did a test this afternoon and it shows negative.
My period is due tomorrow, and I have been having sensitive breast since last Sunday. But, on saturday night when hubby and I did the act, I saw a trace of blood.
Then yesturday morning, saw a pink thin trace when I wiped after I pee. I wore a tampon to church. Came home and said I should change it, all I saw on there was at the tip had a brownish liquid, the tampon was not satuarated at all.
I changed it anyway and placed another on (thought that my period was light)
By the evening when I went to take a bath the tampon was as clean as when I placed it on.
When I urinate, I see very light traces of pink stuff. Not thick or anything. Just as thin as the pee residue. I only see it when I wipe.
But, I am having mild abdorminal cramps and my boobs are sensitive.
When I did the test like at noon it was negative.
I do not know what to do.

Thanks
February 1st, 2010, 07:48 PM
It sounds like you are testing too early. Wait a few days and if no AF, definitely test again. GL!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search