Implantation bleeding?

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 4th, 2010, 01:33 PM
I am wondering if I had implantation bleeding.. About a week ago, I had some light pink discharge on the toilet paper when I wiped, but no more after that. Two days later I started to have a brown discharge that was very light for about 3 days. Then yesterday I started my period (I think). It started off unusual. It was a rose color instead of the normal red and stayed that way til this mornin when it turned red. I haven't really had any cramps, but I have noticed that I've been slightly nauseated, especially when riding in a car. I've also noticed I started to smell things no one else around me can. I've been having some trouble sleeping and haven't been able to get comfortable at all. I've heard stories of women still getting thier periods during pregnancy, although I never thought it could apply to me. I'm def not trying to get pregnant, but me and the fiance haven't been preventing either.

Now a little history...

I've never really had a regular period until Nov of last year when they came on time every month since, except this month, it was later than the other months. I've never had spotting before my period before, not even when I got pregnant with my daughter. I had a little girl in 2007 who's getting ready to turn 3. I also have polycystic ovarian syndrome, but never felt like a cyst busted on my ovary (although I did feel a slight pain in the right side of my lower abdomen about 4 days before I spotted the pink)

So my question is (and I apologize for all the reading) could I still be pregnant even though I got what I think is my period? And if it could not even be my period at all but more implantation bleeding?

Any advice and answers would help alot!!
February 4th, 2010, 01:54 PM
sethsgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It could be IB...is the bleeding light now or normal? It isn't their period that they get during a pregnancy, it's more likely that they have a sub chronic hemorrhage. I had a few throughout my first trimester and part of my second and I bled but it was different than a period. Still about the same color at times but it would be slightly heavy when I'd go to the bathroom and then much lighter at other times. I also passed a clot. It would go from red to brown and then red again. I would say that the only way to put your mind at ease is probably to test. Good luck hun and keep us updated!

Colleen proud mommy to DS (8/2009), DS (6/2011), and DD (7/2013)

February 4th, 2010, 02:01 PM
Its going inbetween heavy and light.. It's red now, but it was a rosy color yesterday and I have been passing a few clots, not as much as usual. It's also stringy, like there's a lot of mucus in it. I do def want to test, but because I'm hoping for pregnancy I'm afraid of a BFN.. I'm also afraid of a miscarriage because the last pregnancy I had (twins) I miscarried at 7wks. N I had a lot of problems with my daughter (preterm labor at 5 months, also diagnosed with HBP to Preeclampsia and put on bedrest, a bloodclot behind the placenta, and other issues)..
February 4th, 2010, 03:18 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
(((HUGS)))) I am sorry for your loss. I have had a subchorionic hematoma as well and it is a lot like what you describe. You aren't going to know for sure if you are pregnant or not without testing. If I were you I would get a test (you can pick up a dollar store test or a store brand test) and see what is going on. If you are pregnant you will want to get into the doctor right away.

I think you will feel better if you know what is going on.

February 4th, 2010, 04:51 PM
I never thought of that.. I am going to go to the docs asap..

Ty everyone!
February 5th, 2010, 06:26 AM
Misty_X's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope you are able to get to see your doctor, honey. I agree that it is the best way to get some answers. I'm really sorry that you've been through so much and for your previous loss. I hope that yu are able to get some answers soon x x

~ Thank you Patty for my awesome siggy! ~

Co-Host of
General Spirituality | TTC with Endo
Group Leader/Co-Leader of:
Peestick Addicts * Chemical Pregnancy * Got Guinea Pigs? * JM Games Addicts
Addicted to Hosting * Dreamer's Den * Horror Flic Chics

* Come and read the JM Blogs! * | * Visit My Blog on JM! *

Tags
implantation bleeding , period , period during pregnancy , pregnancy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search