Looking for some insight/advice

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 8th, 2010, 05:13 PM
Regular
I'm new to the sight (just joined, acutally) and wanted to talk to someone about my latest concern. I tried posting on a health forum, but no one would get back to me, including the doctors!

Anyway, I am writing because I have been on the pill for two years now, and am two weeks into my latest pack. Unfortunately, I have missed about half of the pills in the two-week period, and didn't exactly make them up. I haven't missed more than two at any one time though. I've also had unprotected sex with my boyfriend during this time-frame. (Yeah, not the smartest move on my part since I'm not trying to get pregnant.) I've stopped talking my pills in case I am pregnant, so as not to hurt the child, but I am also taking Abilify and Zoloft, which has me hugely concerned, because I've read that these can also be harmful.

I just want to know if anyone thinks I have a huge chance of being pregnant, or if I'm just being paranoid because of my own stupidity. Please get back to me with whatever suggestions or thoughts you have.
February 8th, 2010, 06:20 PM
JennyG's Avatar Veteran

Last edited by JennyG; June 30th, 2010 at 01:59 AM.
February 8th, 2010, 06:31 PM
Regular
Thanks for the input! I've been thinking about another form of bc, but am nervous about putting anything up there besides a tampon lol I don't think I am able to test at this point, because my period isn't for another week and a half, but I am dying to find out so I can relax.
February 8th, 2010, 06:45 PM
strvnwritr's Avatar TTC #3 Since 2010
I can't speak for Abilify, but I can tell you that I took Zoloft throughout my last pregnancy without a problem. Of course, there can be risks associated with taking almost any medication while pregnant but my OB felt comfortable with Zoloft.

Personally, I think it is wonderful that you are so concerned about the well-being of even a potential pregnancy. Best of luck to you and I hope it all turns out the way you want it to.

~ Thank you Alethia for my beautiful siggy!~
Married to Michael since 6/17/05, DS James 3/14/06 and DD Maya 6/2/08
8/31/07 ~ 7/19/11 ~ 9/20/11 ~ 1/24/13
February 8th, 2010, 06:52 PM
Regular
Thank you! That makes me feel a lot better. I think I am so concerned because my older sister is disabled to due birth defects and my mother was not taking any medications and was never ill while pregnant. I think this may have scared me into taking every precaution.
February 8th, 2010, 07:03 PM
JennyG's Avatar Veteran

Last edited by JennyG; June 30th, 2010 at 01:57 AM.
February 8th, 2010, 07:34 PM
Regular
I've been using condons since I've stopped the pill. And the worst part is, I do have an alarm on my phone to take my pills. I usually say, Oh I'll take them in a minute and then forget. As for getting pregnant, I've knid of had baby fever over the last few years because I know a lot of girls my age that have babies. I know it's not a good time, but there is that little part of me that wants one.
February 9th, 2010, 10:14 AM
4seasons's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't been on bcps in years, so I don't really have much to say, except that it does sound like you could've been fertile. What I want to warn you against, though, is being off of your meds for too long!! I also take Abilify (and some others) and know that it is risky business to just stop taking those kinds of meds. I thought I was pg this last cycle so I stopped taking all my meds, and within 12 days i was on my way to being a basketcase. I would start taking hpts as soon as would be reliable so you can know what to do about the Zoloft and Abilify. Good luck, and take care of yourself!

February 9th, 2010, 10:45 AM
Regular
I have been concerned with being off my meds for too long, and am going to talk to my psychopharmachologist about some safer alternatives if I am pregnant. I also did 2 hpts this morning, one at home and one at my college's health center, and they both came back negative, but the njurses agreed that it is probably too early. I do have some brown spotting, with could either be my period, or possily implantation? I'm not sure yet....

Tags
medications , missed pills , pregnant

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search