Five days late, negative test?

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 17th, 2010, 11:06 AM
I haven't been on here in a few weeks. But, last time I was I was suspecting pregnancy only to find out I had two negative tests.

Since then, I have come up on five days late for my period. I've been normal for about 3-4 years now, 30 day cycle, comes on the 12th of every month.
I've taken two tests, and they have both been negative.

However, my breasts are so sore I can barely touch them. I have light menstrual cramps. My lower back kills me. I wake up feeling hungry automatically (which shouldn't be, I'm hypoglycemic and the lack of sugar in the morning makes me feel sick usually but I haven't been feeling that at all). And, I am having clear, sticky discharge.

Has any one else experienced this?? I'm very confused on what I should do here.
February 17th, 2010, 11:52 AM
amrysmomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The majority of your symptoms mimic my pregnancy ones, the only one that's slightly different is your CM, mine is sticky, but it's cloudy, not clear, but that doesn't really mean anything. When did you test? It is quite possible that you ovulated later than what you thought, which would make the tests negative. Have you had pulling sensations in your abdomen? Based just on your symptoms, I would say you are, but sometimes, people hope for something so badly and our minds start creating false symptoms. I would try testing again. If it's still a negative, go in and get a blood test, some women have a condition where the HCG is never detectable in urine. A blood test will give you a definite yes or no. Good luck!
February 17th, 2010, 11:56 AM
I tested this morning and yesterday morning, using FRER. I previously tested two days after my missed period with EPT, but I think the faint I got was just an evap line. That's what it seemed like. I thought I could see like a shadow of what would be a vertical line.
I have this feeling like I'm about to start AF any second. But, it doesn't come. I can't feel my cervix, which is odd, because doesn't it drop when AF is on it's way?
I don't necessarily have a pulling feeling, it just feels like a string is connected to it and it's weighing down my tummy.
There's been no change in my diet, exercise or stress levels. Just the same old boring routine every day.
February 17th, 2010, 04:46 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Hmm, your cervix should be in a low position if you are close to getting AF. The fact that it is high and you can't find it makes me think one of two things is going on, one you could be pregnant or two, you could be ovulating really late. Your symptoms also could be from ovulation. It seems late in your cycle for you to be ovulating though based on the fact that you are normally pretty regular. I don't know. I think you could be pregnant.

Cervix position though isn't really a reliable symptom. Your CP can change throughout the day.

Have you considered using ovulation tests during your cycle to tell when you are ovulating? I think it could help you with knowing when to test.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
February 18th, 2010, 04:38 AM
Misty_X's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When was the last tinme you took a test, honey? It could be that you are pregnant but Oed really late in your cycle so you just haven't had a BFP yet, or that you could be about to O now. How have your been pinpointing your O date?

I would try testing again every few days if AF doesn't show as I think there could be a chance you will still get a BFP here.

Please keep us posted!

~ Thank you Patty for my awesome siggy! ~

Co-Host of
General Spirituality | TTC with Endo
Group Leader/Co-Leader of:
Peestick Addicts * Chemical Pregnancy * Got Guinea Pigs? * JM Games Addicts
Addicted to Hosting * Dreamer's Den * Horror Flic Chics

* Come and read the JM Blogs! * | * Visit My Blog on JM! *

February 18th, 2010, 11:31 AM
I took the last test yesterday and it was BFN. I don't know what to think. I haven't been tracking my ovulation at all, just my periods.
But, when I thought I was ovulating (24th, or around there), I had a lot of CM and such.
So, I don't know.
Maybe I'm ovulating twice??
It's six days now though, so I don't know what to think.
I've decided to wait a week before I test again, just to be safe and not waste money.

Tags
negative , pregnancy , pregnant , question , test

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search