Took test but one faint and one solid line!! HELP!!

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 25th, 2010, 04:31 PM
Regular
I'm pretty sure I'm pregnant my breasts have been super tender and have gotten larger as well. Slight nausea, back pain, light cramping and I believe today was the day I was supposed to get my period. I just bought a cheap pregnancy test and my results were one solid line and one faint line but you can easily see it! HELLPPP!!!
March 25th, 2010, 04:37 PM
LadyRogue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Can you post a pic? Did the faint line come up within the time limit? Does it have any color? With your symptoms and the fact that you got a faint line that's easily seen, I'd say you are pg. However, that being said, I suggest you get a CBE digi. You should easily get a clear answer on a digital if you got a BFP on a cheapie. VGL Hon!
March 25th, 2010, 04:41 PM
Regular
I tried to but I don't have enough posts. I can email it to you. The line on the left is faint blue but is easily seen but the line on the right is solid blue. I've read that sometimes it shows up as it detected hCG but it's not enough to say it's positive. It could possibly still be a little early since i was expecting my period on the 25th but last month started 27th. That being said, I thought I'd also get my period sooner since last month only lasted 28 day instead of the normal 30-31. I'm so confused!

Oh and the test said it could take about 3 minutes and it showed up in about 2.
March 25th, 2010, 04:49 PM
LuvRBx5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
A faint line is a positive test! It doesn't matter that the test line is fainter.

It probably says something about it in the instructions.

Congrats!
March 25th, 2010, 04:50 PM
Chayse&HudsynsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
oh oh i would love to see this test, it does sound positive, email it to me i will post it for you.

Last edited by Chayse&HudsynsMommy; March 25th, 2010 at 05:05 PM.
March 25th, 2010, 04:55 PM
LadyRogue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You used a blue dye test?? Hon, blue dyes are known for giving evaps, or a false BFP. That doesn't mean it isn't a positive, but I would totally recommend getting a pink dye test, like an Answer or a FRER to back up the blue dye. Also, it could be that your cycle will be 30-31 days. You never can tell...sometimes our bodies just decide to go psycho on us and throw a curve ball. Still, I definitely would love to see a pic of your test. Once you get 10 posts, you should be able to post a pic up for us to see. In the meantime, go get yourself a pink dye to back up the blue dye test. And let us know what happens!!!
March 25th, 2010, 04:59 PM
Regular
I've been reading online that two lines even if they are not both dark means a positive. But it's a faint first line so that's what makes me confused! But this month is the first month I've EVER experienced this much tenderness in my breasts so that's why I believe I am
March 25th, 2010, 05:04 PM
Chayse&HudsynsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Here's Her test!!

March 25th, 2010, 05:10 PM
LuvRBx5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm thinking the dark one is the control and the lighter one is the test line. Two lines means pregnant. I would (and always have in the past) take more tests to confirm
March 25th, 2010, 05:15 PM
Regular
Yes I'm gonna definately take another sometime this weekend but this time after I wake up. I drink alot of water during the day and I hear it can dilute the urine so that it's not easily detected. Fingers crossed!
March 25th, 2010, 05:24 PM
NannyJen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Looks like a big, shiny BFP to me. Congrats!!

March 25th, 2010, 05:25 PM
MadilynnsMomma's Avatar Katie
Looks like a positive to me!
March 25th, 2010, 05:30 PM
mmllhh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ya, that doesn't look like an evap at all. Get a frer just to back it up.
March 25th, 2010, 05:30 PM
Regular
Oh I hope so! I just texted my sister and she said that all three of her tests had faint lines! I will be testing again either saturday and sunday and if it's the same I have an appointment this Tuesday and they will test me.
March 25th, 2010, 05:47 PM
Mom to D&D's Avatar Super Mommy
Is that Clearblue easy digital taken apart? If not what test is that? Looks positive but back it up with an Answer.

March 25th, 2010, 05:52 PM
Regular
It's a walgreens digital and it said not pregnant but my mom told me to take it apart and make sure and thats when I saw the two lines. Sorry didn't throw that in there
March 25th, 2010, 06:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamidkams View Post
It's a walgreens digital and it said not pregnant but my mom told me to take it apart and make sure and thats when I saw the two lines. Sorry didn't throw that in there
I say get a new test and make sure it is pink dye. I have heard several reviews from ladies on here who took apart their digital test and saw two lines. I believe the digital tests always have two lines, wither it is positive or not. If it said not pregnant I would be leaning towards the fact that it was a negative test.

THANK YOU GOD!!

March 25th, 2010, 06:11 PM
Regular
I don't know about that. My mom's an RN and digitals just read the strip and tests the strength of the second line. SO digitals may be alot more helpful but is not always correct. You have to look at both because I'm still early and it's possible it just didn't pick up enough of the hormones. Not to mention the urine I used was verrrryy clear so it was probably diluted.

But then again it might just mean negative anyways.
March 25th, 2010, 06:49 PM
Veteran
I also have heard that most digital tests have two lines as well, even if you aren't pregnant, and I am an RN as well Here is a link that I found which has some sort of explanation why:
POAS ~ Secret of the Digital
March 25th, 2010, 07:01 PM
*~ Joni ~*'s Avatar Jordana Jacoby & Jamason
Good luck! I would test first thing in the morning. Can't wait to hear!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search