Am I pregnant?

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 6th, 2010, 09:50 AM
I'm about 6 days late, my cycles are about 35 days now, I took myself off of bc due to money issues in Oct or Nov can't remember when I stopped taking them. My cycles were 28 days on the pill but after it was 2 days late then the next month same thing, Jan and Feb it was 35 no change. I had never been more than a 2 days late.
I was supposed to start on Mar 31st, and on Apr 1st I started getting nauseated, I was out at a ball game and someone started smoking I almost threw up from the smell, which had never happened before. I didn't start over the weekend and took 2 tests that came out negative. Sunday I started feeling more tired, moody, getting headaches, heartburn, constipation, it feels like I have butterflies in my stomach all the time (I know it's not a baby moving too early for that) and I've been using the bathroom more than usual. My breast are a little sore, when I shower it hurts, which all of these are different than what happens when I'm just pmsing.
I read up a lot on women who didn't get a positive until they were 3 months pregnant, and there is a free clinic here but I can't go right now because my husband is working during the days they're open, and has some training he needs to do this week. And we only have one car (That I cannot drive) so I have to wait for a few weeks before I can go.
The last time I went to the doctor he said I might have PCOS, which I know can cause irregular periods, but throughout the entire time I've had periods I've never missed one, I've always had very painful cramps and very heavy periods that last 7-14 days. But he also never tested to find out if I truly had PCOS or not it was just a possibility.
Has anyone had similar symptoms and can tell me what they did and what they had? My husband and I want babies just not for a few more years and I'm really scared of being pregnant and having a miscarriage (Its happened before), I'm taking prenatal vitamins just in case I am but I still want to hear if someone else has gone through this.

Last edited by MommyZ; April 6th, 2010 at 09:53 AM.
April 6th, 2010, 10:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
If your doctor is right and you do have PCOS that could be part of it. You may be dealing with late ovulation which is common for women with PCOS that ovulate. It's also common for women with PCOS to notice their cycles gradually becoming more irregular and their symptoms becoming worse. Also, depending on your particular case of PCOS you can be at higher risk of miscarriage due to things like high testosterone or low progesterone. I really think you should call your doctor and request blood work so if you are pregnant you get any help you need which may involve hormone supplements. Good luck!

April 6th, 2010, 10:11 AM
I want to get a blood test but we just don't have the money right now to go anywhere except the free clinic which I don't think does the blood test. I went to a doctor a year and a half ago, then started going to clinics because of money problems. But my period hasn't changed much since I was 10 heavy, painful and sometimes a little late. I've been on and off of bc before but this is the first time it's been 6 days late. which is why I'm more worried it's pregnancy than possible PCOS.
April 6th, 2010, 10:17 AM
Loving6's Avatar Formerly Loving4
I guess with a money issue all you can do is wait and test in a week.GL

Mom to Dustin Jr, Jarren, Nathan, Alivia, Ava, & Ariea

April 6th, 2010, 10:24 AM
Yeah I was just posting to see if anyone has gone through anything similar I plan on retesting this weekend and if it's still negative and no period I'll go to the clinic and see if they can figure it out.

Tags
late , pcos , period , pregnant

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search