Could I be?

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 6th, 2010, 07:16 PM
HI, this is my first time on here. I've been married since August 14th 2009. My husband and I decided that we're ready and want to start TTC. I was on Nuva Ring until 3/5/10. I was due to start my period yesterday. I've been showing some symptoms but I'm worried that it's just my mind tricking me. I've had sore breasts, I've been a lot warmer feeling than usual (but I haven't been tracking my BBT), I've been extremely tired, and now I've been having this weird feeling in my lower abdomen. It's a soreness, kind of like when you work a muscle and the next day it's sore. When I try to sit or stand it aches even more. I took a test today (around 1pm) but it came out negative. Should I try to take another test tomorrow morning as soon as I get up or should I wait a couple days? Please help.
April 6th, 2010, 08:40 PM
Kholmes's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi there, welcome. Although your symptoms sound promising, if your test today was negative, and your period is due tomorrow, you probably won't get a BFP tomorrow. Some folks do however get their BFPs later than the 14 days. I think you should wait at least 2 days and see if you get your period. GL to you, I hope this is your BFP, but if not, keep up the bd'ing and hope you get knocked up soon!!!!!

April 6th, 2010, 08:54 PM
MissMommy
I would give it 48 hours... It is possible your pregnant, Do you have any idea when you may have ovulated? I usually count out 10-12 days after ovulation to determine when to test.

Good Luck!
April 6th, 2010, 08:59 PM
I'm pretty sure I ovulated on the 23rd. I also think I had very very light spotting on the 30th. I was supposed to start my period yesterday. Thanks for the help
April 6th, 2010, 09:03 PM
MissMommy
Let us know when you retest.... If you have HPT's to spare, I would take one first thing in the morning (but that is just me because I don't have patience ☺)
April 6th, 2010, 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMommy View Post
Let us know when you retest.... If you have HPT's to spare, I would take one first thing in the morning (but that is just me because I don't have patience ☺)
That's what I was thinking of doing but I wanted to make sure it wasn't too early to retest. It'll be when I'm 2 days late. I could always try to wait until Thursday morning to be sure.
April 8th, 2010, 10:45 AM
I retested this morning (around 8am) but it came out negative. I'm still showing symptoms and I'm 2-3 days late. I'm not sure what's wrong.
April 8th, 2010, 11:39 AM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Until March, your hormones and cycles were controlled by the Nuvaring. Since you just removed the ring a month ago there are a lot of possibilities. The first is that you did not ovulate this month, which is very common the first month of hormone bc. The second is that naturally you have longer cycles. My first 2-3 months off Depo shot were a constant rollercoaster. I took several tests because the symptoms were crazy. I did level out in about 5 months, but it usually takes some time.

I hope you find answers soon.

Kat.
April 8th, 2010, 02:35 PM
Cait&AngelAbove's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It could be because of your NuvaRing. It might take some time for your body to regulate. I would test again in a couple days if AF is still no show. Good luck!!

Thank you so much Bokkechick for the perfect siggie!!!
12-10-10 2-6-12
April 8th, 2010, 06:41 PM
Wait a couple of days its too early youre only 2 days late. Id wait til like the end of the week or monday to test again.. Good luck dear!!

Tags
possible pregnancy , symptoms

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search