EPO (evening primrose oil) for TTC

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 25th, 2010, 07:10 AM
LuvRBx5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Benefits of Evening Primrose Oil while trying to conceive and during pregnancy - Pregnancy Articles

Benefits of Evening Primrose Oil while trying to conceive and during pregnancy

Evening Primrose is a plant that can be found in many parts of North America. Native Americans and early settlers often used evening primrose for stomach and liver complaints, coughs and female disorders. Evening primrose oil is a herbal oil used by some women today both while trying to conceive and during pregnancy.
When trying to conceive, evening primrose oil is thought to have an effect on cervical mucus. It is thought to help you produce more egg white cervical mucus, the type that best aids sperm on its journey through the uterus and into the fallopian tube and to the egg. This is also the type of cervical mucus in which sperm can survive the longest before implantation.
Because Evening primrose is high in essential fatty acids, evening primrose oil is thought to play a unique role during pregnancy. Because of the rapid development of new cell growth, new tissues, and new organ systems in a developing fetus, the body requires a large amount of essential fatty acids. These fatty acids, of course, must come from the mother.
Evening primrose oil is thought to help in a variety of other areas, including skin health, arthritis, diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, colitis, brain function and kidney function.
Like all herbs, the use of Evening Primrose Oil can take a month or two to build up, and produce the results you are looking for. It is essential that you chart your fertility symptoms and signs, so you can know when you have ovulated. Unless you are very regular, charting your fertility signs is the best tool to determine where you are in your cycle.
April 25th, 2010, 07:26 AM
stars3liberty's Avatar Veteran
Good info on that! thanks! if I don't get a BFP on this time around I am using up the primrose oil that I have next cycle!

April 25th, 2010, 10:42 AM
Isabelle's Avatar 3 Princes & 1 Princess
Thanks for the info

April 25th, 2010, 11:01 AM
Anna.Loves.Toast's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for the info! I've heard about people taking, but always forgot to find out why
April 25th, 2010, 05:13 PM
I've heard of taking it in late pregnancy to help with the body preparing... but not for TTC
April 25th, 2010, 06:26 PM
LadyRogue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been taking it for the past few cycles. It really does increase CM production!!
August 3rd, 2012, 12:08 AM
Evening Primrose Oil is really good to take during pregnancy, but it can have few side-effects such as gastrointestinal upset, headache, and nausea in some individuals. Since evening primrose oil may increase risk of pregnancy complications, consulting your physician beforehand is a good idea.
August 3rd, 2012, 07:26 AM
Wow, so weird to see an old post by me from 2010. I was really confused for a minute there lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search