Please help! Could I be pregnant?

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 3rd, 2010, 07:30 AM
Please help me out, I need to know if it's possible that I am pregnant! I know this is long, but I really, really need some helpful input/answers!

I'm 20 years old and live with my boyfriend. We don't have sex a lot (I know it only takes once, but I'm just saying, its not an every night thing), I'd say between 4-8 times a month give or take. We use condoms but only about halfway through do put one on (I'm aware of the risks). I am very regular with my period but cannot be on birth control because of the side effects.
So around January, I started to feel just, "different". I usually felt bloated all over before my period or after a big meal, I have a very predictable cycle of symptoms. But I really only felt noticeably bloated in my stomach. And this occurred all throughout the day. I woke uncomfortably bloated and went to sleep uncomfortably bloated. Like I said, bloating is common for me after a big meal, but I always woke up feeling like I had a flat stomach.
I took gas-ex...nothing. I switched to lactose free milk...nothing. I was worried so I took several tests throughout the next couple weeks. They continued to come up negative. I got my period, slightly late but not too much later. Usually right after my period I feel like I have dropped 5 lbs and I feel very skinny. Not that month...my bloating continued. I was going the bathroom (to pee) constantly and felt tired most of the time.
For the next months (feb and march) same symptoms (still getting neg pregnancy tests and a fairly regular period) but this time I had HORRIBLE acid reflux/heartburn. So bad I would have to sit down and just take a breather. Then April came and my breasts started to feel so tender (especially the nipples) that it hurt to change my clothes. I really was freaked out so I took a bunch of preg tests, still negative. I got my period on the correct day. My bloated felt like it slightly subsided, but not much at all, and not for a long time.
Now its May and my stomach just feels like I have a bubble in it. I'm a skinny girl (5'3, 115 lbs) but I feel like my stomach is just huge. I LOOK like I'm pregnant, but tests are indicating otherwise. I used to be able to suck my stomach in really tight but now its impossible, I can't suck in at all, its like there's a ball in my stomach. Its not like if you looked at me you'd think I was def. pregnant, I try to hold my stomach in somewhat, but if I just let my belly sit comfortably, I def. look like I have a small pregnant belly. Although I can pinch some "fat" or skin, my belly feels very hard and is rounded in the lower region. The bloating still does not subside at all.
I also have not had a regular bowel movement in about 5 days. I usually have very regular, "satisfying" bowel movements daily, but this last week has been awful. I cannot go fully and when I do, it requires effort and very little comes out, if any. (sorry for all the details! lol) I eat mostly whole grains and plenty of fiber...I have oatmeal for breakfast every morning so its not anything to do with my lack of fiber.

I've contacted my doctor and they continue to tell my that there is no way because OTC preg tests are very accurate and although I understand their concern...they continue also to demand I get on the pill (the side effects are unbearable..and I've tried approx. 5 different kinds) and it makes me not want to talk to them, I feel like they don't allow me to feel comfortable with the method I choose and they refuse to offer alternatives as an option.
I went to a planned parenthood type place and although it was a urine test, they said its more accurate than an OTC one. Negative.
I've talked to my mom and she thinks I want to be pregnant because I keep suggesting I am, but thats not it, I just feel like my body and symptoms are telling me I am...and I cannot shake this feeling. I FEEL very pregnant and I'm so confused because I feel like there's no way to tell. I've felt this way for a whole 4 1/2 months now.

What is going on?? Has anyone had an experience much like mine and found out they were pregnant after a number of months of reg. periods and neg. preg tests? Or could it be something else? If you have read this far, thank you so much! I hope you can help me!

PS~ I understand the risks that I have taken, and although I am not planning a pregnancy or trying to get pregnant, it wouldn't be the end of the world (I am in a very committed, stable, healthy relationship) and I would appreciate no feedback on the risks I'm taking because I understand them.
May 3rd, 2010, 07:37 AM
The only way to know for absolute certain is to get a blood test. Even if your doctors don't think you're pregnancy just demand a blood test and say I just want to know for sure. If this has been going on for 4 1/2 months now you will know for absolute certain after the result of the blood test and it will be able to put your mind at ease.
Thanks to Mrs. Jantzen for the adorable siggy!!!
May 3rd, 2010, 08:03 AM
I figured so! I've tried Yahoo answers and people can be not-so-nice! I appreciate both of your answers!

Hopefulmommy2be- I haven't had a blood test because my doctor lives 2 1/2 hrs away ( I moved away for college) and its difficult to get in with them. I also asked and they told me that it wouldn't be worth testing b/c I'd had so many neg. home tests. I haven't asked for a an ultra sound. My mom thinks they won't do it if I have neg tests.

I'm curious to whether I have a benign tumor (I know it sounds kinda unusual to think) but there is *something* in my stomach. I had an ovarian cyst burst in December of last year and had an ultra sound then (so cool! I got to see my ovaries! lol) and I wonder if it coud be a cyst or something...

Would planned parenthood be able to issue me a blood test or ultrasound? The place I went to before was like a home run sort of business (I think it was a Christian center, idr)

Thanks again
May 3rd, 2010, 08:39 AM
3TeamH's Avatar Hayley
If you have insurance, you should be able to see a doctor closer to where you're located. Often times there is a health clinic on university campuses that you could also visit.
May 3rd, 2010, 08:47 AM
Yeah if you have insurance your insurance company should have a list of doctors in your area that you can go visit.
Thanks to Mrs. Jantzen for the adorable siggy!!!
May 3rd, 2010, 09:07 AM
I would think if all the tests are negative they would bring you in for blood owrk or perhaps a u/s. It could be something other than pregnancy, and something as serious as a tumor or cancer. I apologize and I am not trying to scare you, but my mom has ovarian cancer and I know bloating and was her first symptom.
You should just get it checked, maybe there is an explanation.
Good Luck! KUP
May 3rd, 2010, 09:10 AM
Hi Jackie~ i would definitely go see a doctor and get a blood test When I was pregnant with my first, I had a similar experience. All of my home tests were negative. Then, I finally went in and they did a blood test, and sure enough....i was pregnant. I was actually about 4 months along. Good Luck, and hang in there
May 3rd, 2010, 09:16 AM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The chances are very slim with all those negative tests, but that doesnt mean its impossible its happened before. But like I said, I would bet your not pregnant. Definitely get a blood test just in case. Good Luck!
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

May 3rd, 2010, 10:38 AM
LuvRBx5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Unlikely that it's pregnancy, not impossible, weirder things have happened, but it could be something else and I would definitely make the time to get in with the dr. It could be something hormonal, like fibroids, cysts or something else.
Thanks to *Sharon* for the siggy <3
May 3rd, 2010, 01:26 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
For whatever reason, some women simply don't get positives with urine tests. I think at this point it's probably a good idea to push for a blood test or ultrasound just to be sure.
May 3rd, 2010, 03:35 PM
MrsHoot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do you have a school clinic? I would think you could request a blood test there. Maybe you could even go in and tell them you think you are pregnant and ask for a blood test. (Without telling them that you've done the urine tests at home? If that would sway their decision) Or tell them the full truth and say that you would really like a blood test to clear your mind. Have you gained any weight?

May 3rd, 2010, 04:16 PM
LadyRogue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
All very good advice and I'd just like to reiterate that you need a beta blood test to put your mind at ease and know for sure. Go to a doctor in your area and ask for one or ask for an u/s. Either one should tell you for sure and then at least, you can start to figure out what is going on with your body, one way or the other. VGL Hon!! I hope you can get some answers soon!!

am i pregnant? , bloating , negative pregnancy test , pregnancy questions , symptoms

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search