What were your pregnancy symptoms? What have you heard?

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 24th, 2010, 07:37 PM
jeweluv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What pregnancy symptoms did you have/when? What symptoms have you heard of?

I have only been pregnant once...and I was a bit tired and had implantation bleeding (also some mild cramping)...before I even found out I was preg....nothing else at all though (which makes it hard now to tell if I might be)

found this online and thought it was interesting...

The first pregnancy symptoms and the time of their appearance are listed here:

Pregnancy Symptoms Timing of Pregnancy Symptom

Temperature drop (dip) Implantation day
Implantation bleeding or spottinga slight staining of a pink or brown color) 8-10 days after ovulation
Lower abdominal cramps / Implantation cramps / hot flashes 8-10 days after ovulation
A positive blood hCG pregnancy test 10 days after fertilization/ovulation
A positive urine home pregnancy test (HPT)
10-14 days after ovulation/fertilization
An elevated BBT 15+ days without a menstrual period
No period. A missed menstrual period
(amenorrhea) Your period is supposed to come 14-16 days after ovulation
Nausea 2-4 weeks after ovulation
Nipple or breast tenderness 3-4 weeks after conception
Fatigue and tiredness 3-10 weeks after conception
Vomiting 3-10 weeks after conception
Food cravings 1-2 months after conception
Frequent urination Usually after 1-2 months
Softening of cervix 6+ weeks after LMP
Constipation Later
Lower-back pain Later
Darkening of areola (area around breast nipple) After 14 weeks
Fetal heartbeat on sonogram 8-9 weeks after conception
Fetal movements 18-20+ weeks

Lee and Erica by Jadelm, on Flickr
June 25th, 2010, 10:33 AM
Baby 3.0's Avatar Surprised by #3!!
With #1 I felt like I had the flu by 6dpo, but no stuffy nose, fever ect...then the vomiting/nausea started, major major cramping and spotting. Everything stopped except the vomiting/nausea. It finally went away about 15 weeks. GIRL

#2 Pee a lot and tired by 9dpo BEST PREGNANCY EVER!! BOY

#3 Thought there was NO way of getting prego, we werent trying but we werent very careful either. BD 6dbo Food adversions 6dpo, Ego tasted like cardboard?? sleeping a TON, headache, just didnt feel right. 7dpo headache and queezy feeling Left boob felt weird sharp pains only for a bit. Now some cramps ??? 8dpo feel very queezy and have a bad migraine took IBP couldnt move tired 9dpo feel much better today boobs felt weird for a bit. very tired. feels weird during X 10dpo cramps, very tired lately, queezy, diarrah and a little headache still Areola doubled in sz, that was a MAJOR indicator for me...decided to take a test. FAINT LINE AT 7:15PM!!!!
11dpo tired, pee alot started and queezy all day. took 2 more $$ store in the morning and got a BFP!! 12dpo uterus feels heavy, hot, tired, nausea Sharp little twinges on the lower right side 13dpo not as bad as before but still queezy today VERY bloated!! and the symptoms keep coming!! Another + BFP on FR Now 18dpo. Maybe GIRL again!
Make a pregnancy ticker

June 25th, 2010, 04:04 PM
wow...you really had all the symptoms...believe it or not..I WISHED I DID...I kinda always wanted the full experience...plus, then I would know I was preg. We have used the withdrawal method this month (plan to start trying next month).....but I have had periods post ov....of feeling very tired, SOO BLOATED I LOOK PREG (and i don't carry my weight in my stomach).....a bit irritable...and a bit tired. Hard to tell bc i just stopped yaz bc a month ago; could be from that? We shall see. I'm not due till like Tuesd...but have a poreg test to take....prob shouldn't....but can't resist. it prob will come out negative...

June 25th, 2010, 08:41 PM
Bellemom06's Avatar Mommy of two princesses
Send a message via AIM to Bellemom06
With DD my first sign of pregnancy was food cravings. Then, the day I tested, m/s started and I had that for two weeks.

With this one...wow!!! I had severe gas, constipation, nausea, m/s, tender breasts, and fatigue. I really can't wait for the 2nd trimester to get here because I feel like all I do is pee, puke, and sleep.
June 25th, 2010, 10:19 PM
sblades19's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
4 dpo - light nose bleed
7 dpo - huge glob of ewcmish cm; pinching in my left side in the afternoon; swevere hung accompanied with dry heaving (soo nauseated) around 9 pm
8 dpo - suuuuper tired and nauseated; First Test SMU faaiiinnntt + (wow!)
9 dpo - tired, sensative nips, nauseous; Retested - clear Postive
10 dpo - same; tested one last time with digi - pregnant

On and off symptoms - nausea and sleepiness; feeling perfect and energetic today

Most consistant - headache (for days, getting better now), daily nose bleed, boobs are getting increasingly heavier, sensative/painful, some lower back pain, veeerrrry slight cramping...currrently 18 dpo and going strong! Due Feb 28, 2011.

Special thank you to Graysmama for my awesome siggy!

Last edited by sblades19; June 26th, 2010 at 06:40 PM.
June 25th, 2010, 11:10 PM
3TeamH's Avatar Hayley
#1 - i had to pee all the time, extremely tender breasts BOY
#2 - light nausea, never threw up, mild cramping BOY

June 26th, 2010, 08:32 AM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
5 DPO nose bleed, then i spent the next few days trying to convince myself it was nothing. BFP at 9 DPO...didn't really have many symptoms during tww. My boobs were more tender than usual. I have continued to have nosebleeds (not full on, just like bloody snot). I have had frequent urination b/c the baby is right on top of my bladder right now. My nausea started at night around my 5th week and full on M/S started at 6 weeks. Constipation around 13-15 weeks. I have still have some vomiting and am now 22 weeks. I am having a boy.

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
June 26th, 2010, 10:07 AM
alyssasue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Before testing, I only experienced cramping on the left side, increased hunger, and severe gas and bloating. Shortly after, I began experiencing severe fatigue (I can easily sleep 12 hours a night), increased urination (up at night now, even), and PMS like mood swings.

June 26th, 2010, 03:51 PM
wow!! ...I kind of wish and wished that I had more symptoms. What is m/s?
With my dd (1st and only so far)..I took a blood preg test exactly a week before my period was due and it came back neg. (monday was the tes)...that thurs I had mild spotting...Friday too. I was a bit tired...and had mild cramping...that was it! The following week, I waited two days to be late and then got a positve preg test! AMAZING MOMENT! Want to know something wierd? Well..my dh is a dr...and he took the blood test...after getting a negative result..eh said that there was prob no way I was preg bc the test would have shown it at this point. The night he said that, I had a dream...in my dream (my g-ma who had died)...said to me in such a way THAT SHE TOTALLY WOULD "Erica, if you would just keep your mouth shut and stop obsessing about being pregnant, I will make that happen. I know you secretly want a girl.....and I will do that for you if you promise to name her after me!" ..........also....soooo, wierd...I was working in a pre-school at the time that I had JUST JUST found out i was preg...and I am tiny..and wasn't showing at all. A lil boy came up to me and started tickling my belly. I said "James, what are you doing." he said "tickling the baby in your belly".....I said "how do you know there is a baby in my belly"...he said "bc i can see it." I asked if it was a boy or a girl and he said "girl"....it was!
more wierdness...I was off the thurs i found out i was preg.....went into a little shop where the lady very nicely asked me if i was preg...i said, i guess i could be...she said "don't worry, you don't look it...i just get feelings about things"...later that night is when i tested! A month later i went back to tell her and she kept referrign to the baby as a girl, without even realizing it..and that is what I had!

June 26th, 2010, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jensma View Post
5 DPO nose bleed, then i spent the next few days trying to convince myself it was nothing. BFP at 9 DPO...didn't really have many symptoms during tww. My boobs were more tender than usual. I have continued to have nosebleeds (not full on, just like bloody snot). I have had frequent urination b/c the baby is right on top of my bladder right now. My nausea started at night around my 5th week and full on M/S started at 6 weeks. Constipation around 13-15 weeks. I have still have some vomiting and am now 22 weeks. I am having a boy.
I am having the same exact nose bleed experience! Ha! It isn't gushing, just like bloody snot every day usually about early to mid morning. I didn't have this with my other two! Congrats on your lil boy!

June 26th, 2010, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweluv View Post
wow!! ...I kind of wish and wished that I had more symptoms. What is m/s?
With my dd (1st and only so far)..I took a blood preg test exactly a week before my period was due and it came back neg. (monday was the tes)...that thurs I had mild spotting...Friday too. I was a bit tired...and had mild cramping...that was it! The following week, I waited two days to be late and then got a positve preg test! AMAZING MOMENT! Want to know something wierd? Well..my dh is a dr...and he took the blood test...after getting a negative result..eh said that there was prob no way I was preg bc the test would have shown it at this point. The night he said that, I had a dream...in my dream (my g-ma who had died)...said to me in such a way THAT SHE TOTALLY WOULD "Erica, if you would just keep your mouth shut and stop obsessing about being pregnant, I will make that happen. I know you secretly want a girl.....and I will do that for you if you promise to name her after me!" ..........also....soooo, wierd...I was working in a pre-school at the time that I had JUST JUST found out i was preg...and I am tiny..and wasn't showing at all. A lil boy came up to me and started tickling my belly. I said "James, what are you doing." he said "tickling the baby in your belly".....I said "how do you know there is a baby in my belly"...he said "bc i can see it." I asked if it was a boy or a girl and he said "girl"....it was!
more wierdness...I was off the thurs i found out i was preg.....went into a little shop where the lady very nicely asked me if i was preg...i said, i guess i could be...she said "don't worry, you don't look it...i just get feelings about things"...later that night is when i tested! A month later i went back to tell her and she kept referrign to the baby as a girl, without even realizing it..and that is what I had!
Holy chills! Amazing! SO did you keep your promise to your grandma? ;p My son has 100% accuracy of predicting the genders of his sister, all of my family and friends' babies. I wonder what he will say about this one...I know he wants a brother...so I am hesitant to ask! But we haven't told the kids yet that we are getting a new baby.

June 27th, 2010, 05:35 AM
LOL..YEP...I did keep my promise!!!! Do you have any feelings about what it will be? I have never been wrong in my guessing either....like your son. My dad is a sono tech and when my mom was preggo with my brother.....he sono'd her and said it wasa girl (he also has never been wrong with his sono results)..I insisted it wasa boy.....she went into labor and called me and said '"Erica, you have a brother."...I saidn "I told you." lol........she was shocked...she had all pink already...lol, my poor bro..

June 27th, 2010, 07:55 PM
Veteran
i hardly post here, but i read everyday...

DS#1: not much, but noticebly eating more and craving wierd things, slept A LOT

DS#2: there was nothing noticeable pre missed AF/BFP

currently i'm 10dpo, i had a crazy dream at 4dpo (i only dream during pg & it's always something outlandish), at 5dpo i devlpd a headache which i have had off/on since, at 6 dpo i noticed that my nips were a lil sore (was in the shower), also at 6dpo i had a couple waves of nausea, yesterday/9 dpo i was out shopping and felt really nauseous & had to eat something & sip a drink, today/10 dpo i have felt queasy all day/night...right now i feel that if i move more than what i'm doing typing this, i may throw up. i won't be surprised if i get a bfp in a few days...if so, maybe this will be my girl

i forgot that at 7dpo i got a wicked stuffy nose/sinus thing that i'm still fighting.

Last edited by hoping4XX; June 27th, 2010 at 08:02 PM. Reason: adding to current symptoms
June 29th, 2010, 12:16 PM
wow! I am two days late....but I just stopped the pill this month..i have been feeling pms like.........my periods are usually pretty regukar...took a preg test (dollar store one)..and it said negative. We're not really trying till next month, however i guess you can get preg witht he withdrawl method...not sure...hope i get period soon if im not preg so that i know my cylce will be okay to try next month.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search