AF 1 Week Late, 2 Negative HPTs

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 29th, 2010, 05:16 PM
Regular
Hi! I'm Rachel! SO and I are not currently ttc but we also are not really preventing either. The only "protection" we are using right now is the pull-out method which of course I know is not very reliable. lol Anyways...my cycles are normally 31 days long (sometimes 32 or 33 but generally they are 31) and as of right now I am on cycle day 38 and no sign of AF. The last time I had AF was June 22 so I was expecting it last Thursday - Saturday. When my period hadn't shown up by Sunday morning I took a FR hpt and got a clear negative. I figured AF would probably show up later that morning but like I said it is still a no show. So I waited a few more days and took a dollar tree hpt yesterday afternoon. Again another clear negative, no sign of a positive at all...

As a note, last Monday July 19th (CD 28) I had menstrual-like cramps. Normally when I have cramps I get AF the day or two after. But AF never showed which makes me think maybe it was implantation cramps? I also have been craving chocolate and potato chips like crazy and I have been EXTREMELY exhausted... I have taken a nap every day this week after work (yesterday I even slept through dinner time) which is unusual for me. I mean, I can be tired some days and want a nap but not every day...

I'm just really confused and frustrated... The longest my cycle has ever been was 37 days and that was my first cycle off of birth control a few years ago... I just don't understand what is going on... I read online that some women do not get a positive hpt until two weeks after af is due. Do you think I am pregnant? Or do you think AF is just playing tricks on me? I am fine being pregnant but I am also fine not being pregnant... I just want to know because if I am pregnant then I don't want to do anything that would harm the baby...

I have one more FR hpt left and I think I am going to take it tomorrow morning. Do you think tomorrow is a good day to take it or should I wait? Any thoughts/advice/anything is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!
July 29th, 2010, 07:46 PM
Alyse
I would wait it out and test again if it does not show. If you are in the same situation in a week and are worried maybe make a doctor appointment. For the time being treat your body as if you were pregnant so you dont do or take anything that might harm the baby.
July 29th, 2010, 08:35 PM
3TeamH's Avatar Hayley
The pull out method is a lot more reliable than you think. As far as you possibly being pregnant, it sounds like maybe either had an annovulatory cycle or ovulated on/around the 19th and you're testing too early (assuming you conceived).

July 30th, 2010, 02:46 AM
Misty_X's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi there Perhaps the cramping you had about 10 days ago were ovulation cramps? It can happen every so often, even if you don't usually get them. I would wait another couple of days before testing again. Good luck and keep us posted x

~ Thank you Patty for my awesome siggy! ~

Co-Host of
General Spirituality | TTC with Endo
Group Leader/Co-Leader of:
Peestick Addicts * Chemical Pregnancy * Got Guinea Pigs? * JM Games Addicts
Addicted to Hosting * Dreamer's Den * Horror Flic Chics

* Come and read the JM Blogs! * | * Visit My Blog on JM! *

July 30th, 2010, 06:12 AM
Regular
Thank you for all of your input! I don't remember ever having ovulation cramps before but it is possible... I took a test this morning and it was another negative... I'll go buy another test next week and test again if AF doesn't show... I really need to stop being lazy and start taking my temp again every morning, I'm sure if I had all my temps recorded that would probably help me out... Thanks again for your replies!
July 30th, 2010, 02:29 PM
lauren.nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The cramps you experienced could have been ovulation. I had them some cycles but not every cycle. I am sorry you are getting negatives and still wondering if you are pregnant. I agree that waiting another week to see if AF shows before testing again is a good idea. Try not to stress too much over all this. I know it is frustrating to keep wondering! Good luck and I hope you get the result you want. Keep us updated!

July 30th, 2010, 09:08 PM
swtneka's Avatar Praying for a miracle
I agree maybe u o'd later then u think and its to early to tell... gl
August 2nd, 2010, 02:40 PM
Regular
Hi everybody!
I just wanted to let you all know that af showed up today. So those cramps I had must have been ovulation cramps after all... I'm a little disappointed but everything happens for a reason and now isn't the best time for a baby. I just wish af would stop playing tricks on me! lol

Thanks again for all your advice!

Tags
af late , negative hpt

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search