Very Very faint line on 3 tests! HELP ME PLEASE

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 7th, 2010, 05:12 AM
Veteran
HOOOKAY. So, hi, I'm Sheila. =D I'm happily married to my best friend, Amos. We have been married for 9 months.

As far as my period goes, I'm pretty regular. It usually comes on time, lasts 3 days, then goes away. Recently I've had a VERY rough month, August was TERRIBLE. So, I'm wondering if my period being late is a sign of stress. Anyhow, details!

Last period start: August.3.2010
Expected period: Was supposed to start between Aug.30th or Aug.2nd
I am now, as you can tell, pretty late on my period, if not by a week. So, lately, I've gone pee stick happy. However, kept getting negatives so I just chalked it up to stress.

However, yesterday, August.6.2010, I took a test at work after feeling kind of sick. It was a pink dye test, and I've heard good things about pink dye. Well, at first it seemed negative, so, after the 3 minute wait, I threw it away. Maybe 4 minutes later I decided to dive back into the trash can to dig it out, at first I saw nothing and then looked VERY closely. There was a very, very, very faint line. Almost invisible, but still pinkish.

However, the girls at work told me that it was probably just where the line should go, yada yada, so faint, blah blah. So, I threw it away, heartbroken.

I came home and talked to hubby and we decided to take another, more expensive test, so we went to walgreens and got a clear blue +/- test. Surely enough, within the 2 minute wait this time, there was a very faint, nearly not there line. So, we decided that we would take one again in the morning.

I did not sleep at all, waaay too excited. So, 5:03 in the morning, my bladder feels like it's going to burst so we take the test. Yet again, very very very very faint line.

However, I keep reading that these are probably false positives, blah blah. So, I stuck a pee test in water to compare. No very faint line. Not even an evap line (maybe one, but it's going the wrong way.)

What should I do? I know I should get a digital, but I'm scared it will say not pregnant and I'll be heartbroken...Similar stories? I NEED HELP! PLEASE!
September 7th, 2010, 05:39 AM
swtneka's Avatar Praying for a miracle
If u r getting such faint lines and still not sure maybe u should go to the dr and get blood drawn. I wouldnt get a digi if you cant take the not preg cuz most likely thats whats goin to happen cuz u r gettin such light lines on the line test. I mean u not getting your period could be late cuz of stress as u stated but it also could be that u O'd later then u usually do. Do u know exactly when u Ovulated?

Thanks bonnie for my siggie

September 7th, 2010, 06:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I would recommend having your hcg levels drawn as well. your levels should double every 48 hours so you should have a darker line with in two days of the first faint line test. GL KUP hun.

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful Siggy!

September 7th, 2010, 06:18 AM
Veteran
Thanks so much for the help, ladies. I took a digital test this morning after posting, it says not pregnant.

However, I took a +/- right after that one and the line is def. there, still very light, but possibly darker than the others. Hubby and I decided last night that if there was no definite positive by Friday that I would go to the doctor and have blood drawn.

Also - Not very sure about my ovulation. :/ I haven't ever kept track of my cycle really other than when my period is due, all that. So, I could have just ovulated later than expected.

: I also have very clear, long, stringy DC. right now. Last night I wanted eggs, hubby made eggs, I decided I didn't like the smell, ate them anyways, got sick with bad cramps, almost puked them up an hour later.

Maybe my mind is tricking me?

Last edited by Finxiekins; September 7th, 2010 at 06:24 AM.
September 7th, 2010, 06:20 AM
swtneka's Avatar Praying for a miracle
gl

Thanks bonnie for my siggie

September 7th, 2010, 06:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds to me like you just might not have enough hCG in your system to get a BFP on a digital yet. Good luck!!

February, 2005
August, 2005
September 7th, 2010, 07:34 AM
amrysmomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finxiekins View Post
: I also have very clear, long, stringy DC. right now. Last night I wanted eggs, hubby made eggs, I decided I didn't like the smell, ate them anyways, got sick with bad cramps, almost puked them up an hour later.

Maybe my mind is tricking me?
I'm guessing DC is the same thing as CM? I'm going to just throw this out there, but are you sure you aren't ovulating now? Being super stressed can postpone ovulation, and pregnancy tests will pick up the LH hormone which is what your body produces when you are getting ready to ovulate, and give you a BFP. I have used the same tests that you are using and got a BFP that never got darker either, so I won't say that you aren't pregnant, but your CM doesn't sound right for pregnancy, it sounds like ovulation. I would recommend getting another brand of test, preferably pink dye, and test again. If you still see a line, within the time limit, which should be darker by now, then I would say get a blood test. If you don't see a line, I'm going to say you were ovulating, and it was picking up the LH hormone. Good Luck!
September 7th, 2010, 07:42 AM
Regular
My best advice is next time you wake up at 5:00 to pee, DON'T test. Go pee, then go back to bed (don't eat or drink anything), then an hour or two later pee in a cup and dip the test. The urine will be more concentrated and IMO will give you a darker line. I say go with a first response or answer (I also like the purple cap pink +/- equate tests if you have a walmart nearby). Best wishes!
September 7th, 2010, 07:45 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellokitti420 View Post
I'm guessing DC is the same thing as CM? I'm going to just throw this out there, but are you sure you aren't ovulating now? Being super stressed can postpone ovulation, and pregnancy tests will pick up the LH hormone which is what your body produces when you are getting ready to ovulate, and give you a BFP. I have used the same tests that you are using and got a BFP that never got darker either, so I won't say that you aren't pregnant, but your CM doesn't sound right for pregnancy, it sounds like ovulation. I would recommend getting another brand of test, preferably pink dye, and test again. If you still see a line, within the time limit, which should be darker by now, then I would say get a blood test. If you don't see a line, I'm going to say you were ovulating, and it was picking up the LH hormone. Good Luck!
DC being discharge....yeah, it's a lot like my ovulation discharge, but it also varies. It goes from clear with white bits to clear, to clear and long and slimy, to not there at all.

It's driving me crazy! I talked to the people at clear blue, told them what my test looked like and they said it was a positive and to wait a few days to let the HCG increase.

The only thing that makes me thing it's not ovulation is that I had already had that DC stuff about mid-late August and that my periods are ALWAYS on time. ALWAYS.

I've gone through way more horrible things than this and never had my period this late. I just hate thinking those little faint lines could be a preggo result - Hate it. I've been wrong so many times, but I've used clear blue before and never seen anything like this. I think I'm just getting my hopes up, and if I am it sucks because poor hubby probably is too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momforever View Post
My best advice is next time you wake up at 5:00 to pee, DON'T test. Go pee, then go back to bed (don't eat or drink anything), then an hour or two later pee in a cup and dip the test. The urine will be more concentrated and IMO will give you a darker line. I say go with a first response or answer (I also like the purple cap pink +/- equate tests if you have a walmart nearby). Best wishes!
It would probably help, for sure! I mean, Amos and I did not sleep. At all. It was the most miserable, blistering hot, too excited to sleep kind of night I've had in a long time. So, I guess perhaps the pee I used wasn't really first morning pee, seeing as I had slept maybe a half hour at the most last night.

The clear blue tests are notorious for their false positives, but then again, there was that pink dye test I had yesterday that was oh so faint, but still there.
September 7th, 2010, 07:52 AM
If you believe you have already ovulated, then I agree with momforever about getting an equate test with the +/-. They aren't expensive at all, and I personally hate FRER with passion, I have never ever been able to get a positive from that test, all other tests would say positive but that one for me. I could probably take one now and still get a negative. Also, wait until second morning urine, sometimes tests won't pick up FMU.
September 7th, 2010, 07:57 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellokitti420 View Post
If you believe you have already ovulated, then I agree with momforever about getting an equate test with the +/-. They aren't expensive at all, and I personally hate FRER with passion, I have never ever been able to get a positive from that test, all other tests would say positive but that one for me. I could probably take one now and still get a negative. Also, wait until second morning urine, sometimes tests won't pick up FMU.
BTW; You totally rock. =D Very quick with your responses, you are.

I'm pretty sure I ovulated, but I will most definitely try to keep things in perspective - After all, I want to be pregnant so there is a very high chance that I am just trying to convince myself that I am.

Things I have going for me: Week past period, Very slight lines on CB & Walgreens tests.

Things against me: I am very stressed, I'm a dog groomer and had to do 10 dogs on Wednesday(all by myself) and then had to close by myself yesterday and do the person who called in sicks dogs on top of my own. My best friend from highschool informed me that she has leukemia. I am one stressed girlie! Clear discharge. Possible placebo effect.

I think I will get one of those equate tests, I do need to do some errands after all.
September 7th, 2010, 08:12 AM
Regular
Since you are getting one, you should probably just get the 3-pack while you're at it

Can't wait to see if you have a little one in there! It's funny how excited I get about other people's BFP's!!
September 7th, 2010, 08:17 AM
Do you have any other symptoms, tender BB's, twingy cramps, tiredness, heartburn? Some websites say, you have to pee more, but I am going to disagree, I didn't hit that stage until I was at least 6 months. The twingy cramps are going to be something you have never ever felt, unless you have been pregnant before, but it feels like someone is pulling muscles in your uterus. That may not make sense now, but one day it will.
September 7th, 2010, 08:19 AM
Mommy to girls
I am just a lurker but I want to add that this could be a sign of a blighted ovum or tubal pregnancy. I would see the doctor right away.

Last edited by Girls4me; September 8th, 2010 at 05:59 PM.
September 7th, 2010, 11:26 AM
Veteran
Well, I went to wal-mart to buy an equate test, and while I did I thought I would show the pharmacist my tests. She all but called me psychotic, so, depressed, I put the equate tests back and didn't buy them. I totally feel stupid.

Maybe I am just late and was freaking out about this for no reason. I had my friend pee on a stick (she's most definitely not pregnant) and for sure, there's this REALLY REALLY REALLY almost nonexsistent line.

It probably is just stress, and yes, I'm really sad and heartbroken. I thought this was it, I thought I would be pregnant. I guess not. *sigh* Hubby said he really wanted a baby, but he's not ready to try yet, so, I guess I'll keep you guys updated. For now, this looks like a resounding no.

I will however keep you guys posted. If I haven't had my period by Friday I'll post and let you guys know what's going on.
September 7th, 2010, 12:34 PM
Regular
I applaud your ability to step away from pregnanct tests. That is almost unheard of for me (I seem to make it a sport)!

But I'm really confused about the pharmacist......why would she call you crazy, could she not see any lines? I think my own husband thought I was imagining a line, but that line is almost three and rotten as could be today! But I'm not sure that the pharmacist would necessarily be an expert on those things, ya know?

I'm sorry about all of this! Please update when you know something! Best wishes!
September 7th, 2010, 05:34 PM
Veteran
Hubby came home from work with seven dollar tree tests. We did two and both were negative. *le sigh* I've been crying and bawling and just feel like I want to throw something. I feel like I've been betrayed by my body and I feel like I failed my husband. I've been so down since those tests, all I want is a plate piled high with sashimi and philadelphia rolls, but it seems I'm even being denied those today.

Hubby and I talked and it looks like even though he's disappointed he still wants to stick with not trying. He said we can try once we finally pay a friend off, but not until then. I feel so heartbroken - He was so excited earlier, he seemed so ready when he thought I was pregnant, but now he's backing out again. I just want my period to come so I can forget all of this nonsense and just forget about babies. I am SO sick of thinking I'm pregnant only not to be.

I'm feeling hopeless, I know we're not tracking, I know we're not even really trying, but I feel as if I have been trying for the past few months only to be betrayed by my eyes and my emotions. All I want to do is cry and cry and cry. I don't want to move, I don't want to do anything this hurts so bad.

I thought this could be it, I thought this was it, and I was wrong, oh so wrong. Again.
September 7th, 2010, 07:09 PM
Regular
I know it must be excruitiating to wait at this point. Maybe you can pinpoint exactly when that friend will be paid off, so you can have a countdown of sorts. I know for me I would be a bit depressed if my dreams just kept being put off until a later date.

Hope tomorrow brings a BFP or AF
September 8th, 2010, 06:53 PM
Veteran
It is really excruciating. No AF today, nothing. Not even a hint of AF. It's as if she disappeared and is out for the count.

I have NEVER. EVER. EVER. been this late. I'm scheduling an appt. with my ob/gyn on Friday to see what the hell is going on. If I'm not pregnant now, fine, whatever, it sucks, but I would really like to know what is going on so I can get back on track with my cycle and maybe one day see that BFP.

But, right now, everything just feels hopeless and horrible. I keep waiting for my AF, but it's not coming, and so, I keep falsely hoping that it won't come, and so it won't. Either way I go I am stressing about it and holding it off. I'm getting so irritated! I keep wasting Pee sticks just on a feeling. I don't know. This seems ridiculous to me, to keep wanting something that I know won't happen.
September 8th, 2010, 08:07 PM
shanise.robertson's Avatar IAmOneWithSupremeReality
Send a message via MSN to shanise.robertson Send a message via Yahoo to shanise.robertson Send a message via Skype™ to shanise.robertson
well i can tell you right now that there is a dent on the equate cover right over the circle where the results would be and it cause a shadow that looks like a faint line to make sure its real just remove the cover and if its still there then its real if its not then its because of the little shadow it gives off i think they did this in order to make people buy more tests

Thank you ~Nicole~ for my beautiful siggy
(IF YOU WANT TO SEE GOD LAUGH TELL HIM YOUR PLANS)Make a pregnancy ticker

Tags
almost invisible line , am i pregnant , blue dye , faint line , false positive

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search