Could I be pregnant? PCOS + Metformin

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 3rd, 2011, 12:52 PM
Nightingale20's Avatar Veteran
I have PCOS and have been on metformin for a while to help regulate my periods, and so far it helped instead of 45 day cycles i now have 31 day cycles. But I'm now 2 days late, I'm having some cramping but not like normal (usually I get them when my husband tries to get me excited but so far no cramps these past few days). We did do the dirty when I ovulated so there is a high chance but the cramping is throwing me off, plus I'm having back pain.
My normal back pain is a throbbing pain when my period is about to be here but this pain feels like a pulled muscle and it's only in the morning. I have change in tastes I gag over everything and get really nauseated after eating. I'm more irritated than my normal PMS mood swings, I have to pee a lot and I'm constantly having a dry mouth. I have a dollar tree test on my dinning table but I don't know how long I should wait, I want to take it now but I'm scared to take it too early and get a false negative.

Has anyone had these symptoms before and found out they were pregnant? Or anyone have any ideas when I should test to get the best accurate result?
January 3rd, 2011, 01:13 PM
ldhopkins's Avatar Veteran
Your symptoms sound promising to me Don't be disappointed though if the dollar store test is either very light, or looks BFN. Even when I've had positive digital tests, the dollar store ones were barely positive. Good luck and KUP!

Lisa (27), wife to Jason (30), TTC #1

I am predicted March and GIRL

August 2010
December 2010
February 2012

January 3rd, 2011, 03:55 PM
MattieMay's Avatar Super Mommy
One of the family medicine docs I work with always warns her patients when she puts them on metformin that one of the side effects is pregnancy! Yes it's definitely possible and if your period is already late you have a good chance of having a positive pregnancy test by now. It does depend how many days it has been since you ovulated though.
January 3rd, 2011, 04:04 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Test!!!!!!!!!

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
January 4th, 2011, 07:23 AM
Nightingale20's Avatar Veteran
I tested this morning it was BFN not sure but maybe I didn't ovulate when I thought or maybe it's a false Negative. If I don't have my AF visit soon then maybe I'll test again.

Tags
pcos , pregnancy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search