Update !!! *pics added* *video added*

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 23rd, 2011, 06:20 PM
cavewoman's Avatar #2 due in June!
This is quick because of a few reasons..

1. I fell sick yesterday and I am like so tired and miserable right now, I feel awful
2. The stupid DVD from the u/s is being BEYOND difficult
3. My computer because of the stupid DVD is being BEYOND difficult for some reason?

So, there was a baby in there!!! YAY!! I feel a LOT of relief.. but a lil worried that it seemed smaller than 6 weeks 4/5 days or whatever I am based on LMP and O. We could barely see it, but it was there.. flickering little heartbeat. They tried to hear the hearbeat and got it like twice but it was soo small it was really hard to get it to be audible but you could definitely see it flickering away in there.

Ok.. back to fighting with DVD/computer to let me upload it and whatever.

Ok heres the video link!
YouTube - 6 weeks 5 days Ultrasound

WOO HOO!! got the video streaming on my computer finally and I *think* youtube is letting me upload it but its 10 min of video and its taking FOREVER.. so I did a few print screen images lol

Last edited by cavewoman; April 23rd, 2011 at 08:58 PM.
April 23rd, 2011, 06:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am glad you got to see the baby. Did they say you were measuring small? If they didn't I wouldn't worry about it. Kepp us posted. I hope you feel better soon!

April 23rd, 2011, 06:37 PM
It wasn't like a diagnostic ultrasound so they didn't do actual measurements.. and it was not a vaginal ultrasound so it being so small the guy didn't want to measure it basically is what he said.

The guy did however say from what he could see he didn't think I was more than 6 weeks like I had thought.

April 23rd, 2011, 06:50 PM
Super Mommy
That's exactly what mine was like. Abdominal us it's so much harder to see the baby and measurements can be off. It's just not as accurate. You saw a heartbeat and that is what matters. Congrats
April 23rd, 2011, 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by keybird View Post
That's exactly what mine was like. Abdominal us it's so much harder to see the baby and measurements can be off. It's just not as accurate. You saw a heartbeat and that is what matters. Congrats
Thank you I really needed to hear this! Its like I knew this, but was just... ugh not sure how to explain it! lol

April 23rd, 2011, 07:18 PM
Congrats! I ditto on the size measurements. Just one little micro space over on baby right now can alter by days or even weeks. H&H9m
April 23rd, 2011, 07:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yea for seeing and hearing the heartbeat! That's your little baby! Congrats and what a relief. Hope you are feeling better soon.
April 23rd, 2011, 07:26 PM
10x_A_Mommy's Avatar formerly mom_of_8
When I had an abdominal u/s at 6w2d they could see the sac but nothing else so they did a transvaginal. I wouldn't worry You saw the heartbeat and That's what counts!! Congrats!!
Tristan ~ lost 2/6/03 @ 20 weeks

April 23rd, 2011, 07:26 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
A vaginal ultrasound is superior this early. It's difficult to see things with an abdominal ultrasound until the end of the first trimester. I wouldn't worry about the size of the baby. The fact that you could see a baby and a heart beat is great! Congratulations!

April 23rd, 2011, 08:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
looks great to me! My 6 week ultrasound with the twins looked like that. 5w6d they just saw sacs. 6w6d they saw 2 sac with tiny blobs. I wouldn't fret. It looks great. I am so happy for you!
April 23rd, 2011, 08:08 PM
Mis-Bis
I agree. My doc always did a vaginal ultrasound that early and we never heard the heartbeat that early but we could definitely see it so I wouldn't worry about that either. I think everything is fine in there.
April 23rd, 2011, 08:11 PM
I could seriously watch this video all day <3

April 23rd, 2011, 08:12 PM
Mis-Bis
Wait until you get to see the little gummy bear start to wave it's arms and legs in the air like it just don't care. That is the coolest thing to see when they are still so darn tiny.
April 23rd, 2011, 08:29 PM
swtneka's Avatar Praying for a miracle
Yay on seeing a hb.....

Thanks bonnie for my siggie

April 23rd, 2011, 08:35 PM
luvHim's Avatar Expecting #6
Wow! I think it's fabulous that you even saw the little bean on tummy u/s this early!! And to see/hear the hb!! So happy for you, Bonnie. Keep us posted on this little beanie, k?

D~10 T~8 M~7 L~5 W~2

Angel #4
6wk6d February 11, 2012

April 23rd, 2011, 08:45 PM
aarafko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So So So Happy for you Bonnie! That's wonderful! I agree with the pp...with it being abdominal and not vaginal it's accuracy may be off. You say and heard a heart beat and that's the best! Can't wait to join you!

May 2013 February 2014 July 2014

April 23rd, 2011, 08:47 PM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
HI Baby!!! I'm SO happy that you got to see a heart beat!! My EDD always got changed after the u/s based on the measurements. It's normal because even if you know when you ovulated, you don't know when the bean implanted. I hope that you feel better soon!!!

=May '05 and '11

April 23rd, 2011, 08:51 PM
adding video in post 1!!

April 23rd, 2011, 09:09 PM
Grace's Avatar Seven is Heaven
Im so glad it went well, when I had my u/s I as 6 weeks 0 days and they started off with the abdominal u/s and she seen the baby and everything, I could see it to, she also said she could see the heart flickering, but I couldnt see it. Everything was much more clear when she did the vaginal u/s and thats when she measured the babys heart beat and all and thats when I could clearly see the heart beat too. This adominal ones this early make it hard to see anything. Anyways, you got a heart beat and thats the first big step, I am so excited for you. Grow little baby grow!!! Oh and measurments when done with the u/s that way can be off, besides he didnt actually take any measurements he was just taking an educated guess. Dont let it bother you girl.

7/2010 10/2010 05/2012
April 23rd, 2011, 09:23 PM
Israeljustice's Avatar I'm a yankee doodle dandy
Congrats! This was awesome..thanks for sharing it with us!! How amazing! It's hard not to watch..and NOT cry..it's so wonderful!! H&H9M!

~A wise old owl sat on an oak; The more he saw the less he spoke; The less he spoke the more he heard; Why aren't we like that wise old bird?”~

Tags
pregnancy , u/s , ultrasound , update

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search