To bring on AF?? (meds question) *read post 17 & 18 please*

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 4th, 2011, 12:07 PM
liltuckers21
it isn't something you want to take while pregnant however there have been women who took it while being pregnant and it didn't hurt them or the baby. That being said it is a possibility you are pregnant but there is also that they need to adjust the dosage of how much they are giving you. some may need to take more. I wish you luck!
May 4th, 2011, 12:08 PM
ccartanddesign's Avatar With Faith
Hi, each time i've had an IUI the dr. has started me on progesterone 4 days after the procedure plus I get a progesterone injection on the day of the procedure. And I'm trying to get pregnant! Now I wonder what I should be doing. I went to a RE 2 weeks ago and even he questioned the use of progesterone.
Me-38 DH-38. TTC #1 since August 2009
2/2011 - IUI + Femara + HCG trigger and Progesterone injection BFN
3/2011 - IUI + Femara + HCG trigger and Progesterone injection
4/2011 - not doing IUI - DH out of town
5/2011 - IUI with Femara and HCG trigger. In hospital due to infection from IUI.
Took a break from all meds this summer.
9/2011: - Start with new RE - testing begins.
10/2011: - Hysteroscopy - determine tubes are blocked.
10/2011 : - Laparoscopy - clip blocked tubes, determine right ovary is adhered to pelvic wall, cut adhesions
11/24/2011: IVF cycle #1 begins. Start stims.
12/2/2011: End stims. HCG trigger.
12/4/2011: Egg Retrieval. 9 eggs, only 1 embryo.
12/7/2011: Transfer.
12/20/2011: IVF #1 failed.
1/16/2012: IVF #2 first scan
"Humanly speaking, it is impossible. But with God everything is possible." Matt. 19:26
May 4th, 2011, 12:12 PM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccartanddesign View Post
Hi, each time i've had an IUI the dr. has started me on progesterone 4 days after the procedure plus I get a progesterone injection on the day of the procedure. And I'm trying to get pregnant! Now I wonder what I should be doing. I went to a RE 2 weeks ago and even he questioned the use of progesterone.
This is a perfectly normal protocol. Different dosages are used plus progesterone will not end a pregnancy. For the sake of your IUI, it'll actually help yours stick.
May 4th, 2011, 09:27 PM
cavewoman's Avatar our miracle is here!! <3
I'm taking 200mg nightly of progesterone and its made this bean a sticky thus far!

ask me about doTERRA essential oils!

May 4th, 2011, 10:12 PM
Super Mommy
My prometrium bottle says do not take if pregnant but I have to take it through the 1st trimester with all my pregnancies. So, no, provera shouldn't cause any harm to a baby. I think this happened to another lady a while back. She took provera but ended up being pregnant and everything was ok. I hope you get answers soon. By the way, I have taken provera before and it didn't work.

Tags
meds , no af , period

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search