On Birth Control Pills but possible Implantation Bleeding?

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 8th, 2011, 03:29 PM
Hello,

I'm new here. I found this site trying to research implantation bleeding and the possibility of getting pregnant using birth control pills properly. Unlike most of you here, I'm not trying to get pregnant, but I can only get the input I want from women who have been pregnant before. I was wondering if anyone can relate to what I'm experiencing and how things ended up. I apologize in advance for TMI

Yesterday morning I woke up at 7am because I really had to pee. That's somewhat unusual for me. I was shocked that there was dark brown blood when I wiped... I'm on the pill and therefore have an extremely regular cycle. I'm not expecting my period until next Tuesday(5/17). So that's 10 days early for my period. I have been on the pill for 4 years and although I have taken a pill late before - I'm usually always right on time and I haven't been more than 10 minutes late taking my pill in several months. I haven't had any other bleeding other than that little bit and it's been over 24 hours. Definitely not my period. I just can't see how my birth control could have failed - no antibiotics, always taken on time, I haven't been sick. The pills have always worked but that really seemed like implantation bleeding to me. I've never had any abnormal bleeding like this before. This is a first. No other symptoms other than maybe some mild cramps that I wouldn't have noticed if I wasn't thinking about it.

I would really appreciate any input. I know I have to wait and see if I get my period until I would know anything but, in the meantime, I would love to hear if anyone had similar symptoms. If it was nothing or if they were pregnant. I'm also curious how many of you have gotten pregnant while taking birth control pills properly.

Thanks!
May 8th, 2011, 08:51 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It could be break through bleeding.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
May 9th, 2011, 05:33 PM
I guess it could be. I kinda ruled that out because I've never had it the 3 years I've been on the pill and I read that only happens when you take the pill incorrectly. But I also read you can only get pregnant on the pill when taken incorrectly as well.

I also felt extremely tired by 3:30 today and the extremely nauseous. I could be tired because I didn't sleep well. I'm trying not to be too paranoid. Also, the cramping I mentioned. I described it as a heavy feeling to my boyfriend. When looking up pregnancy symptoms I found that other women described that same heavy feeling before they missed their period.
January 20th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Hey. I know it has been awhile since these posts but I just wants know how things went for you. I'm going through the exact same thing but my "bleeding" is on day 3 and exactly how you've described it. No nausea though. Hope you come back to this message board soon and I hope whatever happened worked out for the best!
January 20th, 2012, 03:18 PM
Hi SwedeyPie. I was/am not pregnant. I can only explain it as breakthrough bleeding. That was the only time that has ever happened in my life. Ever since then, though, my period has been different. It used to start on Tuesday every time. Now it starts on Wednesdays a lot. It's also a lot lighter. I have no idea what caused the change but it's definitely not pregnancy. I hope this could help with what's going on with you.
January 20th, 2012, 04:18 PM
strvnwritr's Avatar TTC #3 Since 2010
Thanks for the update, Heathy!

~ Thank you Alethia for my beautiful siggy!~
Married to Michael since 6/17/05, DS James 3/14/06 and DD Maya 6/2/08
8/31/07 ~ 7/19/11 ~ 9/20/11 ~ 1/24/13

Tags
birth control pills , bleeding , impantation , unplanned

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search