Is 8 days after sex too early to take a pregnancy test

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 24th, 2011, 03:19 AM
Regular
I had sex 8 days ago and im pretty sure i was ovulating, i had ovulation pains that morning and the day after it happened. The condom broke and alot of semen spilled in me. For the past few days i have been extremely naseaus with it coming in waves, getting worse every day.. i cant even stand up at times without running to the toilet about to throw up. My chest is swollen and extremely sore like bruises..my back is KILLING ME the middle of my back hurts soooo bad.. my face is breaking out in boils which i never get.. very tired.. i took a pregnancy test first response early result yesterday and its negative. I feel just like i did with the naseau etc as i did when i was about 9 weeks pregnant.. can i be pregnant and be getting negative tests.. is it too early to test? Someone on another message board said you cant get naseau and symptoms at like 8 days after sex.. it started like 6 days after sex.. i dont know.. im gonna go to the doctor in a few days and get a blood test. please help
May 24th, 2011, 04:07 AM
Veteran
i think 8 days after sex is a bit soon to be testing tbh..i would wait till at least 14 days or later if you can..it is possible to get symtoms..i hope you get the answer you want..good luck
May 24th, 2011, 04:27 AM
Papasgirl's Avatar Down Syndrome Pregnancy
I know they say it is too early to get symptoms, but believe me, we know otherwise around here. If you had sex the day you ovulated, chances are high that you are pregnant if, in fact, semen did get inside you. If that was 8 days ago, you would be somewhere around 7 - 8dpo (days past ovulation) making it too early to test. You should wait it out if you can, until you are either due for your period or late, BUT, we know all too well that it is possible to start testing at 10dpo and get a positive. With that being said, if it is negative, it won't mean you're not pregnant, only that it may have been too early to test. If you are up for the roller coaster ride, then wait another couple of days to test, but if you want accuracy, wait until you are late, or go get a blood draw. Best of luck to you

Baby Girl Anastasia is my Rainbow!! Diagnosed with T21...
We will journey together
May 24th, 2011, 07:47 AM
Israeljustice's Avatar I'm a yankee doodle dandy
Wait a couple more days and re-test with second morning urine (first morning urine is so yesterday and not hip anymore lol). 8dpo is pretty early but when your anxious, and nervous it's almost like you can't help but test! Good luck and KUP.

~A wise old owl sat on an oak; The more he saw the less he spoke; The less he spoke the more he heard; Why aren't we like that wise old bird?”~

May 24th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Regular
ok thanks... i took a new choice dollar test today with second urine and i could of sworn there was a very faint pink line so i took an answer early result test with the same urine i had in the cup to see what it would say and its completetly negative... i dont know if the new choice test was faulty or something.. is new choice more sensitive than answer early result? i know new choice is 25miu..i think i would trust the more expensive test more than the dollar one though.. im just gonna go to the doctor next week for a blood test if tests are still negative by then. i cant even hardly move my back hurts sooo bad and my chest hurts worse than bruises and stomach hurts. The condom had broke on sunday night around 1 in the morning so it would basically be monday..so today makes about 8 days.
May 24th, 2011, 10:28 AM
mommy2kenzie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You should wait at least a few more days before testing again... It's still rather early to get anything on a test.

siggy by Jaidynsmum
May 24th, 2011, 11:07 AM
Mom2twolittlemen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Mom2twolittlemen Send a message via MSN to Mom2twolittlemen
Lots of great advice already given.

I think it just depends on the test, and the sensitivities. I think some tests are just more sensitive than others... all I know is I truly stick to the pink dye's vs. the blues.

May 24th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Regular
yeah thanks.. i know.. i've taken blue dye's before in the past like clearblue and gotten dark positives only to get negatives on pink dye tests with the same urine..then get my period a few days later.
May 24th, 2011, 04:47 PM
Regular
sorry to keep asking so many questions..but i just went to pee and it felt like i was peeing but i wasn't yet and alot of clear creamy mucus discharge squirted out of me and when i peed there was a small glob of clearish whitish discharge in the toilet..is this an early symptom of pregnancy also? i haven't had sex since almost 9 days ago tonight.
May 24th, 2011, 07:19 PM
swtneka's Avatar Praying for a miracle
unfortunately that is not eps it can go either way. I have cervical mucus like that through out my cycle but i hope its a sign for u. gl on future tests

Thanks bonnie for my siggie

November 4th, 2013, 06:52 AM
KWhen I found out I was 7 weeks and 1 day pregnant my doctor told me my conception was september , 201 I found ou I was pregnant by gettong a positive test on september 10, 2013. Just 8 days after conception. So its possible to get a positive that early or I'm farther along then what my doctor says or he got the conception date wrong!!
November 5th, 2013, 01:18 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
I think it would most likely be too early to get a positive test. I have seen people get a bfp at 9dpo but I've never had one till 10 days so I think you most likely need at least a couple more days. I think your symptoms do sound like pregnancy symptoms, but since you were using a condom, they usually have some type of spermacide so that could reduce your chances. People get pregnant with condom failures all the time though. I'd just wait a couple more days to test.

The whitish cm could be a pregnancy sign but some gals get this before AF too so it's just hard to say. Keep us posted!

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
November 5th, 2013, 06:36 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
I think it's possible to get one that early, but personally, I would wait a few days. There's no point in wasting a test!

Good luck!
November 6th, 2013, 07:12 AM
Blue Eyes 409's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was never able to get a BFP before my AF was due some people can test early but others can't. I would wait a few days and test again. Good luck.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my new siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search