Brown spotting instead of a real period on Nuva Ring? Pregnant? TMI warning.

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 20th, 2011, 01:56 AM
First, I've gotten pregnant while on birth control in the past. (I was on the pill for a year when this happened.)

Now, I was supposed to take my NuvaRing out on July 5th, and accidently didn't until July 7th. Put it in two days late to have my one week out. (I prefer having a period monthly.)

I was three days late after this. But, I didn't get a real period. I had brown spotting on and off for three days. (More off than on.) It was very light pink at one point, but that was the most blood like it actually got. I figured maybe it was just because I took it out late. But, then it got a bit strange for me.

I noticed my boobs were a bit sore by the second day I was spotting, which I never get sore boobs before or during my period. I had light cramps, which is normal, so I didn't think anything of it.

Unfortunately, I can't tell you exactly when I ovulated or anything, because I didn't pay attention, since I wasn't attempting to get pregnant.

I also took a hpt on the third day of my spotting, which came up negative.

Now, I am a week and a half "late" (I put it in quotations because the spotting really wasn't a period, so I personally don't count it.), and I'm still cramping. My boobs began to get sore again, and the smell of a cigarette being smoked by my mother indoors made me a bit nauseous. I'm tired quite often. (I'd work two-three hour shifts at my new job, come home, and pass out. It exhausted me!) Slightly more emotional.

I have a doctor's appointment in the morning, but, last time I was there, she was quite rude to me. (I brought up concerns for my reproductive health, and the fact I'm nervous of the possibility of ovarian cancer since my mother had it. She told me I wasn't worth testing since I'm not actively trying to have a child.) So, we'll see if she takes me seriously and actually tests me.

I would really appreciate any input. Thank you! :]
July 20th, 2011, 03:27 AM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
I unfortunately don't have any advice to offer, sorry. I've never used the nuva ring... But I wanted to wish you good luck at your appointment! Hopefully you get the result you want. If your Dr is rude again, can you try to find a different one? You should be able to voice your concerns without the Dr. discrediting them. That's a little ridiculous! lol. Again, good luck and update when you can!

July 20th, 2011, 03:41 AM
If she's rude to me again, I'll definitely be searching for a new doctor. I've always been the type to give second chances, though, haha. I appreciate your reply, though! I'll update as soon as possible. Which will most likely be tomorrow, lol.

But, right now I'm having so much trouble sleeping. I can't get comfortable. I'm usually a stomach sleeper, and it's uncomfortable to do so right now. Feels like I'm squishing something, and I'm cramping a little bit.
July 21st, 2011, 05:16 PM
Alright. So, apparently both a urine and blood test came up negative. I'm honestly not convinced. I still feel really off. Not to mention, my first pregnancy, I didn't get a positive on either blood or urine until two/two and a half months in.
July 21st, 2011, 10:22 PM
Yeah. We'll see. I've decided to leave my birth control out for now, just to be on the safe side. If I miss another period, I'll test again. For now, healthy food, no cigarettes, and none of my medications.

I keep getting twinges, and cramps that sort of alternate sides. Blah!
July 24th, 2011, 01:44 PM
Well, here's an update, though no one seems to be replying, haha.

I started bleeding a bit yesterday. Just brown. At one point for maybe an hour it was dark browning with a hue of red in it. But, nothing really alarming. Stopped last night, and started back up today a little bit. I had a pad on, and it had maybe four little spots on it. Since then, absolutely nothing has reached a pad. Just when I wipe. And this is two weeks after I missed my period.
July 24th, 2011, 08:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to SilverRose Send a message via Yahoo to SilverRose
Good luck!

Thank you, Jaidynsmum for my beautiful signature.

July 25th, 2011, 03:22 PM
Well. My bleeding is barely happening now.

Yesterday I felt terrible! I felt so bloated that it seemed as if you stuck me with a pin, I'd pop! Lol.

I was able to smell my mother's wine from across the room, and was so easily irritated. I avoided talking to people, for fear of snapping at them and such.

What the hell is going on?! Lol.
July 25th, 2011, 10:15 PM
MauMama's Avatar formerly La_Sirena
It sounds like you're getting symptoms from progesterone. I hate that heightened smell, drives me nuts! I don't think you could get that much of a wacky cycle from removing the ring 2 days late, but I haven't ever used it, so I'm not too sure.

If you've had a neg blood test, I'd be more apt to believe it as it tests as low as 5iug of HCG.

Have you ever had trouble with your cycles before or have had endo? I think the bloating is obviously a symptom of something, so it's either bowel related or possibly cyst related.

Jen + Matt
Parents to Sophie, the Wondergirl
Asperger's Syndrome
Joint Hypermobility
GERD & Constipation
Anxiety

Angels Autum & Isla (2007)
+ 7 others (2002 - 2011)

Mama with arthritis & connective tissue disorder called TRaPS
I've been charting since Jan 16, 2001 and TTA since April 2007.
July 25th, 2011, 10:52 PM
I don't think I'd get that much of a wacky cycle because of taking the ring out two days late, either. It's really confusing. I've never had this issue on my NuvaRing before, so that's why I'm as confused as I am.

But, my doctor told me one ring can actually be used for up to five weeks, instead of three. So, there's really no reason my cycle should've gotten messed up, let alone my being two weeks late. Because once you stop receiving the hormones, it triggers a period.

When I was bloated and cramping yesterday, I was expecting for the spotting/light bleeding to pick up into my normal period. But, alas, it was never anything more than a light brown color. And now I'm not bleeding/spotting at all, and I have some mild cramps. This lasted two and a half days.

I know it isn't bowel related, and I have no clue if I've got any cysts. I need to find a gynecologist that will actually take my concerns seriously. I'm only eighteen, so, I can understand why most wouldn't. But, my mother had ovarian cancer, but it didn't show up until her late thirties.

And I've never had endo, either. This is the first time, besides my first pregnancy, that my cycle got this messed up. And as I think I mentioned, that took two/two and a half months to get a positive result; even on the blood test!
July 27th, 2011, 04:44 PM
So, this may sound strange, and I'm warning you guys now for TMI. Lol.

I had an orgasm last night, and afterward, because of the spasms, I got some cramps. Like, I felt a pressure on my uterus and such. What the hell? I've never felt that before, lol.

Have any of you experienced this?
July 27th, 2011, 07:20 PM
MauMama's Avatar formerly La_Sirena
I think, depending on how you orgasm, there can be quite a lot of muscular waves in the uterus afterwards. It's your cervix's way of making sure those sperm get sucked up in there.

Our uterus(es?) are always moving, sort of like in a wave like pattern. They're muscles like all others and move constantly. It's only when they get strong patterns that we notice them as cramps or contractions.

I've certainly had cramps after sex and put it down to an active or irritable cervix because things got a bit 'deep' or 'rough'.

Jen + Matt
Parents to Sophie, the Wondergirl
Asperger's Syndrome
Joint Hypermobility
GERD & Constipation
Anxiety

Angels Autum & Isla (2007)
+ 7 others (2002 - 2011)

Mama with arthritis & connective tissue disorder called TRaPS
I've been charting since Jan 16, 2001 and TTA since April 2007.
July 28th, 2011, 12:08 PM
Yeah. Uteruses are funny things.

I just found it strange because I was just masturbating. I didn't have sex or anything since my boyfriend is now back home.
July 28th, 2011, 12:17 PM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
lol

July 28th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to SilverRose Send a message via Yahoo to SilverRose
lol

Thank you, Jaidynsmum for my beautiful signature.

July 30th, 2011, 11:37 PM
Well, I'm testing in the morning, ladies.

Boy, am I nervous, lol.
July 31st, 2011, 12:43 AM
good luck love seeing daily updates on here. keep em' coming!
July 31st, 2011, 10:15 PM
Well, my test this morning said negative, but, I'm still feeling bloated with sore boobs. |: I don't get it, haha.

My boyfriend doesn't believe the pregnancy test, so he's not going to believe I'm not until I either get my next period or don't.
August 1st, 2011, 03:57 PM
Mom to one... For now!
Okay, well since it was negative, wait a couple of days and if AF hasnt come or symptoms do not subside, test again! Keep us updated!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search