So confused...

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 11th, 2011, 05:55 PM
Hello!

I'm 24 years old and in a bit of a pickle, not presently pregnant (2 neg hpt) but not presently NOT pregnant (47 days since LMP). I have no one to talk to about my situation (except my ever-so-sweet boyfriend who isn't much help in the possible mommy department!) because of the fact that we don't want to tell anyone about something that is....or isn't.... until we know ourselves.

Just worrying a bit about it all, I guess. I haven't gone to see a Dr. for a blood test and not sure when I should (I'm not for certain #1 if I even ovulated, #2 how long my cycles are, but do know I have never gone this long without a period). Also, IF my cycles are typical and my GUESS at my ovulation is correct, we had unprotected sex only a few days beforehand.

At present, I haven't been feeling any recurring typical symptoms, for period or pregnancy. No bloating, no spotting... I remember having cramps a couple weeks ago for maybe a day but I thought nothing of it because I expected my period to come. I took a hpt last week that was neg but I didn't put any thought into my being late because I hadn't yet thought back to the actual LMP until Sunday 8-7-11 when discussing the matter with a friend. Then on Tues, after wondering if maybe I am pregnant I told my boyfriend to be prepared, and took a test first thing Wed morning with another neg result.

I don't think stress is the problem because I was already 43 days since LMP before I even noticed the situation.

I have noticed I've suddenly been having to pee alot and I felt extremely fatigued today, but I'm sure the symptoms I've looked up are imbedded into my brain and now my body is trying to act them out.

I guess I just don't know what to do next? Wait another week to take a HPT? See a doctor? (I don't have a primary physician in my town yet, so can I go somewhere else? I do have insurance though.)

I feel like I have a million questions and I can't ask any mommies in my group of friends because, well, we don't want anyone to know yet!

Anyone else been this late with negative hpt results and still end up pregnant? Or am I just crazy?
August 11th, 2011, 06:52 PM
Veteran
I have heard of women not being able to get a positive on a HPT no matter what and they have had to go to the Doc to get a blood test. I would go to the Doc and maybe they could help get your cycles stright if you are not PG!
August 11th, 2011, 07:34 PM
Thanks! I'll set up an appt if my period doesnt start soon...
August 12th, 2011, 03:11 AM
The first time I got pregnant, I was about two and a half months along before I got a positive test of any sort. Even a blood test. I did end up being pregnant indeed.

If your tests at your doctor come up negative, and your period doesn't show, I'd request an ultrasound, just to confirm. :]

Tags
late period , negative hpt , no symptoms , pregnant?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search