Could I be preggo, and when should I test?

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 7th, 2011, 05:21 AM
Hi, everyone! Warning!

I was due for my period two days ago, and instead of AF showing up full-force, I got moderate cramps... And spotting. It was pink alternating with brown, and was on-and-off for the past two days. I woke up this morning expecting my period again (Optimism is both a blessing and a curse, lol!), but nothing. My cycle is like clockwork, and I NEVER spot, so I'm worried about that.

I also didn't really PMS this month, and usually I turn into a complete b**** for a week. Instead I've been feeling happy and cuddly, just wanting to curl up in a little ball of comfiness and sleep. Not normal for me AT ALL during this time in my cycle.

I'm eating more, sleeping more, have been getting slightly nauseated off-and-on, and my boyfriend says he can 'feel' that I'm pregnant.

So now it's two days after my expected period, and the spotting seems to have stopped, though I'm still cramping on and off. My first instinct is to run out and get a test, but I'm not sure if it would be too early for anything to show up?

Thanks in advance for any advice!
November 7th, 2011, 05:28 AM
strvnwritr's Avatar TTC #3 Since 2010
If your period is two days late, you should be able to get a positive on a test now. If you ovulated late, however, and the spotting was implantation spotting, it *could* take another day or two to get a positive. That being said, a lot of pregnant women also experience spotting around the time of what would be their period.

So I would say test now. If you don't get a positive today, test again in another day or two.

Good luck!

~ Thank you Alethia for my beautiful siggy!~
Married to Michael since 6/17/05, DS James 3/14/06 and DD Maya 6/2/08
8/31/07 ~ 7/19/11 ~ 9/20/11 ~ 1/24/13
November 7th, 2011, 05:46 AM
Thanks so much! Question: I was looking it up, and everything said that the $1 tests from the Dollar Tree are just as sensitive as the more expensive ones. Is that true? Or should I spring for a FRER?
November 7th, 2011, 06:05 AM
Since your period is late, you'd probably be fine using a $ store test. A lot of the ladies on here prefer FRER and Answer tests (made by the same company and Answers are usually a couple of bucks cheaper). BUT--many of us test way before our period is due so it's worth it to us to invest in the more expensive test. In your case, I'd say go ahead and use the $ store test.

Be sure to let us know how it turns out!

November 7th, 2011, 06:59 PM
Got three $ store tests, and took two: BFN on both! I'm still having light spotting/minor cramps, and keep feeling really tired and sleepy for no apparent reason. I'm going to wait to see if I get AF in the next couple days, and I'll retest if I don't!
November 7th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Mom to Madeline
Good luck...retest in the morning!
November 8th, 2011, 04:33 AM
Woke up and tested right away this morning... Still a BFN! But I'm also nauseous, still spotting, and think I might be getting a headache already this morning.

Debating whether I should invest in a FRER, or a store-brand early result... I'm not sure how many DPO I am.
November 8th, 2011, 06:04 AM
Ugh, BFNs are so frustrating, I'm sorry. Honestly, if you're spotting, I would wait and see what happens with that before investing in a FRER. Just in case it's the beginning of AF, you don't want to waste your money. However, you have been spotting for a while now, right? So it kind of seems like AF should be making her appearance any time now if she's going to. I guess I would give it a day or two and go out and buy the FRER.

Good luck!

November 8th, 2011, 06:41 AM
fromGirltoMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
BFNs are so frustrating!! I definitely agree with waiting it out, I hope either af comes like she is supposed to or you get your BFP!! Keep us updated sweetie!!

What are you hoping for?
(( 01*21*14 ))

Thy will be done through me for the highest good of all and for the true manifestation of my purpose.

in this time and in the place, I try to live with love and grace
November 8th, 2011, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fromGirltoMommy View Post
BFNs are so frustrating!! I definitely agree with waiting it out, I hope either af comes like she is supposed to or you get your BFP!! Keep us updated sweetie!!

What are you hoping for?

Well... It'd be a completely unplanned pregnancy, my boyfriend and I are both young (around 20), and neither of us expected to have a baby at this point in our lives.

But there's still this little part of me that is holding my breath for a positive, lol!

So either way, I'll be happy!

Tags
not pregnant , pregnant , spotting , test

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search