Advice... input... help? Showing some signs, yet might be too early to tell.

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 8th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Hello,
I'm 24yrs and am dating a guy and have been for little over a month now. A couple weeks of hanging out non stop we started having sex... a lot. (and no we don't use protection and he pulls out (and yes I know it doesn't always work... but what can I say... I can be stupid)) Please don't make judgements at me, I'm usually not so quick to get in the bed (the ex I almost married I made wait for a year) but the chemistry is just too intense. We started having sex right after AF and I wasn't too worried about anything until about 6 days before my period was due; I got sharp intense pains in my left ovaries (last thursday it's now tuesday.). I thought it was odd but sort of just figured it was late ovulation (I tend to ovulate closer to the last day of my period.)

I started having vivid intense dreams the night after that happened. I'd wake up drenched in sweat and would wake up frequently. That lasted for about 3 days. I was so tired after coming home from work (I go to work at 5am and get off around 12p to 1pm) and take naps that would last up to 5-6 hrs. I never take naps.

I was feeling ill to my stomach as well during those few days, but I have GERD (Gastroesophageal reflux disease) and assumed it had to do with that.

I've also been so extremely gassy for about a week now

Last night as I was attempting to go to sleep (and failing) I started getting that odd feeling in my left ovary again and got sharp pains in my boobs (those have been itchy for about 7 days now) and then again this morning on my way to work as well as a feeling as if someone poked my belly button.

Today is the 28th day from day one of my last period and now I'm starting to worry (a little) as AF hasn't arrived yet... but perhaps she might just be late due to working around new females.

So long rambled story short, I think it is a slight possibility and any thoughts to help sort mine out would be appreciated.
November 8th, 2011, 02:06 PM
Also,
I'm not trying to get pregnant. It wouldn't be the end of the world if I was, just not ideal right now.
Regardless, I want kids one day a while from now and IF I end up pregnant before I'm ready.... I'd cry a lot. Then I'd get over myself and deal with it and love it regardless.
November 8th, 2011, 02:26 PM
Mom to Madeline
Those are symptoms, but it could be PMS, too. Can you test? I would first thing in the morning. I hope everything works out for you.
November 8th, 2011, 02:29 PM
sweet.hun's Avatar We're Complete <3
Since you are late I would go ahead and test.

Always missing my 4 angels. 2/9/06, 3/12/11, 5/22/12, 11/27/14
November 8th, 2011, 06:01 PM
jmichelle77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jmichelle77
I say test in the morning too. Good luck. I hope you get the answer you are hoping for.

November 8th, 2011, 06:38 PM
strvnwritr's Avatar TTC #3 Since 2010
Those are definitely potential symptoms. As the other ladies said, I would take a test. Good luck!

~ Thank you Alethia for my beautiful siggy!~
Married to Michael since 6/17/05, DS James 3/14/06 and DD Maya 6/2/08
8/31/07 ~ 7/19/11 ~ 9/20/11 ~ 1/24/13
November 9th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Thanks for the input and suggestions guys. I will take a test here in a few days, I'm waiting to see if AF is going to arrive in the next few days and if not.... then I'll test away.

Nothing really new came up today, just some moods at work... Nothing out of the ordinary with my usual pms symptoms though.
November 9th, 2011, 03:14 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Me and my husband (then boyfriend) used the pull out method and we now have a beautiful healthy 11month old little boy! Soo....I wouldn't rely on the pull out method lol. Your symptoms sound like you could possibly be but also do sound like PMS. Only way to find out for sure is to take a test Good luck and hope everything works for you

November 9th, 2011, 03:52 PM
yeaaah I know. I just hate the hassle of condoms and the awkward moment of putting them on (I never take my chances with stds. I make sure my partner is clean. always.) and birth control makes me nervous. I've heard horror stories with hormones and seen it make girls turn completely crazy. I have my own issues controlling the crazy around my time of the month, I don't want it 24/7.

I guess I just have the mentality of 'if its meant to be, its going to be.' I don't trust the method 100 % .... but I just can't keep my hands to my self around this guy. :X
November 9th, 2011, 08:30 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by baristacosmo View Post
yeaaah I know. I just hate the hassle of condoms and the awkward moment of putting them on (I never take my chances with stds. I make sure my partner is clean. always.) and birth control makes me nervous. I've heard horror stories with hormones and seen it make girls turn completely crazy. I have my own issues controlling the crazy around my time of the month, I don't want it 24/7.

I guess I just have the mentality of 'if its meant to be, its going to be.' I don't trust the method 100 % .... but I just can't keep my hands to my self around this guy. :X
Thats how my husband is, if its meant to be it'll happen. Lol, which I guess makes since. I know what ya mean, I've always hated condoms and I hate the idea of bc, I had the IUD but it made me feel like I was pregnant, bloated all the time and gained back the 30lbs I lost after having my son plus some!!! I got rid of that thing!. I loved it because I didn't have to worry about taking a pill or anything but the side effects I had from it I hated.

November 9th, 2011, 09:43 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to roziecakes
I can understand the sentiment. DH and I have never been able to keep our hands off each other since day 1. So I completely understand. I'm sorry that you're going through a confusing time. Good luck with your test!

November 10th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Good news, I suppose. AF came today... I can't say I wasn't a tad bummed though... these past 3 or 4 days of thinking it might actually be a possibility has me re-evaluating my goals in the near future.

But oh well. There is a reason it hasn't happened and I really can't afford a child right now. Thanks to everyone who helped sort my thoughts.

Good luck to everyone and maybe one day you'll see me on here again when the timing is right with God.
November 10th, 2011, 02:37 PM
that_girl's Avatar Veteran
I was on birth control pills for years (seasonique) and it almost ruined my marriage. It totally KILLED my sex drive. Poor DH thought I didn't love him anymore. I just didn't want to have sex at all ever. It was like a chore, like doing the dishes or vacuuming. Within a month or two of coming off of it, I got my sex drive back and now things are great. As far as condoms being a "hassle" and "awkward" I totally hear you. Its a total mood killer to have to stop right in the middle of what your doing to put them on.

However, with my daughter I became a mom way before I was prepared (Of course at the time I thought I was totally prepared and knew everything...LOL) and by a guy who said he would be there for us and then promptly ditched me. I can tell you from experience that the hassles (paternity cases, having no money, having to find jobs that would work around my daycare schedule) and the awkwardness of being a single mom, trying to date, having your kid knocking on your door crying while trying to get intimate with your boyfriend, rude and judgmental glances because you don't have a wedding ring, ect. are much greater than the hassles and awkwardness of putting a condom on. Just be safe!!

Maybe if you don't want to use any BC you could use ovulation tests in conjunction with the pull-out method. Its not fool proof, but at least you'll know when you're most fertile. I get mine at the dollar store and they work great. Its just another option for you.

Tags
am i pregnant , not trying , symptoms.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search