OPK as HPT experiment **MONDAY!**

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 1st, 2011, 09:02 PM
Sweetpea79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi ladies... I haven't been around in a while as I am waiting for our IVF cycle which will be as soon as AF shows (still praying she doesn't) but since this is our last "natural" cycle I decided to have some fun (or torture lol) and curve the POAS addiction. I am trying the OPK as HPT deal. Of course I know any and everything about that but just wanted to see for fun. Anyways thought I would share the results for my fellow POAS addicts. I am testing with just OPKs now (8dpo) til I am late which will be about 16dpo. I have read that you can get a "darkening line progression" with OPKs if you are pregnant, so that's what I am going to test out and see so here we go! And today's is pretty close to + and yes I am certain I Oed on Nov 23 which was my birthday
Thanks for looking! And advising

I took them out to arrange progression better much easier and less pic heavy

FRIDAY 9dpo each one is somewhat darker than yesterday...still not positive though - results are also kinda interesting and make you scratch your head...and i am afraid they encourage the POAS HPT urge lol

SATURDAY ok here it is, I have NO clue what to think, unless its like they say a semi-LH surge at the end of the cycle. 10dpo today to my LPs are about 15-16 days. I have nice high temps too HIGH CP, Boobs hurt like chest pain when you need to burp lol ... ok ok so here is SATURDAYS ... input comments WELCOMED

SUNDAY
perhaps the experiment was a bit more torture than i was ready for lol so here are todays results FMU slightly darker than yesterdays as well as noon being just a hair darker...but no where near what they were and then the final one of the day is bleh ... so i dunno what to make of it... i just know i am POAS and i am happy not ready for the hpt yet...12dpo tomorrow more OPKs

MONDAY ok so here we go AGAIN this afternoons (NOON) is durn near there to + I have been posting these on countdown to pregnancy and got a lot of response that the same conclusions lead to BFPs for several girls however I am still not ready for the HPT maybe 14dpo

Last edited by Sweetpea79; December 5th, 2011 at 05:53 PM.
December 1st, 2011, 09:20 PM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
Oh I'm excited to see this progress!

December 1st, 2011, 09:25 PM
yay cool! hehe I have read a lot about it... and know it's NOT reliable but POAS sure is fun and there's no real disappointment LOL with OPKs especially if you know NOT to use their results to indicate pregnancy
December 1st, 2011, 09:35 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Ooh, I will definitely be stalking you and following the progress!

Also, feel free to join us over on the TTC w/ Medical Assistance board. We have lots of BTDT IVFers as well as a small group of girls who have Dec/Jan/Feb IVF and FET cycles that we are getting ready for. I hope you get your Christmas BFP and don't need to join us at all though

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

December 1st, 2011, 09:55 PM
Oh sweet I will have to come on' over there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMH View Post
Ooh, I will definitely be stalking you and following the progress!

Also, feel free to join us over on the TTC w/ Medical Assistance board. We have lots of BTDT IVFers as well as a small group of girls who have Dec/Jan/Feb IVF and FET cycles that we are getting ready for. I hope you get your Christmas BFP and don't need to join us at all though
December 1st, 2011, 10:43 PM
Regular
How interesting!! Now I am going to stay tuned in to this thread!!! I have had 4 positive opks so far, but I am not sure when I ovulated.. Last time I had this many positive ops's I was pregnant!!
December 2nd, 2011, 05:54 AM
strvnwritr's Avatar TTC #3 Since 2010
Thanks for sharing this experiment! Maybe this will give me something to do in the days leading up to testing.

~ Thank you Alethia for my beautiful siggy!~
Married to Michael since 6/17/05, DS James 3/14/06 and DD Maya 6/2/08
8/31/07 ~ 7/19/11 ~ 9/20/11 ~ 1/24/13
December 2nd, 2011, 06:39 AM
aarafko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh, definitely following this thread, love to see the progressions. Hopefully it leads to your BFP!

May 2013 February 2014 July 2014

December 2nd, 2011, 09:49 AM
will update with a little sneak peak of this mornings... haven't done noon & pm yet obviously but this mornings results are interesting... getting darker (notice I say interesting... not hopeful lol)
December 2nd, 2011, 11:29 AM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
Oh that is interesting!!

December 2nd, 2011, 01:31 PM
Londons Butterfly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Londons Butterfly Send a message via Yahoo to Londons Butterfly
At 16dpo I got a super super dark OPK (I knew I was pregnant already). I've never had a completely positive OPK before until now.

I'd like to see the progression.

Scarlett Diane

December 2nd, 2011, 07:21 PM
added todays to first post
December 2nd, 2011, 07:27 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh wow, will def be stalking you! They seem to be gettin way darker!

December 2nd, 2011, 07:41 PM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
When i was pregnant with DS, i used OPK's up until AF was due, becuase i was confused on a cycle, had lots of EWCM after what i thought was already ovulation, and started taking more OPK's to see if i maybe had not in fact o'd yet.

The tests were blaring positive from about 2DPO- 14 DPO.

At 2dpo, i was convinced that i hadnt o'd yet, but kept taking the tests and they never got lighter, even though around cd13, they went positive, and then went negative again on CD14.
I also didnt get a positive HPT until 14-15 DPO, even though my OPKs were blaring positive.

Its very weird how the body works.

good luck!
December 2nd, 2011, 08:29 PM
I would love for that to be my outcome LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream2bemommy22 View Post
When i was pregnant with DS, i used OPK's up until AF was due, becuase i was confused on a cycle, had lots of EWCM after what i thought was already ovulation, and started taking more OPK's to see if i maybe had not in fact o'd yet.

The tests were blaring positive from about 2DPO- 14 DPO.

At 2dpo, i was convinced that i hadnt o'd yet, but kept taking the tests and they never got lighter, even though around cd13, they went positive, and then went negative again on CD14.
I also didnt get a positive HPT until 14-15 DPO, even though my OPKs were blaring positive.

Its very weird how the body works.

good luck!
December 3rd, 2011, 09:26 AM
swtneka's Avatar Praying for a miracle
This is very interesting.... I might do this as well! I'm wondering how this morning test look

Thanks bonnie for my siggie

December 3rd, 2011, 09:40 AM
TTC # 5
Interesting....so OPK after ovulation should have no line?

Thank you Leanne78 for my beautiful siggy!
December 3rd, 2011, 09:42 AM
1fabulousfem's Avatar Mommy to Finn + 1!
Test! Hehehe!

December 3rd, 2011, 11:52 AM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajones24 View Post
Interesting....so OPK after ovulation should have no line?

Mine went Line for ovulating, negative the next day, and then i didnt test for a day or two, and then when i tested again it was blaring positive, the test line was twice as dark as the control line, and that lasted until i was due for af, but i never got a postive HPT until 14DPO, and even then it was so so so light i almost missed it.
December 3rd, 2011, 12:10 PM
oh that is so encouraging!!!! mine still aren't what you would call a true + yet... so far today have done FMU and noons will post todays pictures soon... however they look along the same lines in color or maybe a hair lighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream2bemommy22 View Post
Mine went Line for ovulating, negative the next day, and then i didnt test for a day or two, and then when i tested again it was blaring positive, the test line was twice as dark as the control line, and that lasted until i was due for af, but i never got a postive HPT until 14DPO, and even then it was so so so light i almost missed it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search