Very confused, I need opinions..

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 25th, 2012, 04:43 PM
Hi there everyone I'm new to this and I thought it would be easier for me to ask for help on here some what anonymously than anything else at the moment. I'm 20 years old and I have been on 5 different types of birth control since I was 12 because of bad periods. At first the put me on a birth control pill with the 7 days at each of the last month to get my period. After a year I still was not regulated and I took the pills at the same time each night and never missed one. After that they just put me on Depo shot and I was 17 and I had a miscarriage with that. So after the shot I got put on seasonale and thats what I've been on since I was 17. My periods got regulated for the most part but they were still very heavy but on with the story. Last June I had to have surgery because I had cysts on my ovaries and a tumor in my uterus and alot of scar tissue form a previous surgery. Anyways that doctor said I had little to no chance of ever concieving but my OBGYN said she didnt see a problem with me ever having kids so what I'm trying to get to is I stopped taking my birth control on January the 8th. I had unprotected sex that night and on the 10th, the 13th, 14th, 15th, 20th, 21st, and 22nd. Yes I am aware that that is a lot of unprotected sex. (I went off the pill because it was weakening the enamal in my teeth and I saw it was causing other things) Anyways I usually bleed heavily when I miss a pill or anything like that happens, on the 9th- 12th I bled a little not heavy and it was pink or it was brown and it would come for maybe an hour go away for a couple hours then come back then go away and so on for those 2-3 days and finally it went away and I havent bled since then. My boobs arent extremely sensitive but my nipples are sore (sorry TMI) and I feel bloated in my tummy area. I got scared and I took a pregnancy test on the 16th I believe but it showed negative and I feel like I took it too early and that I might be pregnant. I'm also tired alot and I've been really dizzy lately. I havent really been cramping but I got a little pain here and there where my uterus is and where my ovaries are... I've never kept up with me ovulating because I've always been really irregular so I'm clueless. Is it possible that I'm pregnant or could it just be because I stopped taking the pill. I'm really confused so any help would be appreciated.
Thank you.

P.S When the dr told me that I had little to no chance of ever conceiving it hit me hard so in a way I'm hopeful that I am pregnant and I just feel different but I don't want it to be wishful thinking so if anyone could tell me your opinions or your experiences I'm hoping it would help me alot.

Last edited by Kris1001; January 25th, 2012 at 04:59 PM. Reason: left things out
January 25th, 2012, 05:24 PM
sblades19's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's def a possibility that you could be pregnant. Wait a few days a d test again. Normally about ten to fourteen days after you have sex you should get an accurate result (since you're unsure of when you ovulated). And it cod be from coming off the pill. I know I stayed regular when I stopped but I also have regular text book cycles.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Ps. I got pregnant with my first when I was 20. I reccomend waiting. ;p

Special thank you to Graysmama for my awesome siggy!

January 25th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Thank you so much. Would you say that the bleeding I experience could have been implantation bleeding since I am usually very heavy bleeding?

I know it could be coming off the pill so I'm not getting my hopes up, but it just feels really different and my body isnt acting like it normally does so i'm really unsure.
January 25th, 2012, 07:21 PM
strvnwritr's Avatar TTC #3 Since 2010
If you stopped taking the pill on the 8th, bleeding on the 9th-12th would have been way too early for implantation bleeding. I think that bleeding was the result of you quitting the pill.

However, you could certainly have ovulated at some point since then and because you've had unprotected sex a number of times, you certainly could have gotten pregnant.

I agree with Sara that you should give it a few more days (think a week or so) and test again.

Good luck!

~ Thank you Alethia for my beautiful siggy!~
Married to Michael since 6/17/05, DS James 3/14/06 and DD Maya 6/2/08
8/31/07 ~ 7/19/11 ~ 9/20/11 ~ 1/24/13
January 25th, 2012, 08:04 PM
shanise.robertson's Avatar IAmOneWithSupremeReality
Send a message via MSN to shanise.robertson Send a message via Yahoo to shanise.robertson Send a message via Skype™ to shanise.robertson
its more then likely the birth control pill but just in case from the last time u had sex wait 14 days and then test that will be more then enough time

Thank you ~Nicole~ for my beautiful siggy
(IF YOU WANT TO SEE GOD LAUGH TELL HIM YOUR PLANS)Make a pregnancy ticker
January 25th, 2012, 09:00 PM
okay thank you all so much, ill keep you updated. and thanks for the friendly replies. its just so nervewrecking
February 1st, 2012, 05:21 PM
Its been more than 14 days since the first time I've had fully unprotected sex. Yesterday and the day before I had pink and at times brownish spotting would come a few hours and then go away. I'm not cramping at all. I feel like I am constantly wet down there and I still dont know what to take and I dont want to buy a HPT just yet because I keep thinking maybe I should wait another week or two just to see if I start bleeding heavily.

Do you guys think I should go ahead and test?
February 1st, 2012, 05:28 PM
sblades19's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would test. Peace if mine if anything! Good luck!

Special thank you to Graysmama for my awesome siggy!

February 1st, 2012, 05:34 PM
I agree. Thank you.

Tags
am i pregnant , birth control pill , pregnancy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search