Confused

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 14th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Hi there!

I'm new to this, and I'm just looking for a little help
My husband and I haven't been necessarily "trying" to conceive, but after we got married in August, we decided to let fate take its course and if it was meant to be, then it would happen.
My last period was on January 8th, 2012, and I am right on with 28 days for my period. I was expecting my period around the 5th.
On February 2nd and 3rd I started to feel extremely nauseous in the afternoon, I had bad headaches, I felt bloated, moody and I was slightly dizzy. I assumed that it was either period symptoms (even though I always know its coming because of cramps like clockwork) or I was pregnant.I did a test on the 3rd (because my husbands birthday is on the 4th) and I thought, maybe if I was pregnant, I could surprise him. However, it was negative and I figured that I may have done the test to early, or I was indeed going to be expecting my period that weekend.
However, the weekend went by with no sign of my period and my symptoms increased with me feeling nauseous at the smell of different foods (and even the thought of some foods), the headaches have continued, back back pain and I have had clear discharge continuously.
I did 2 more tests, one on the 9th and the other on the 11th. I think I did the one on the 9th wrong, as I didn't use morning urine and drank a bunch of water beforehand (which I know can dilute it), so I waited to do the one on the 11th. I was 100% sure it was going to come back positive, as I even felt I was pregnant. However, yet again it came back negative and I did it the correct way (the way the First Response test told me too).
Now its the 14th, I'm continuing to have symptoms, along with slight cramping, gas, and a lot of random burping.
Nothing has been causing me stress lately, so I don't get how that could cause my period to be late.

I'm just a little confused and was hoping someone could shed a little light on this, as now I am getting frustrated and just want to know if I'm actually pregnant or I want my period to come.

**Side note** I was going thinking of going to the doctors if my period didn't come this week, but I feel like I don't want to waste anyone's time (including mine since its hard to get off work).

Thanks so much for listening!!
February 14th, 2012, 12:50 PM
.Katie.
You never know what's going on with our cycles. I would keep testing as long as AF isn't here. When I got pregnant with this little girl I was (what I thought was) 19 days past ovulation. Turns out I ovulated 11 days later than I usually do and so I tested negative for 10 days before getting a positive.

I broke all the rules of the waiting game Hang in there, your symptoms sound promising to me!
February 14th, 2012, 12:59 PM
anniemal's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to anniemal
The symptoms sound very much like a pregnancy. Maybe if you are, you just aren't far enough for a BFP

FX for you, keep us posted! here's hoping for a BFP for you!

Thanks .:Shortcake.: for my awesome siggy

February 14th, 2012, 01:07 PM
LaceyMay2630's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You know what, I've had these same things happen to me! My husband and I aren't necessarily trying either and for the last couple days I've been so sick and crampy. My period is a week and a half late, but every test I take is negative. I wish I could give you more answers, but it is nice to know that someone else is having these weird symptoms as well. But good luck to you! You'll have to let us know if you really are pregnant!!
February 14th, 2012, 05:21 PM
I appreciate the responses so much! Its nice to know there are others out there for the support
I will definitely keep you posted on what the outcome is!!

Tags
am i pregnant , missed period , negative test , pregnancy symptoms

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search