Okay everyone, so I need some help! I'm 16...Am I probably pregnant? please help!

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree49Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 28th, 2012, 12:20 PM
babygreenes.mommy
i'd definately test. you should be able to get a positive result the day after your period is due, if you are pregnant. good luck and keep us posted.
March 28th, 2012, 06:55 PM
Okay, I'll buy the tests as soon as I can get away and go get them!
btw, this evening I experienced some light brown spotting. very little, not when I wiped. No cramps..
March 28th, 2012, 07:51 PM
Hi, I don't have anything to say that everyone else hasn't already. Just wanted to agree with them lol and tell you everything will be alright. I know this isn't much help, just trying to encourage you
reneee188195 likes this.
March 29th, 2012, 12:42 AM
~ Nicole ~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know everyone has already said this but get birth control and be very careful for now on. You will be thankful when you are older and look back and thankful that you did not have a child so young. I hate to say it but chances are very slim that you will end up forever with your current boyfriend. And trust me it stinks having a child with someone you are not in a relationship with especially if you don't get along. You may think he will be supportive but don't be so sure. If he is young also the reality of a pregnancy is likely to leave him scared as heck and when immature guys can't handle being a father so young they often turn out being jerks or walking away. I had my first child at 18, father of baby was a jerk to me and drug me through custody court. You may also be surprised how your family will react. Even if they help you they will likely lecture you and try to tell you what to do and interfere heavly with raising your baby and the relationship with your boyfriend. It is beyond horrible being pregnant and having everyone else treat it like a problem, been there. You might also be surprised that people you think will be supportive may not be. My grandmother who I was always close to and I cannot recall a bad thing she has ever done to me was so rude to me when I was pregnant at 18 and pressured me non stop to have an abortion. Our relationship has never been the same again and I am not even close to her anymore. Also there will be people who will look down on your for getting pregnant so young and sometimes it will be people who you thought were your friends or who you thought would never think bad of you. Not to mention many people in society wll treat you differantly, sad but true. Now 10 years later and I still can't pay all my bills. Yes it is really that hard to become stable once you have a child so young. If you have a child now you will likely have to work a lot to pay for the baby and so hard also trying to go to school. So basically you will spend many years working minimum wage and never moving up because you have no time, energy, or resourses left for education after you have to work and take care of your child. This is the reality many of the time and although I love my children I wish I were better educated to be more careful when I was younger. Now I see my sister who waited until she was 30 and married, she can be a stay at home mom and buy her baby nice things, live with the father, and enjoy having a baby. I had to do everything on my own, work all the time while raising a baby and struggling with money and it was stressful with lots of tears. I really hope you will think about these things and also share with your friends. You will be thankful later trust me.
Loving6 and MIL2lissy8 like this.

Me(30) DS(8) DS(10)

Last edited by ~ Nicole ~; March 29th, 2012 at 01:01 AM.
March 29th, 2012, 04:45 AM
That story is crazy. I can't even imagine...you're so strong for going through all of that. Thank you so much for sharing! All of you guys are great!

I should be starting my period today..lets see what happens!
March 29th, 2012, 05:57 AM
anniemal's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to anniemal
Good luck! I've been thinking about you!

Thanks .:Shortcake.: for my awesome siggy

March 29th, 2012, 06:01 AM
Going to get tests from the dollar store right now! Going to get some looks..
March 29th, 2012, 06:54 AM
ninja_mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I still get looks. I'm 27 and we're trying! Good luck testing.

Oct '11 June '12
March 29th, 2012, 08:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Good luck!

Either way this turns out, you will be fine. I hate that people make it seem like you won't amount to anything if you have a baby young... It is not easy, but it doesn't end your life. I did it by myself at 17, my DS's father left me when I was 3 mths pregnant, and my mother had passed away when I was very young, so I didn't get a lot of support. Since, I also had a DD, and they are both happy and well adjusted. It took me a little longer, but I did get my BA & have a really good job.
anniemal and Mrs_lynn.c like this.

Thank you Katie (.:Shortcake:.) for my beautiful siggy!!

March 29th, 2012, 09:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't have anything else to add, just wanted to offer my support.

For now, don't focus on stories like Nicole's. She obviously had a bad experience but that doesn't mean you will and I would hate to have somebody be so discouraging to me at a time where I may very well need the support of those who have been in my shoes. If you are pregnant, just take it step by step and if you aren't, well, then you already know that you should get some protection to avoid this situation in the future.

Please KUP! I hope that the result is negative and you can rest your mind.

March 29th, 2012, 09:59 AM
Blcooper32's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck. All the ladies have said about all there is to say... having a baby young doesn't mean your life is over...and you can stay with the same guy from high school...my husband and I have been together since jr year. First guy I dated and the last. He was my first everything and I got pregnant sr year which ended in a miscarriage at 7 weeks but he has been with me through it all together.. good luck with your result and as the other ladies have said get some perfection ...
March 29th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Mrs_lynn.c's Avatar Expecting#5
Yeah i agree i got pregnant when i was 14 had my son and two other childen with his father.We did eventualy call it quits but that happens to grown people all the time.I do believe in my heart that my son was sent to save my life cause had i continued on the road i was on i dont think i would be here today.When my son was born my whole life changed for the better,it was hard not going to lie but i didnt let the stresses of life take away the happiness and love i had for my son.I enjoyed every moment with him and still do today.He is 16 getting ready to turn 17 and his baby will be born anyday now,im in shock but i know things happen.Im not throwing a shower or buying things but i will be here to help him raise his child with some loving advise.I wish you the best no matter what the results are.
March 29th, 2012, 02:05 PM
babygreenes.mommy
yeah, i certainly wouldn't focus on the bad experiences. they don't all end up like that. my older brother and his girlfriend got pregnant when they were 17, had the baby when they were 18...he now has 3 kids, and he is the one who takes care of them because the mother decided she didn't want to be a mother anymore. he still managed to go through college AFTER the 3rd was born while working, and while my mom was concerned when they got pregnant at 17, she never treated him horribly. she still supported him and those children are her life. she didn't raise them for him...he still had to be a parent and give up the extra stuff, but it's not like she let him fall on his a**, refusing to help at all. i agree it's not easy, but it can be done and people do it everyday.
March 29th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Thank you for all of the positive posts!
I bought two cheap 1$ test today at the dollar store.
Going to take one in the morning, on my first urine.
March 29th, 2012, 02:21 PM
~ Nicole ~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
By the way this is why I rarely post on forums anymore. Because instead of being able to tell my story and opinion and everyone just respect it and leave it to the OP how they feel after reading everyone's response there always has to be someone who instead of also just telling there story also has to say "dont listen to bleep" or "bleep is wrong". No one is right or wrong we all have our experiences and feeings and I believe my side of the story which is a common reality should also be something the OP thinks about. Not meant to be negative, discouraging or unsupportive but to hopefully let the OP realize that she and her future children deserve more than just settling. I was 16 once too and going back than I thought it would be all easy and no big deal which is why I had a child at 18 and 10 years later realize how wrong I was back than. I should be able to tell another very real side of what happens also without having people treat my posts as insignificant. I know things can work out and I am happy for those who have a good experience but my experience is important to and honestly much more common scenario. Too many young people are niave to the reality thinking everyone will be there and everything will be fine when it is really not that simple and easy. I see so many young people having babies treating it like it is fun and cool. No its not. Yes you can make it but what my post is trying to say is that it is much easier to reach your long term goals in life and be stable if you do it before having children.

Me(30) DS(8) DS(10)

Last edited by ~ Nicole ~; March 29th, 2012 at 03:19 PM.
March 29th, 2012, 03:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Good luck tomorrow morning....Life has a way of working itself out. Either way you need to be strong and do the right thing with whatever the results are. You can get a negative test and learn from it or a positive test and you will figure out how to keep going. It can be done. I had my oldest son at 18, which was young and I worked and worked until I finished school, then college, and he's quite the young man now. Although I grew up with him, we both learned together.

You will be okay no matter what!

Good luck!
March 29th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Loving6's Avatar Formerly Loving4
I have to agree with Nicole.What she said is most likely what will happen,I know it's a downer but it's reality.
MIL2lissy8 and mom2moose like this.

Mom to Dustin Jr, Jarren, Nathan, Alivia, Ava, & Ariea

March 29th, 2012, 04:31 PM
I completely understand. I didn't find you to be discouraging. I'm mature enough to realize that for most people, that IS reality. And very much could be for me too. And I really do appreciate you taking your time to tell me your story.

Thank you mama3o!

experienced some more light pink spotting, only when I wiped this time. very little. nervous to test in the morning..the pregnancy test I bought is really weird too...but it was the cheapest one. hope it's accurate.
March 29th, 2012, 04:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It should be....You can always do one tomorrow and one the next day....Or do both if you have to. Good luck...thoughts and prayers are with you.
March 29th, 2012, 05:28 PM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If your period is due today/tomorrow, you could even take it tonight, just to ease your mind and know, it would most likely be accurate, especially if you hold it for a little while before testing!

Good luck!

Tags
cramps , implantation , ovulation , spotting , teen

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search