Okay everyone, so I need some help! I'm 16...Am I probably pregnant? please help!

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree49Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 27th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Today is, March 27. I heard that ovulation time is about ten days after the last day of your cycle. The last day of my most recent cycle was March 7th. Ten days later (March, 17th) I did in fact have unprotected sex. I also read up that implantation bleeding occurs about 3-5 days after the unprotected sex. Four days after unprotected sex (March 21st) I experienced very light pinkish/brown spotting. And it was only for that day. About March 25th I started experiencing sore breasts, and still have them today. Every day I have cramps that feel like menstrual cramps but not NEAR as intense, and usually lasts for about thirty seconds or so. Usually I don't get cramps until the day before, or the day of my cycle. My period isn't due until about March 29, 30, or 31st. I feel like I'm making more stops to the bathroom, and that I'm kind of constipated. But I could just being paranoid, I don't know. Also, I had sex on March 24th, and bled just a little bit. Not much at all. Like a drop. I don't have anybody to talk to right now, seeing as how I'm only sixteen. So any advice or opinions on what you think is going on would be much appreciated, thank you so much!
March 27th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well first I would say to use protection if you are having sex this young.

Second without using an ovulation prediction kit, you can't be sure when you ovulated. I ovulate anywhere from day 11 to day 21 of my cycle.

My advice would be to take a pregnancy test if you think your pregnant. Since you had unprotected sex its a definate possibility. The dollar store carries them if you are looking for one thats cheap.

ANGEL BABY NEVER FORGOTTEN 9/15/07 4WEEKS 4DAYS

March 27th, 2012, 03:42 PM
I for sure am going to start, I was really dumb for not already doing so.

But okay! thanks! Do you know when I am suppose to take the pregnancy test?
March 27th, 2012, 04:14 PM
Grace's Avatar Seven is Heaven
I would wait another week or so and then take one. I am sure this is really scary for you, I hope it turns out just fine.

7/2010 10/2010 05/2012
March 27th, 2012, 04:19 PM
Please go see your local planned parent hood and get on some type of birthcontrol and they can indeed do a test there...... Be protected next time...gl
March 27th, 2012, 04:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Your not stupid, I've made that same mistake myself. I was actually very lucky in my early 20's if you know what I mean lol

I would wait till the day you are supposed to start your next cycle..if it doesn't come I would test.

Good luck, I can't imagine being your age and having to worry about a pregnancy.

If you are pregnant will your family support you?

ANGEL BABY NEVER FORGOTTEN 9/15/07 4WEEKS 4DAYS

March 27th, 2012, 04:24 PM
strvnwritr's Avatar TTC #3 Since 2010
Hi there! First of all, when was the FIRST day of your last period? Also, are you usually pretty regular? With a "regular" cycle, you will typically ovulate approximately 14 days after the start of your period (give or take). If you conceive, implantation doesn't take place until approximately a week after conception. So with the timing you describe, you may just be having an off cycle this month.

Good luck and keep us posted!

~ Thank you Alethia for my beautiful siggy!~
Married to Michael since 6/17/05, DS James 3/14/06 and DD Maya 6/2/08
8/31/07 ~ 7/19/11 ~ 9/20/11 ~ 1/24/13
March 27th, 2012, 04:31 PM
Yeah, it's pretty nerve wracking.
Yeah, my friend told me about a free clinic here, where they do std tests, pregnancy tests, birth control shots, and your yearly check up ALL free. Sounds pretty nice. She said it's clean, with nice people too. Just have to find a way of going without my parents finding out. Because if I'm not pregnant, my parents can not know that I'm having sex.

Thanks, for the help guys! Yes, I think in the long run after the whole shock factor my parents would be very supportive, I love them..I can't imagine them never not having my back. Boyfriend would be very supportive too.

strvnwritr- The first day of my last period was March 2nd. Yes, I am pretty regular. Give or take a few days. I will be sure to keep you posted! And the unprotected sex date I listed (march 17th) was just the day I figured was causing all of this. There have been multiple times this month. Thanks so much guys!
March 27th, 2012, 04:52 PM
tygrss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Okay, my friend.
Stop and breath.
(1) Wait to see if your period comes. Since you said that you're pretty regular if it doesn't come when you expect it then take a pregnancy test. You can either go to the clinic that you talked about or buy one from The Dollar Store or Dollar Tree. They work just fine.

(2) Assuming that you aren't pregnant, you need to get on some kind of birth control. I personally recommend that you start using condoms EVERY.SINGLE.TIME from now on. It doesn't matter how awesome your boyfriend may be, it's in your best interest. It's the best protection that you have from life and fertility-threatening STDs like gonorrhea, chlamydia and HIV, just to name a few. Not to mention, the birth control aspect of them. Please protect yourself because in the end, no one cares about you like YOU do.

Hoping for the best for you and good luck!

March 27th, 2012, 06:19 PM
Yeah, the wait is just SO CRAZY!
And, I definitely will be soooo much more careful now.

Thank you!
March 27th, 2012, 06:42 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
I'm curious, are you trying to get pregnant? You mentioned you have had unprotected intercourse several times over the month.
March 27th, 2012, 06:58 PM
No, definitely not trying.
Just wasn't preventing it like I should have been.
Using the famous 'pull out method'.
March 27th, 2012, 07:16 PM
Bekah's Avatar happy 2 be a girl mommy!
If he pulled out properly and in time it is not *likely* that you are pregnant, unless you had sex more than one time in a row and he didn't go to the bathroom between the two times. But that being said at 16 you should be using protection, When I became sexually active (at 16) I NEVER used protection, I was on the pill for a bit but my mom took me off it when she found out I was sexually active. Needless to say after that I went back to using nothing. I was stupid, luckily I didn't end up with a sticking pregnancy until I was 18. good luck and get some birth control.

March 27th, 2012, 07:25 PM
twoboys's Avatar photography co-host!!
Well, I think you have made a good decision by coming on here and asking for advice. You are still so young to be having a baby, and every baby is a blessing, however I agree with the other ladies.. Please go to a local planned parenthood and see about getting on birth control..

And just be careful, having unprotected sex.. (not to sound like your mom) You just never know, pregnancy can be the least of your worries

Take a test in a few days and please come back and let us know.. I really hope your okay and "safe".
March 28th, 2012, 03:45 AM
Yeah, well the thing is when I spend the night over there we end up having sex multiple times in a row. Like, have sex, three minute break, go again. No bathroom break. And I didn't know about the sperm in the precum thing until I just started reading up about all of this. Thanks all of you guys! And I will be sure to keep you posted!
March 28th, 2012, 07:32 AM
alleusion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Don't beat yourself up too badly. I got pregnant with my oldest when I was 17. Granted, I was a month from my 18th birthday and 2 weeks from graduating high school when I got pregnant, but I was still considered a "teen pregnancy". Mistakes happen. I won't even call it an accident with all the information out there these days.

You say your parents "can not know" that you're having sex. Why not? I'm eternally grateful that my daughter came to me, told me she was sexually active and needed help with birth control. I'd rather know what she's doing than have her try and hide it. Also, if you're spending the night over there, chances are your parents know what you're doing. Parents are people too, and definitely not stupid.

All that being said, ovulation in teens can occur at any point in your cycle, and some times more than once. That teen pregnancy I mentioned? I had unprotected sex the evening of the day that my period ended. I had no sex from that point on for a month or more. I was 2 weeks late before a pregnancy test came up positive. Your body is still easing into it's fertility and your cycle can be regular for awhile and then completely flip on you.

Since I'm a POAS addict, I say grab a handful of tests from the Dollar store and get to peeing.
Bekah, anniemal and Nikki18TTC like this.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for the gorgeous sig

March 28th, 2012, 07:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh sweety, you are definitely not stupid. We have all done something careless at some point in our lives. Wait until you pass the day your period is due to test & good luck!

You DO need to take care of you though
mom2moose likes this.

Thank you Katie (.:Shortcake:.) for my beautiful siggy!!

March 28th, 2012, 08:30 AM
Mrs_lynn.c's Avatar Expecting#5
I got pregnant with my son when i was 14 years old i was scared to death and in denial.I didnt tell my parents rite away and didnt go to the doctor either.I would say either way if your pregnant or not go to the doctor and get your self checked out and get a plan for protection.I know me personaly have never been able to use birthcontrol bacause of bleeding issues but i hope you can find something that works for you.Good luck and kup
~Tanya~ and Nikki18TTC like this.
March 28th, 2012, 08:58 AM
anniemal's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to anniemal
You are not stupid. More like misguided. First off you need to calm down and get things in order. You should go to the planned parenthood place definitely, because there they can help you make the decisions you are too overwhelmed to make right now.

I also agree about your parents. Because if you are pregnant, they will find out. They have been around the block once or twice.So they know a thing or two.

But mos important, if you are not ready for a baby, you need to have some sort of protection. More than one would be good.

Please keep us posted too. :hugs:

Thanks .:Shortcake.: for my awesome siggy

March 28th, 2012, 10:10 AM
I know that I'm strong enough to handle whatever the outcome is. My parents can't know because they're very religious and would never let me hang out with him again. I sneak out when I stay at his house, so, they don't know that either..I know that sounds so bad. And really? I also had sex the late afternoon of the day my period ended...

I should start my period tomorrow or so. So I'll be going to the dollar store as soon as I can to get some tests. And I promise ya'll after this all blows over, I will be taking care of my self, and protecting myself, soooo much better. Thanks a bunch guys! This is all helping a lot! I'll continue to keep ya updated

Usually the day before my period I have really bad cramps but I don't have anything today. Just INSANELY sore breats. They are HUGE too. My boyfriend noticed today. Well, at school..be back later

Tags
cramps , implantation , ovulation , spotting , teen

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search