Confused and worried

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 3rd, 2012, 05:05 PM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Iv been feeling off for a few weeks it started shortly after a very bad sunburn so i figured it was just dehydration at first. Sunburn got better I didn't so I Googled symptoms web MD said i probably just have tension headaches so i forgot about it. few more weeks realized i was 3 weeks late. looked up early signs of pregnancy i have all of them.

so I bought a test which is where it gets weird 1 line you not pregnant 2 lines you are well i got 1 and a half lines. WTH? 1 is a big bright solid pink line the other is about half as thick and only goes halfway down the screen.

I have a second test but honestly Im afraid to take it. Im 21 and been living with my boyfriend for 3 years so its not really a dont know the daddy or moms gonna kill me kinda afraid. Its more about me and the baby's health if i am pregnant. See I dont have any disorders that i know of but im skinny really skinny like BMI of 16 skinny which i heard is a bad thing for babies. and a heavy smoker think pack or more a day. so if my calculations are right considering how long iv been feeling like this. iv been shoving a pack of nicotine into my kids body per day for about the first month of its life.

so honestly Im just kinda terrified to find out it took a lot of nerve to take the first test and it seems like its broken. im afraid if the second pops positive it may already be to late I mean iv always heard that the first couple months are the most important in development and iv pretty much already screwed that outa the water. not to mention that my family has a history of miscarriages think like 3 generations of giving birth to 1 out of 5 kids.

I know I should just find out but im scared to now even more then before I dont want to know if its just gonna die. and if it doesnt im even more worried I have the stress copping ability's of a schizophrenic rabbit. if im pregnant i have about right now to quit smoking which iv been doing for 8 years i have to figure out how to hit a healthy for baby and me weight when i haven't gained weight in 4 years despite the fact i can eat an entire papa johns pizza for lunch. And money wise i dont even have enough right now to go to a doctor and get a professional test done much less prenatal care birth costs cribs dipers ect.

Im not sure what to do i know that if i am Id like for it to go full term and that id like to keep it but I dont know the first thing about kids and as bad as it sounds im worried that thats not financially possible for me. Im already freaking out and i dont even know what the first test means the second...... well what if i am? what if it screws up to? i dont know what to do I need some kinda of help here.

im useing First response tests which i always heard were the best for at home results.
April 3rd, 2012, 05:13 PM
WantingAnother's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to WantingAnother
If I were in your shoes I would take another test no matter how afraid I was. I would have to put those feelings aside because you say you are a smoker. It will be the best to find out and quit smoking. I know that's easier said than done.

Sending you the strength to take a test. We are here for you if you need to talk.

Let us know the result you get. Best of wishes

Last edited by WantingAnother; April 3rd, 2012 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Spelling
April 3rd, 2012, 05:33 PM
Regular
With my daughter I smoked the first month and a half and didn't know I was pregnant. She came out healthy and a little chunky monkey. When I got pregnant with her I weighed only 94lbs. Once the food cravings hit you will gain the weight. I gained 45lbs with her and not even a month after I had her I was back in my size 0 jeans. Also I was broke as a joke as well but thank god we have great programs out here in az that coved formula, food, and lots of other stuff. Only took me a year after I had her to get on my feet and be able to support her without the states help. Just wanted to let you know I went through the same thing so I know how your feeling. Things always have a way of working them selfs out
April 3rd, 2012, 05:37 PM
strvnwritr's Avatar TTC #3 Since 2010
I agree. The best thing for you and your possible baby is to find out for sure if you are pregnant. Then you can start taking care of yourself. If you decide you can't take care of a child, there are so many families out there who could provide a good home for it. Or, you may find that you are better equipped than you think to be a mom. In any case, the sooner you find out, the better. Good luck and let us know what happens!

~ Thank you Alethia for my beautiful siggy!~
Married to Michael since 6/17/05, DS James 3/14/06 and DD Maya 6/2/08
8/31/07 ~ 7/19/11 ~ 9/20/11 ~ 1/24/13
April 3rd, 2012, 05:42 PM
its positive really positive like 2 complete solid lines all the way down the screen positive. what do i do now?
April 3rd, 2012, 05:46 PM
First off congrats!!! A baby is a miracle, truly! Are you not sure if you want to have the baby or what do you mean what do you do now? You should set up a doctor appointment first thing in the morning!

April 3rd, 2012, 05:51 PM
Mrs_lynn.c's Avatar Expecting#5
Congrats! Now you need to stop smoking and get to the doctor asap.Find your local goverment assistance office and apply for some help.Good luck
April 3rd, 2012, 06:05 PM
oh i defiantly want to have it if its possible i just don't know jack about being pregnant. so basically stop smoking go to a doctor and make sure its not a false positive and that its you know ok...... wait can they even tell if its ok this early or do you have to wait.

uh funny thing i forgot to mention earlier I just moved to a new state about 7 weeks ago. so I haven't been a resident for the 6 month minimum required for most state assistance programs is it different for pregnant people? becuse id pretty much have the kid by the time i meet the residency requirements so is there like a hey im having a freaking baby loophole.
April 3rd, 2012, 06:11 PM
I don't see how they would deny you being pregnant and all. You should give it a try. I always thought it was 90 days. I am not positive though. I don't see them denying to see you because you don't have insurance yet. They will just require that you pay out of pocket later on.

Also I would start taking prenatals. You can buy them over the counter.

April 3rd, 2012, 08:13 PM
Veteran
I was smoking for the first two months, and I am now 13 weeks along. I would say cut your smoking down to 2 or 3 a day, just to keep your stress down.

As soon as you get a true positive it will be easier to stop smoking. I was a half pack a day smoker and have quit within two weeks of finding out using that plan. Along with quitting my appetite has increased, I am sure yours will too.

Also look for a hospital with a sliding scale, they will work with you more about how much you have to pay them or they will see what they can do to help you with financial aid.
April 5th, 2012, 11:18 PM
i still haven't been to a doctor yet i haven't had time plus i dont have a docter considering i just moved here and haven't been to 1 since i was 13 anyway.

so im still not sure but well Im pretty sure I am

anyway i used the sites thingy that asks you when your last period was an figures when you probably got pregnant and it seems to think im about 7 weeks along.

so i need to know 3 things as of now

1 being how important is it to see a doctor soon i have a bit of a transportation issue and the closest doc is 8 miles from me so if i really need to see 1 is it safe to walk there?

2 is im still having issues with the smoking thing i have cut back but only to about a half a pack a day which im assuming is still bad for a baby is it safe to use patches or gum while pregnant? im pretty sure that would be just as unhealthy for the kid but im not sure.

3 is iv been doing lots of research on pregnancy and newborns and other such things but im still pretty confused about things like tests and hormone lvl reading and all of that stuff how much is mandatory or necessary or safe i mean if i go to a doc and he wants to take fluid samples or something is that normal? should i let him? i didn't really know there was so many tests i kinda thought they just mostly asked if everything was going ok and then did an ultrasound to make sure.

Last edited by NewGurl; April 6th, 2012 at 12:04 AM.
April 6th, 2012, 05:42 AM
strvnwritr's Avatar TTC #3 Since 2010
Honestly, some doctors won't even see you until you are 8 or 9 weeks along so at this point, it's probably not the end of the world if you put off going to the doctor for another couple of weeks.

What you do need to do ASAP is start taking prenatal vitamins (you can get them over the counter at Walmart, the drug store, the grocery store, wherever). That is so important. Also, of course, keep working on cutting down/quitting smoking. And do your best to eat a healthy diet.

I don't know the answer about using the patches or gum while pregnant, but I wouldn't be surprised if those are at least considered a better alternative as they don't contain the carbon monoxide that is so harmful to a baby.

As for tests, you can do whatever you feel comfortable with. Some people get little to no prenatal screening and some people get it all done. At a minimum, I would allow them to check your blood type (for Rh issues), your blood sugar, and for protein in your urine. The blood sugar and protein is something that they will typically do on a regular basis. Off the top of my head, those are the ones I would consider to be essential. Some of the other ladies might have other things to add.

~ Thank you Alethia for my beautiful siggy!~
Married to Michael since 6/17/05, DS James 3/14/06 and DD Maya 6/2/08
8/31/07 ~ 7/19/11 ~ 9/20/11 ~ 1/24/13
April 6th, 2012, 05:47 AM
Mrs_lynn.c's Avatar Expecting#5
First question of is it safe to walk while pregnant? Yes it is safe for you to walk as long as yoir not walking thru a dangerous part of town.

Second question about patches and gum? No you can't use a ptch or gum while your pregnant.When I got pregnant wit my son I didn't find out I was pregnant till I was three month and I was a smoker, my doctor told me to cut back little by little but not all at once. When my son was born he was healthy as can be.

Third question about test? If the doctor wants to do test there is a reason there doing them so it's best to get whatever test done that the doctor wants .

Wish you the best of luck with the baby, everything will work out.
April 12th, 2012, 10:12 PM

so i finally figured out how to post pics so these were my 2 tests

I started taking women 1 a day prenatals its got a vitamin tablet and a gel cap with dha and epa whatever that's for

and iv quite smoking although since iv quite i get way more cravings for things i dont think im really supposed to have like frapachinos and anything super high in caffine like full throttle thankfully iv been staying away.

Still haven't been to a doc yet its been crazy latly but i have gotten a few more questions like

my cat is also pregnant I know i cant clean litter but is there any reson its not safe for me to be nearby when she gives birth or to cut the sac of the kittens if she does not do so herself ? I cant really find any info on this.

also i never really feel thirsty at all but i keep drinking becuse i hardly ever pee. I allways heard when your pregnant you pee alot but i do so les then normal it doesnt look dark or thick like when your dehydrated it looks normal but for the last couple days iv been drinking several glasses of milk, water, and juice and only pee when i wake up. literally only once a day no matter how much i drink is that normal or at least ok?

Last edited by quietsong; April 13th, 2012 at 04:15 AM. Reason: changed HTML to IMG code
April 13th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Loving6's Avatar Formerly Loving4
Ya those are positive for sure!Congratulations.Call your local health department,they can help give you a pregnancy test to confirm and they can sign you up for Medicaid for pregnant women.They can also help you with any questions you may have.I know here they have doctors that can see you throughout your pregnancy too.Give them a call,that's what they are here for.

Mom to Dustin Jr, Jarren, Nathan, Alivia, Ava, & Ariea

April 13th, 2012, 02:35 PM
kristiemarie518's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
First off congrats! Second stop worrying. It's not good for you or baby. Should you smoke? No but it's not the end of the world. Start quitting and do it right. Dont got cold turkey if you can't really do it. Also just get some prenatals from the store until you can see our doc and relax. At this point in the game, the best thing you can do is take care of yourself. Worrying won't change anything. Good luck and take care!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search