Please help

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 12th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Here is the back story: My BF and I don't use condoms because I have an IUD. I track my periods on my ipod and they are pretty regular, but the way that they are is very regular. Start off spotting, get a heavy flow the next day, and then it tapers off, lasting a week and ending in spotting again. I know we had sex during fertile days that ended in him ejaculating in me.

The week before my period was to start I was spotting to light flow. I usually must use super tampons, this time I was getting away with the regulars with not much on them. I had cramps like my period but that was it. The spotting lasted about 5 days.

I took a test yesterday, the day I was supposed to start my period, and it was negative. I used a "first Response" test that says you can use it up to 6 days before you miss your period. What I didn't know is that they expire and I've had this one for a while. First Question: how long are they good for?

Since Monday I have been beyond exhausted. I felt like I was falling asleep at my desk, took my break and then slept hard and heavy for half an hour. I have never done that before! I just simply can not wake up, I'm forgetting things and being very flighty at work. I kinda feel nauseous, it comes and goes in waves. I'm having dreams about being pregnant.

I do not feel like I am going to start my period at all and so far I'm late by one day. I'm worried that I'm just over thinking this and that I'm tricking myself in to thinking I'm pregnant when I'm not.

Is that test accurate? Could it be too old to work correctly? Since I have the IUD I know my chances are low, but also that if I am pregnant I need to get in to a Dr. Asap.

I know every women, and every pregnancy is different, but any words of advice, guidance, or suggestions are appreciated. I'm about to burst out in tears and have a full freak out about this.
April 12th, 2012, 01:50 PM
Mommakee's Avatar Regular
I have no clue about IUD s... I hope for the best for you though keep us updated!
April 12th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Mrs_lynn.c's Avatar Expecting#5
I say go get a new test if the one you took was expired its not going to work rite.My niece has the IUD in and she got pregnant and didnt know it cause she thought she was having a period due to spotting.I dont know whats going on with her at this point cause i havnt spoke to her in about a month cause she lives out of town.But it is possible for you to get preggo.I would go get a new test and test,good luck and kup on the results of your test.
April 12th, 2012, 05:31 PM
strvnwritr's Avatar TTC #3 Since 2010
I agree about getting a new test but the spotting you experienced may be all the period you get this cycle. If so, then you're not actually late but you're just having an off cycle for whatever reason.

Good luck!

~ Thank you Alethia for my beautiful siggy!~
Married to Michael since 6/17/05, DS James 3/14/06 and DD Maya 6/2/08
8/31/07 ~ 7/19/11 ~ 9/20/11 ~ 1/24/13
April 13th, 2012, 03:42 PM
I bought a new test today, (made sure to get pink dye after reading about the blue dye on here) after talking to a friend of mine she suggested I wait until next Wednesday to use them. What concerns us both is how exhausted I am. I'm getting the same amount of sleep as before, but I do not feel rested for more than an hour after I wake up. Today I noticed some very prominent veins on my breasts going to my nipples that I don't remember seeing before. They don't 'hurt like hell' but they have been tingly/throbbing, not painful just annoying. At first I thought it was because I was drinking too much coffee trying to stay awake, but today I only had one cup of coffee and they are more annoying today then they were yesterday.
Thoughts??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_lynn.c View Post
I say go get a new test if the one you took was expired its not going to work rite.My niece has the IUD in and she got pregnant and didnt know it cause she thought she was having a period due to spotting.I dont know whats going on with her at this point cause i havnt spoke to her in about a month cause she lives out of town.But it is possible for you to get preggo.I would go get a new test and test,good luck and kup on the results of your test.
Do you know what kind of IUD she had/has? I have the copper kind with no hormones. It's been in for 3-4 years with no issues.. Thank you for your info and advice!

Tags
confused , exhausted , pregnant , test

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search