I'm WHAT?! UPDATE: 10w 2d ultrasound pic, bpm, and other stuff! (Pg.4, Post #81)

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree40Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 23rd, 2012, 02:52 AM
PamelaM826's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twist View Post
Pamela that is a great picture of progressions! i can't wait to see mine! I'm hoping this is a sticky one and that everything is alright.

And thank you too Loving6
I wouldn't worry your tests look fab especially for 10dpo!!
April 23rd, 2012, 04:35 AM
Twist's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's the thing though. The more I think about it the more unsure I am of when I ovulated. Two weeks is a big difference. So I'm calling my obgyn today for an appointment and calling my doctor for a blood test hopefully tomorrow.

But I will do my best to not worry. I mean worrying is natural. I guess it's more of an excitement I'm feeling. I want to know what's going on. I'm so amazed by everything our bodies are capable of as females you know?

April 23rd, 2012, 08:33 AM
Definitely get a beta & they can date a pregnancy by ultrasound as soon as your far enough long. I never knew when I conceived until then. Your lines look good though.
April 23rd, 2012, 11:58 AM
Thanks! I go tomrrow at 10:30 am for bloodwork/thyroid level checks.
Though when I called I had to explain to her WHY I wanted the blood work. She said they don't normally do bloodwork if the urine test is positive. I just want to know my numbers and make sure I can safely tell some other people in my family and stuff about it.

Random bit of Funny: My sister in law is due in May around the same day as my husband and I. Her and their older sister's birthdays are in December and my due date should be in December. Kinda weird/funny so I thought I'd share.

April 24th, 2012, 08:38 PM
Okay, so the doctor wouldn't do my beta or hcg test. he said that i would be referred to an obgyn and that i would be seeing them. I'm kinda bummed because i thought it would have been routine to at least give them an IDEA of how far along I might be but now I'm stuck waiting anywhere between 2-4 weeks before I'm even seen for my first ultrasound/appointment. I'm worried about making sure everything is going okay, which I think is normal right? So why wouldn't the doctor give me the test? D:

April 24th, 2012, 08:40 PM
WantingAnother's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry that your doc didn't give you one. I would think they would, ya know?! Some docs just don't understand a pregnant mommy's worry. I hope that you get an answer soon and don't have to wait that long! Try not to stress though, I'm sure everything is A-OK!!!

April 24th, 2012, 11:53 PM
Most Drs won't do a beta if you've already tested positive. My ob told me they rather wait for an ultrasound because they can tell so much more by that. Betas vary a lot between women and to get any info from that they'd have make sure it's doubling and he probably didn't wanna do that. To a lot of Drs we're just paranoid mommies. I'd try my best to relax and enjoy being pregnant if you're still unsure you can keep poas to watch it get darker.
April 25th, 2012, 08:26 AM
Congrats!!!
April 25th, 2012, 11:43 AM
Thanks for the words of encouragement y'all! I feel better hearing it from other mommy's. When I can get on my laptop later instead of using my phone I will update you about my visit to the ER this morning. Everything is fine, no bleeding. So as soon as I can I will come back and give a better update.

April 25th, 2012, 01:25 PM
WantingAnother's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Looking forward to your update

April 26th, 2012, 07:37 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
congrats!!!

April 26th, 2012, 08:34 AM
Alright. The new internet is up and running so update time!!!

:TMI:

So pretty much yesterday morning I woke up and used the bathroom and had a bowel movement. I didn't strain or anything like that but I got these AWFUL pains. I was freaking out that something was wrong so I had my husband take me to the ER. We got in right away and they did a urine test/took some blood and then tried an ultra sound. The ER doctor couldn't find anything on the u/s machine in the room so he sent me to the OB clinic for a better machine. The tech in there checked out my ovaries and uterus and said my endometrium is really thick which is good. She said she couldn't find anything that was a definite but she DID show me a little blip which "could" be the embryo. Though she said it wasn't big enough for how far along I'm "supposed" to be and that I could just be earlier than they think. Which does go along with me thinking I'm only 4 weeks along instead of six. The ER doctor also did a blood test for my HCG levels which came back right at 300. He said they weren't as high as he wanted for as far along as I am.(I swear NO ONE will listen to me when I say I'm irregular and think I O'd late!!!) So now I have an appointment for tomorrow to get more blood drawn and to see the OB on base. Not sure what is going on. But hopefully everything comes out alright. I'm nervous.

Has anyone had an ultrasound THAT early and not seen anything?

Last edited by Twist; April 26th, 2012 at 08:40 AM.
April 26th, 2012, 08:40 AM
Veteran
for my son ( 9 yrs ago) my ob didnt see anything at about 5 weeks
Twist likes this.

April 26th, 2012, 08:58 AM
rageybug's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh no...hope you're just not as far along as they thought.
April 26th, 2012, 12:19 PM
I had an ultrasound at 5 wks they only saw thw sac (thought I was 6 and half weeks) & the ER Dr told me I miscarried because my hcg was 30,000. Anyway after 4 ultrasounds over the next 2 weeks we found the heartbeat, & everything was fine. 36 hours after my ER trip we saw the yolk sac & fetal pole but no heartbeat. My hcg had went up to 47,000. I think you are earlier and everything will be just fine. Good Luck to you!
Twist likes this.
April 26th, 2012, 09:58 PM
30000? holy crap that's high for 5 weeks!

April 26th, 2012, 10:56 PM
Yep, they said with 30,000 they should see something on the ultrasound but didn't. I was in twin range but there's just one happy sticky little girl in there at 6 weeks & 2 days! They said I conceived Dec 4th..I tested + on the 13th. I went to the ER for heavy bleeding on the 26th so I was about 5 weeks & a day. My last af was Nov 13th (first ppaf) so I thought I was further along. That's why betas don't mean much to Drs after they've seen them double..some women have lower numbers & some off the charts and still have healthy babies.
April 27th, 2012, 12:35 PM
well i had an appointment today and another blood draw. I went from 300 to 800 since Wednesday morning to today, friday morning. He said those were normal but he wants me to come back for a viability scan next friday and for another hcg blood draw. I'm still going with the whole four weeks. So right now I would be around 4 weeks, 4 days. I feel okay though, I don't have any underlying nagging feeling that something is wrong so I am gonna wait it out.

and thank you so much for commenting back.
PamelaM826 likes this.

April 27th, 2012, 02:24 PM
Yay!! Just remember they may not see anything yet until after 6 weeks. I think your baby is just fine
April 27th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Loving6's Avatar Formerly Loving4
I had an ultrasound at 5 weeks and all they saw was a yolk sac,went back 2 weeks later than there was Alivia with a heartbeat,she looked like a tadpole My numbers were high too,I think girls have higher numbers than boys.
Twist likes this.

Mom to Dustin Jr, Jarren, Nathan, Alivia, Ava, & Ariea

Tags
bfp , first baby , ntnp , pregnant

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search