possibility of pregnancy after missing 4 pills in a row? please answer asap??

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 12th, 2012, 10:16 PM
ok, i was on vacation and forgot to take my pills, so i ended up missing 4 of my ACTIVE pills in one week. I then had sex 4 days later which was unprotected, and my boyfriend also came inside me twice or three times. im not worried about pregnancy because we are committed and are talking about having a baby soon.i also missed a pill the day we had sex because i was busy all day and also couldn't find my pills because i didn't unpack them yet.
So what is the possibility of me getting pregnant after missing 4 pills and one pill the day of having sex (so 5 pills) and my boyfriend coming inside me more than once that night? (ps i am also cramping thinking missing the pills made me ovulate because the hormones were out of my system for so long)

Any answers will be greatly appreciated Thank You

Last edited by kat18; June 12th, 2012 at 10:36 PM.
June 12th, 2012, 10:45 PM
aashi2m's Avatar Member
the chance of getting pregnant after missing pills is always high and if you missed the first one then its quite possible that you will be pregnan.so wait a few days and then take a hpt and you will know that you are pregnant or not and also stop taking pills if you will feel any pregnancy symptoms like nausea, fatigue or morning sickness. etc

good luck
June 13th, 2012, 06:12 AM
Co Host - July 2011 PR
Yup it's possible
How long ago was this? I would wait a week or two after the day you think you conceived to take a test
Let us know how it goes and good luck!!!

Proud mama to 10 month old, Charlie <3 !
June 13th, 2012, 06:33 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Definitely possible, especially depending on the timing of it all. If you missed 4 pills in a row, that could have allowed you to ovulate, and then if you had unprotected sex around that time, you could have conceived. Usually if you miss one pill, you should try to make it up ASAP (or double up the next day). If you miss more than one pill in a week, you should use an additional form of birth control (condoms, etc) for at least a week after that, or for the rest of the cycle, just to be safe.

Good luck to you...hope it turns out the way you want!

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

June 13th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Definitely a possibility that you could have gotten and be pregnant. I would wait about 2 wks from when ya'll had sex and take a pregnancy test.

June 14th, 2012, 07:32 AM
strvnwritr's Avatar TTC #3 Since 2010
What week of your pill pack was it? If I remember correctly from my pill-taking days, the third week is the riskiest time for missing pills.

~ Thank you Alethia for my beautiful siggy!~
Married to Michael since 6/17/05, DS James 3/14/06 and DD Maya 6/2/08
8/31/07 ~ 7/19/11 ~ 9/20/11 ~ 1/24/13
June 14th, 2012, 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strvnwritr View Post
What week of your pill pack was it? If I remember correctly from my pill-taking days, the third week is the riskiest time for missing pills.
the week i missed the pills is the 2nd almost into the 3rd week.
June 14th, 2012, 10:31 PM
Jinnah
It's very possibly. My sister got pregnant on the pill WITHOUT missing any. Definitely test when it's time.
June 19th, 2012, 01:58 PM
ok, additional info,
my bf noticed that my breasts have gotten bigger. they are sore and have been for a while non stop.. they havent grown for a long time since i started the pills, could this be a sign of being pg?? and the areola looks darker and there are little bumps around it, more than normal and there really visable..
June 19th, 2012, 02:11 PM
rosebud219's Avatar Regular
Take a test hun.
June 19th, 2012, 02:24 PM
my period is due in like 2 days, so if its late i will test.
June 19th, 2012, 03:50 PM
LuvRBx5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's possible to get pregnant when you miss pills, and obviously the more you miss the higher your chances could be. There are a number of factors that play into that as well.

But with that said, missing pills can also mess with your body in all those ways because it is a hormonal med. So it could be either. All you can really do is wait and see if AF shows.
June 19th, 2012, 08:20 PM
Regular
I have a similar situation. I missed days 1-4 of my pack which was June 10-13 and started the pack on day 5 the 14th. I had unprotected sex on the 12th which was day 3 and he came inside. I started the beginning of the pack on the 14th and I think I ovulated the 14th/15th. Sperm can live 3-5 days so I'm stuck in the mentality of what if. The absolute earliest I can test is the 26th from what I can tell but my Mom had two months worth of bleeding that she believed to be periods when pregnant with me and I know not taking the pills correctly can mess up your cycle.

I'm gonna try and get the extra sensitive hCG strips that can pick it up at 10 miu/ml hCG and take those to see
June 21st, 2012, 01:29 PM
update, my period is suppost to come, but all im having is alittle brown spotting, occasionaly ill have slittle red to pinking blood when use the bathroom, but the cramping isnt really bad but its there but all im having is the brown spotting.
June 21st, 2012, 02:07 PM
mommyof2boys0207's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
are you going to test?
DD- Savannah - June 30th, 2011
DS- Jameson - September 18th, 2013
June 21st, 2012, 02:13 PM
strvnwritr's Avatar TTC #3 Since 2010
Could be your period starting...do you usually start with spotting?

~ Thank you Alethia for my beautiful siggy!~
Married to Michael since 6/17/05, DS James 3/14/06 and DD Maya 6/2/08
8/31/07 ~ 7/19/11 ~ 9/20/11 ~ 1/24/13
June 21st, 2012, 07:55 PM
I'd wait a day or two see if period flow starts.

Good luck
June 21st, 2012, 10:31 PM
usually, the blood just starts, not really spotting,
also i just recently had sex so the spotting increased a little but not enough for a pad and its pinkish red, with some brown in it. i know that sex can increase blood flow and increase spotting when you are already spotting.
but im going to get a test and call my doctor asap.
June 22nd, 2012, 07:09 AM
Take a test. if you are due for your period it should be accurate enough to give a positive if you were.

If negative, wait another 2 days and retest if af flow doesn't start.

Since you did miss so many pills, it wouldn't be crazy to think that maybe your period could be different too because missing hormonal pills can mess up your whole cycle.
June 22nd, 2012, 03:50 PM
well i woke up this morning to some blood on my liner,for the rest of the day there has been little blood, not enough to fill a whole pad. i also noticed brown blood with it, im not sure what it is, if its break through bleeding or my AF. i have a history of some women in my family having period like bleeding for the first 3 month of pregnancy. the flow isnt heavy at all, and its not a constant flow. it really happens when i use the bathroom. im used to my flow being a moderate flow and constant.
could the is be my AF or something else? im very confused :/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search