Very few symptoms... Too early to tell?

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 20th, 2012, 06:50 PM
My period is a few days late. I had unprotected sex a week ago but took the morning after pill to be careful. The next time, I made sure it was protected, but we continued to have sex after he had ejaculated into the condom, which I've heard is bad to do. Now my period is late and I'm worried. I haven't been experiencing soreness, but I've had some sharp pains in my lower abdomen, and also had on and off cramps. Whenever I think I'm getting my period, it turns out to be clear fluid discharge. I have been frequenting the bathroom slightly more and today I felt weak and naseaus all day, though I never actually vomited.
Am I pregnant, or is it too early to tell?

My symptoms are fluctuating. A few hours ago, I was on the floor in a nauseous fit, but at the moment I feel great and have absolutely NO period-like symptoms.
What do you think? Am I pregnant? I'm getting worried...
June 20th, 2012, 07:10 PM
LuvRBx5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The morning after pill is a hormonal pill and definitely has side effects and can mess up your cycle.

As for sex after he ejaculated, if he stayed hard, it wouldn't be as big a deal but if he went soft then the sperm can go over the top of the condom without you realizing it because it's not a typical break in the condom itself.
June 21st, 2012, 06:18 AM
strvnwritr's Avatar TTC #3 Since 2010
I agree that the morning after pill could be affecting your cycle. If your period is late, though, it's probably a good idea to take a test just to be sure. Good luck!

~ Thank you Alethia for my beautiful siggy!~
Married to Michael since 6/17/05, DS James 3/14/06 and DD Maya 6/2/08
8/31/07 ~ 7/19/11 ~ 9/20/11 ~ 1/24/13
June 21st, 2012, 08:31 AM
Also, since you had unprotected sex a week ago and your period is late, you would have had to ovulate late to conceive, which would mean that if you weren't pregnant your period would also be late. Ovulation happens before period typically 12-16 days before. So if ovulation is late or doesn't happen then your period would be late or skipped in turn.
June 21st, 2012, 10:34 AM
Thanks, ladies! I still haven't gotten my period, so I'm going to take a test today or tomorrow. I honestly think that the pill's side effects and the stress of a possible unplanned pregnancy (I'm only 17, and going into my freshman year of college!) is/are what/what's making my period late. I'm trying to relax and realize that though the chances are there, they're pretty slim(:
June 21st, 2012, 11:31 AM
Being stressed will not make your period late, but it can delay ovulation which will, in turn, make your period late too.

Also, if you did ovulate late and conceived and you were in the low percentage of times a morning after pill doesn't work, then it would still be too early to get a positive test.
June 21st, 2012, 11:36 AM
So do I need to wait to take a test?
I thought that as long as it's past your projected period date, the test will be able to tell one way or the other.
I was advised a year or so ago by my then-boyfriend's mom that taking a test and seeing the negative result would reduce my stress levels and my period would come, and that's what happened.
So should I take one today?
June 21st, 2012, 11:50 AM
mommyof2boys0207's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Take a test!
DD- Savannah - June 30th, 2011
DS- Jameson - September 18th, 2013
June 21st, 2012, 12:34 PM
MaineBean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
A woman's monthly cycle can vary. If you generally have cycles that last the same amount of time each month (like mine is generally 29 days), then yes, waiting until your period is late is generally a good time to take a test. If you have wacky cycles, and your ovulation happens at different times, then it's hard to gauge when to test. The short answer is that you can take an accurate test around 14 days past ovulation, whenever that happens.

The gals are right that once you ovulate, the machine is in motion and no amount of stress or outside factors will change when your period is coming.

If you took the morning after pill, you've probably just given your system a nasty jolt of hormones which is messing you up with all the symptoms and feeling crappy.

I know you know this, but I'm going to say it anyway- if you dont' want a baby now, which is a good idea at 17 and just about to enter college, don't ever have unprotected sex. Always use protection. Always. Use it correctly. If your boyfriend gives you a hard time, you say no or get on the pill. If you just don't feel like it, remember this stressed feeling- which is a whole lot easier to deal with than an actual pregnancy and baby. I'm a little concerned that it sounds like you had a scare last year- you know how babies are made, so do take actions every time to ensure it doesn't happen if now isn't the time for you!
wastcougr likes this.

June 21st, 2012, 12:52 PM
I know unprotected sex was a bad idea... Sex at all was a bad idea, really. But, like it is for most teenagers, it was a spur of the moment thing. That's not an excuse to justify my decision, but I do realize what I did. After this scare, I definitely don't want to mess with something this serious again for awhile. I'm not even in a relationship with the guy.
I think I'm going to go to a planned parenthood clinic tomorrow and get a test done there. Fingers crossed! I love children, but don't know if I could have one right now.
MaineBean likes this.
June 21st, 2012, 01:15 PM
strvnwritr's Avatar TTC #3 Since 2010
Good luck! Let us know what happens!

~ Thank you Alethia for my beautiful siggy!~
Married to Michael since 6/17/05, DS James 3/14/06 and DD Maya 6/2/08
8/31/07 ~ 7/19/11 ~ 9/20/11 ~ 1/24/13
June 21st, 2012, 03:26 PM
Regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngandfree17 View Post
I know unprotected sex was a bad idea... Sex at all was a bad idea, really. But, like it is for most teenagers, it was a spur of the moment thing. That's not an excuse to justify my decision, but I do realize what I did. After this scare, I definitely don't want to mess with something this serious again for awhile. I'm not even in a relationship with the guy.
I think I'm going to go to a planned parenthood clinic tomorrow and get a test done there. Fingers crossed! I love children, but don't know if I could have one right now.
I know how you feel <3 I'll be 19 in July and I had unprotected sex during a day I missed my birth control and I missed 4 so I'm pretty sure I ovulated. I'm kinda worried I may have gotten pregnant so I'm waiting until a test would be reliable. I know plenty of people who are young mothers though and they do a great job. I have faith that if I am, there's a reason for it and it will be alright
June 21st, 2012, 04:24 PM
It's good to know someone out there is going through the same thing!
Really, I'm that "church girl" and I keep a close circle of friends who believe the same way I do. So, in other words, I'm friends with mostly virgins, so I've never had a friend go through this (except an older friend, but she's married). I hope it's just the pill that's messing my cycle up, but I know I have a good group of supportive friends if need be.
I will definitely let all of you guys know what the outcome is!
June 21st, 2012, 04:37 PM
Regular
You can get a Dollar Store test. It's only a dollar and usually really accurate.
June 21st, 2012, 04:54 PM
That's probably where I'll go to get one, since they're like $15 at CVS.
Just gotta find a time when I can get out of the house alone to get it c: haha.
I wish i could tell my parents and they could help, but I can't. My parents STRONGLY disapprove of the guy, disapprove of me seeing him, and would probably be extremely mad if they knew I had sex with him. I don't plan on telling them unless it turns out that I'm pregnant with his baby, because I can't stand disappointing people.
June 21st, 2012, 04:59 PM
Regular
Can you drive? Maybe just ask them if you can go get a bite to eat
June 21st, 2012, 05:15 PM
Yeah, I can drive, but I need a really good excuse to leave because they're trying to take away my driving privilege. :/ I'll see what I can do.
June 21st, 2012, 06:31 PM
Regular
I just wiped and had some white creamy discharge o_o I think I'll take my chances and take one of my tests in the morning
June 21st, 2012, 06:44 PM
Oh wow! Good luck with that, let me/us know!
June 21st, 2012, 06:51 PM
Regular
And my gut feels weird. Kinda like that dull ache a period gives. Not to mention I'm starving 5 minutes after I eat even if I eat a decent bit of food

Tags
pregnancy , symptoms

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search