Kind of a silly question but....

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Papasgirl

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 26th, 2012, 11:05 PM
Regular
We've been trying for 5 months for our first child. Every month has so far ended in a BFN. I am going out of town for almost 3 months which means no sex at all. I saw my OB and she said that we should try for atleast 6-8 months before going back to her for diagnosing any issues. My question is that since we'll be taking a break for 3 months, do we count our "6-8 month period" all over again?! Does the break affect things? I'm so nervous but I have to take this trip as its realllly important at this point....
June 27th, 2012, 05:02 AM
Papasgirl's Avatar Down Syndrome Pregnancy
It takes a healthy couple 6 months to a year to sucessfully conceive. I would not count the three months... Take the trip and start over when hou return. Are you using ovulation predictor kits? If not, its a great tool. With my daughter emma, we tried for 6 months, without opk, then month 7 i used opk and found was ovulating early, on cd 9! I got pregnant that month!!!!
livinglife06 likes this.

Baby Girl Anastasia is my Rainbow!! Diagnosed with T21...
We will journey together
June 27th, 2012, 06:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I wouldn't count the trip either since you're not actively TTC.. although it probably totally sucks to start your count over. You could always come back and try for like 3 more months and if still nothing then make another appt. GL!!!

Mama to 3 boys and expecting #4 on 5/1/2013
14 DPO: HCG- 64.2 Progesterone:12.9
19 DPO: HCG- 887
Started progesterone supplements 8/28 (20 DPO)
27 DPO: HCG- 11,214 Progesterone: 15.8
1st U/S & 1st OB appointment- 9/10/2012 ~ HB 126 and baby looks good so far!!
June 27th, 2012, 06:47 AM
strvnwritr's Avatar TTC #3 Since 2010
I wouldn't start over but I wouldn't count the trip, either. So if you've been actively trying for five months, I would count the first active month when you return as the sixth month. Good luck!

~ Thank you Alethia for my beautiful siggy!~
Married to Michael since 6/17/05, DS James 3/14/06 and DD Maya 6/2/08
8/31/07 ~ 7/19/11 ~ 9/20/11 ~ 1/24/13
June 28th, 2012, 12:19 AM
Regular
Thanks ladies! I have not used an OPK yet, maybe I'll start once I return. I'm 27 and already feeling old. I just want to have my first one before I'm 30 and at this point that seems like an impossible goal. I know it will happen when its meant to, I'm just stressing over it. Hopefully the break should do me some good and relax my nerves.
June 28th, 2012, 09:04 AM
LuvRBx5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
5 months isn't really a long time, even though it feels like it when TTC. I tried for my 2nd for 7 cycles and I am highly fertile and I knew my ovulation signs pretty well.

Don't count the time you are away as trying time but definitely don't start over!!
June 28th, 2012, 10:48 PM
Regular
Is it always this hard to ttc with the first one? Does the 2nd time get any easier?
June 29th, 2012, 08:26 AM
LuvRBx5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's emotionally hard because when you decide you want a baby, you want it now. But it's not like you can just go to the store and buy it. You have one chance a cycle, so it can be very frustrating. Everytime can be different. Generally, it doesn't matter if you are ttc #1 or #10. It's very hard to be patient.
June 29th, 2012, 09:59 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by strvnwritr View Post
I wouldn't start over but I wouldn't count the trip, either. So if you've been actively trying for five months, I would count the first active month when you return as the sixth month. Good luck!
I'd just pick back up counting cycles when you get back from your trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyondbrowneyes View Post
Is it always this hard to ttc with the first one? Does the 2nd time get any easier?
Not in my case! But that's the thing...every woman is different, and even cycle to cycle, things can change. With so many variables in the equation, TTC is just a tricky (and often frustrating) time.

Hope it happens for you very soon!

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

June 30th, 2012, 12:34 AM
Regular
Thanks ladies for all ur kind words <3
June 30th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Loving6's Avatar Formerly Loving4
I know my first took 8 months to conceive and the rest took 1-5 months.

Mom to Dustin Jr, Jarren, Nathan, Alivia, Ava, & Ariea

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search