6 tests, one positive.

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 24th, 2012, 06:25 AM
Hello. Since puberty my periods have been pretty irregular. But, For the last 11 months it came every month.*
I haven't had a period since may and I feel pretty pregnant. I have headaches, strong *cramps that come and go, and I feel bloated. I took six pregnancy tests and the fourth one came back
Positive with a faint line. The other ones came back negative. I don't know what to do. Could I still be pregnant? I wonder if my body doesn't produce enough hcg. When my sister got pregnant, all the tests (urine and blood) came back negative and she could only detect the pregnancy when she was 6 1/2 months pregnant.
July 24th, 2012, 06:52 AM
TooPunk2bPretty's Avatar Happy Momma and Wifey
Without knowing the situation surrounding your testing (did you take them all at the same time... were they all the same manufacturer... did you wait only the requisite number of minutes... etc) we can't really answer.

Assuming that the one positive was taken properly, I would wait a few days and test again. If that pops up positive, you should make an appointment with your GYN or regular doctor for a confirmation.
July 24th, 2012, 07:24 AM
strvnwritr's Avatar TTC #3 Since 2010
Hi and welcome! I agree that the circumstances of the testing can affect the outcome. First of all, was the faint positive with a pink dye test or a blue dye test? Unfortunately, blue dye tests are notorious for false positives. Also, did you take all six test at the same time of day and after holding your urine for the same length of time? Finally, when did you last test?

In any case, it never hurts to check with your doctor to see what's going on. I hope you get some answers soon. Keep us posted!

~ Thank you Alethia for my beautiful siggy!~
Married to Michael since 6/17/05, DS James 3/14/06 and DD Maya 6/2/08
8/31/07 ~ 7/19/11 ~ 9/20/11 ~ 1/24/13

Last edited by strvnwritr; July 24th, 2012 at 07:26 AM.
July 24th, 2012, 08:09 AM
WantingAnother's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree with the other ladies. Take another test and go from there. A doctor visit is much needed. Gl

July 24th, 2012, 08:30 AM
Thank you for your answers!
I took the first test during the afternoon, because I couldn't wait till next morning. I knew the results would be pretty much unreliable since I was testing a little bit early and it wasn't my first urine. It came back negative. So I waited one week (To see if I'd get my period or if I was indeed pregnant, my hcg level would be higher), and took the test during the morning. Again, negative. A few days later I was still 'feeling weird', so I took another test. Negative.
I had pretty much accepted that it was all on my mind. But on the next week, no signs of my period and my headaches/bloated feeling got worse. I went to the store and bought another test. I did it the next morning and I got a faint positive line (Target test, blue dye). I called my husband-to-be and told him. Later that day, we took another one together and it was negative. That upset me a lot, so I took another one the next morning. Negative. (The last one I took was yesterday).
I really don't know what to think. I'm going to call my doctor today and get a blood test done!
Hope to get some answers soon
July 25th, 2012, 11:28 PM
morgandaniellexx's Avatar Veteran
It's highly unlikely to get a positive when you aren't pregnant, so I'm crossing my fingers for you. I'd wait a few days and go to the doctor or retest! Good luck!

Tags
faint line , negative pregnancy test , symptoms of pregnancy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search