Postpartum weirdness

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 25th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Veteran
Hey ladies! I can't believe I'm here so soon; I just had my son on January 30th. I got my first postpartum period in June and now (assuming my cycles are regular again, which is definitely wishful thinking) I am 3 days late! Three negatives from FRERs, so I have a 25 pack of Wondfo's ordered. I figure they'll come in handy while AF is being wacky, and again when we start trying for number 2 in January

Has anyone else been in this situation before?
July 25th, 2012, 08:02 PM
Veteran
After having my daughter in April of 2008 for that whole first year they were wacky and irregular, and really just this year they got back to normal!!

July 25th, 2012, 08:30 PM
MamaLemonade's Avatar ~~Whitney~~
I had my DS in Dec of 08 my periods finally got regular again in April of 09 and I got pregnant with my DD in July. But after her it took me a complete year before I had a regular period like I did before kids. It's Bette to be on the safe side :-)
Loving my 2 munchkins & awaiting #3
Married to my <3 since 8/09

July 26th, 2012, 07:37 AM
LuvRBx5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With most of my kids they'd be a little wacky. Sometimes it'd be that some cycles were shorter and some were longer. I had never had any completely missed but it'd be a very common thing in the message boards and playgroups. They'd have a pp af or a few seemingly regular ones then af is MIA again for "no reason".
July 26th, 2012, 12:17 PM
Super Mommy
were you breast feeding by any chance? i'm wondering about how post partum AF works. I'll be experiencing that in January of 2013 after our little boy is due.
July 26th, 2012, 02:58 PM
Veteran
Yes, my son is breastfed with about one supplemental bottle of formula a day I've been browsing google and I guess it isn't uncommon for the second PP AF to be up to two weeks late!
July 26th, 2012, 04:06 PM
LuvRBx5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah especially with breastfeeding, sometimes that in itself can mess with cycles and make them irregular and skip after they come back. Like if baby is suckling more or less, it can cause the body to use different hormones.

You could always take a test if af doesn't show up in a week, just to rule it out because if you aren't using protection then it's very possible.
July 26th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Veteran
We've just been using the withdrawal method, so it is possible! I think I'll test again when my Wondfo's get here. I feel like a real AIP'er now that I ordered them, lol!
July 29th, 2012, 01:03 PM
Veteran
Still no AF! Will be testing again to tomorrow, I guess.
July 29th, 2012, 02:26 PM
strvnwritr's Avatar TTC #3 Since 2010
Looking forward to your update!

~ Thank you Alethia for my beautiful siggy!~
Married to Michael since 6/17/05, DS James 3/14/06 and DD Maya 6/2/08
8/31/07 ~ 7/19/11 ~ 9/20/11 ~ 1/24/13
August 1st, 2012, 10:07 AM
Veteran
Now ten days late, still negative on hpts!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search