I'm 7 days late, should I be sure of the result of my HPT?

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By MoreThanEnough
  • 1 Post By MeggysMommy
  • 1 Post By LucasMom11

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 14th, 2012, 09:17 AM
LucasMom11's Avatar Veteran
Hello there,

I am new here...I'm going crazy! I'm having symptoms, I'm late....but I have dtaken 2 HPTs so far, and both came our negative....I did test kinda early though....let me tell you the story briefly, and please, PLEASE let me know what you think..

Ok, so I have a 14 month gorgeous baby boy; We're not TTCing, however, we only use condoms, I am not on the pill, because we do not have much time to 'get busy' , The thing is, I just got back my period (after my baby's birth) in June. So I had it on June 8th, July 8th...today's the 13th, and absolutely NO SINGS of aunt flo coming yet...I did have a lot of discharge for a few days about 1 week before the 8th, I'm really tired, cramping, bloated, smelling EVERYTHING around me....and I did have some spotting, also about a week before my period's due date.
I had an HPT around the 4th, and it was negative; another one on the 10th, and it was negative too.
I am planning on going to the drugstore now at lunchtime (in about 45 mins) and get another HPT, because I really want to know what's going on! We had sex last night, I thought that would make my period come, but nothing! :S

We're not TTCing, but If I am pregnant, I'll be THRILLED!!! So, what do you think? What if I get another negative?Should I get blood test right away? How long should I wait until retesting?...please help!
Thank you!!! Blessings to all!
August 14th, 2012, 10:37 AM
Got a BFN....What is it then?!?!?!?!?
August 14th, 2012, 10:46 AM
LuvRBx5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You could have not ovulated or ovulated late... If you just got your cycle back, it might not have gotten regular.

I think at 7days late you should get a positive if you were. There is always the chance that you ovulated late, which means your period would be late or you conceived late and you aren't as far along as you would think you would be at this point.

I'd wait another week, retest, if still positive then I would call and make a dr appt.
August 14th, 2012, 11:50 AM
Thank you....I e-mailed my doctor also, to find out what his opinion is...we'll let you know Thanks!
August 14th, 2012, 12:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I predict you will get your period in 1-3ish days. If you noticed lots of discharge about a week before July 8th, that should tell you pretty accurately that that was your ovulation time. So, let's say you ovulated on July 1st, (was that the last day of lots of discharge?) and so today you would be at 13dpo-ish. It just depends on your average luteal phase. Usually for women it will be between about 13-16 days long. So, you should be expecting your period shortly. Your pregnancy test that was taken was quite accurate already because it is close to your expected period, but there is still a chance you could be pregnant. However, I suggest that you give your body a few more days, because I don't think you are late yet, before you test again, if you want to save some cash. Hope this helped and made sense!
LucasMom11 likes this.
August 14th, 2012, 01:05 PM
Veteran
For what it's worth, when I got my Period back after kids it would occasionally skip a month before it was regular again.
August 14th, 2012, 01:14 PM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
I was gonna suggest that since you are only on your 3rd cycle back PP that they are probably still not "regular" meaning yes the first 2 seemed good but then maybe your body decided to hold off on ovulation. Anything is possible in these first few months of AF coming back. Good luck and keep us posted
LucasMom11 likes this.

August 14th, 2012, 02:24 PM
Thank you ladies! I feel a lot better I will wait till next week. If no AF, I'll test again
MoreThanEnough likes this.

Tags
am i pregnant? , negative hpt

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search