Negative hospital test, still pregnant?

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 27th, 2012, 01:13 PM
I'd be around 7 weeks right now, if I am pregnant. I went to the hospital the other day for some chest pains, and they said my pregnancy test was negative, before they x-rayed me. I don't think that was right though. Because I have many pregnancy symptoms. I was thinking maybe the test was wrong, because I was drinking A LOT right before I went to the hospital, so my pee might have been diluted.

I've been pregnant before, and miscarried. And the symptoms I'm having right now are the same as my last pregnancy. The symptoms just recently hit me at full blast. Before a few days ago, I had symptoms, but they weren't as noticable. Lately I've been so tired that I can't stay awake for anything. No matter how much sleep I get, I'm always feeling so exhausted. I spend the majority of my day sleeping, and I never seem to get enough sleep. I'm also always so hungry. I eat, and then a little bit of time passes, and I'm hungry again. I'm very moody too. I'm the the kind of person to get mad, or yell at anybody. But for the past few weeks, I've been getting so irritated at the smallest things. I've been feeling nauseated lately. Not to where I'm puking, but to where I feel like I might puke. I've had an increase in cervical mucus. It usually dries up right before I start my period, but it didn't this time. I have a very abnormal period at the beginning of this month. It was very light, and shorter than usual. I usually have very heavy periods where I'm changing my tampon every hour, but this time, I was just using pantie liners and changing them every 2 hours or so. I also have a backache, headache, and I'm always so thirsty.

The hospital tested me for many different things, but they said everything looked normal. They said I probably have a stomach virus or something, and it should go away soon. Does it sound like I could be pregnant? Is it even possible to have a negative urine test at 7 weeks?
August 27th, 2012, 07:20 PM
inlove08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Have you gotten a positive pregnancy test yourself before going to hospital??

Thank you Vicki.... for my beautiful siggie!!!
August 27th, 2012, 07:33 PM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
I was gonna ask too if you had gotten a positive at home yet? If you are 7wks pregnant you should definitely show up positive on any test taken. Maybe you ovulated really late or haven't ovulated at all?

August 27th, 2012, 11:19 PM
.h00dihoo.this.'s Avatar *Siggy.Legend*
Send a message via MSN to .h00dihoo.this. Send a message via Yahoo to .h00dihoo.this.
ditto.. at 7 weeks i dont think you could dilute your urine enough to make it negative.. it should show up positive no matter how much you drink

but like PP said, have you taken a test at home and got a positive?? ... i would assume if you thought your 7 weeks along, that you would have tested yourself by now??
August 28th, 2012, 08:11 AM
LuvRBx5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
At 7 weeks, you'd get a positive test. Even if you are going to miscarry like you mentioned happened previously, the hormone would be built up enough to get a positive and it'd slowly get lighter and not go away til it's over.

Sounds to me like you aren't as far along as you think, or it's something else.

Tags
7 weeks , false negative , pregnancy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search