I know better..but..lets talk about reading tests after 10 min

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Redneck*Momma

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 14th, 2012, 08:43 AM
Veteran
So I took a test Tuesday (FMU), BFN, and last night (very diluted urine, like only a half hour from I last peed)...last night I looked at the Tuesday test and saw a very faint line....I only took the Thursday test just because, and I'm ruiling it as a BFN even though if you looked at it super close at a certain way I could kind of see a line...or was my eyes seeing things. Now that I think about it I'm not even sure if there was color last night. But when I looked at it this morning there was another very faint PINK line that was just slightly more prominent than looking at the test I took Tuesday.

What are the odds that this is very early pregnancy rather than evaps? FYI These were the first choice tests from dollar tree which I never have a problem with.

I know better than to read into tests after 10 minutes but I guess I'm just hopeful and feel like kicking this around.

Let me know your thoughts/experiences. Thanks.
September 14th, 2012, 10:25 AM
Regular
I'm in the EXACT same boat. One that has a line but I found it the next day. One that if I hold it just right I can make out a pink line. Mine too are the dollar store brand. Here's to hoping and peeing on sticks!
jam121184 likes this.
September 14th, 2012, 11:37 AM
That happened to me on a pink dye. $4 one. A few hours later I saw it was positive. Took two more and neg. I ended up getting my period after that. But you never know i would re test.
September 15th, 2012, 06:25 AM
Regular
same here 2 dollar tree tests light line after 10 mins (looks pink) then 2 Answer brand tests yesterday light line after 10 mins on both (looks pink also) but yet im 3 days late for my period which NEVER happens and i havent done anything to push it back so i have no idea :/ all i can say is this sucks!

September 15th, 2012, 07:10 AM
LuvRBx5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've gotten a line after looking at an 'old' test before when I wasn't pregnant, but I do know that the times I did get a line it did turn darker when it dried. Like I got a positive at 8dpo with one of my pregnancies, I could barely see the line, I looked at it so much I started to think that I was psyching myself out, BUT, when it dried, I could see that I did have a very faint line, it got more noticeable after drying. I didn't overthink it, I just figured that if it was a positive then in a day or two I'd get a nicer line and the next day I tested with concentrated urine (held my pee for 4+ hours during the day) and I got a faint but seeable line and I knew then that my 8dpo was just so so faint. I think the next day I got a positive on a digital which is foolproof as it's spelled right out lol
September 17th, 2012, 06:40 AM
Veteran
Thanks everyone....I plan on testing again tomorrow. Hoping for a BFP! I was thinking about this again this past weekend though, and when we were TTC in the spring, I remember I took a test witht he same dollar tree brand, got a BFN, and I put it in my purse to look at it a couple hours later when I was at work and it was still BFN. So does this mean those maybe possible faint lines I thought I might have saw last week were a positive?? lol Still not trying to think too much of it, just hopeful I guess. More than likely it was just a fluke or a different batch of tests or something. But I hope LuvRBx5 is right and it was just too light last time. I suppose I'll find out soon. Just want either a positive or AF to come so I can figure my cycles out correctly again since the mc.
September 17th, 2012, 07:49 AM
Rebelmommy's Avatar Mommy to controlled chaos
*fingers crossed for you*
Talon
(12/05/05) Creighton (01/31/13) (05/02/14)

September 17th, 2012, 07:53 AM
LauraTTCat42's Avatar Proud Host TTC-OM
Hope you get your BFP when you retest!

Jun/July2012 - Cycle 11 started charting
September 17th, 2012, 09:46 AM
LuvRBx5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just remember, any test looked at after the time limit may or may not be an evap. It doesn't happen everytime but it can and that is why there is a time limit.
September 17th, 2012, 11:15 AM
Redneck_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope it goes well for you! I'm still in limbo... Got more very faint lines.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search