negative HPT 3 days before expected period. To be continued....

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Tiffany8620
  • 1 Post By LuvRBx5
  • 1 Post By LauraTTCat42

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 15th, 2012, 02:47 PM
Been searching topics on negative HPT results 2-3 days before expected period this morning and found
many ppl are in/ have been the same situation. This post is nothing new but a dairy for myself and anyone whos anxiously counting down the days. Who has got discouraged by many firm negative test results yet still BELIEVES that she is pregnant!

The question popped in my head one night after gargling my mouth as I had a very new and wired feeling in my mouth. I right away think of pregnancy as it could only be referred as nausea though it was a bit too soon to believe since we had only started trying this month. And this was about 5 DPO.

I then did some research and ticked almost every single box of early pregnancy symptoms in the following days namely nausea, breast tenderness, exhaustion, dull lower back pains, pinching/tugging pain in abdominal area etc etc. I got too excited as my research suggested that it was absolutely possible for someone to see pregnant symptoms right after conception so I took 2 HPTs using different products when its only 7 DPO, 7days prior to my expected period and got negative results for both.

Later I realised it was way too early for an accurate test result and waited another 2days and did it again, it came back negative for me. The whole time I was trying so hard not to say anything to my husband as i wanted to confirm with a P myself first but was finally weaken down and told him everything ( as if there is anything to tell ) and got laughed at. >< After listening to my"20 good reasons why i am pregnant" he then admitted he recon "there is only 15% possibility" when I asked.

Now i am here writing this post after another negative result 3days prior AF which always comes on time, feeling disappointed as i still couldn't prove my hubby wrong yet but full of hope at the same time.

i will update again on 19th after test.

Best of luck to everyone that is trying...it will come.
September 15th, 2012, 03:21 PM
ashley22pa's Avatar April Mommy
Hello! I tested with a FRER 4 days before AF was due and got a BFN. I missed my period then took a test 5 days later and got a pretty dark BFP. Good luck!
September 15th, 2012, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley22pa View Post
Hello! I tested with a FRER 4 days before AF was due and got a BFN. I missed my period then took a test 5 days later and got a pretty dark BFP. Good luck!
Thanks so very much for your reply, i will wait a couple of more days and test again
September 15th, 2012, 05:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've never gotten a BFP until the day of my missed period, so there's still time!
upintheairrrrr likes this.
September 15th, 2012, 05:51 PM
LuvRBx5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Even if you ovulated a day or two later would throw off your timing for a positive pregnancy test. But not every woman gets a positive, when they've conceived, before their period is due anyways. Once the HCG hormones starts rising it moves quickly, so you could get a stark BFN one day then get a faint positive the next or a obvious positive 2-3 days later.

Good luck
September 16th, 2012, 02:04 AM
Thanks dear!

thanks for the kind reply, I'm all positive
September 16th, 2012, 07:05 AM
LuvRBx5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Fingers crossed!
September 17th, 2012, 01:20 AM
just tested again today, still BFN.
September 17th, 2012, 07:42 AM
LauraTTCat42's Avatar Proud Host TTC-OM
Sorry about the BFN

Jun/July2012 - Cycle 11 started charting
September 18th, 2012, 09:11 PM
Today is my expected period day, didn't have what I was waiting for, but what looked like implantation spotting instead. I noticed scanty pinky spots and later brown discharge. If they are not relatives of AF, I would expect my HGC to increase rapidly over the next two days then. Explained why keep getting BFN..
September 19th, 2012, 05:53 AM
you should test, it would give you a good answer by now ! Although the chance of a BFN is possible, it is much much more likely to be a BFP. Either ways , you will have to find out one way or another , so be strong and go for it! I am starting to realise how it feels like to have a BFN constantly, been trying for 7 months now and have had to stop charting as I was getting very depressed with each AF . Have left it for the moment, if it happens it happens, without obcessing about it . Stressing will only affect your negatively, so keep strong and relaxed and take the test ! 4 days late with all those symptoms is a very good sign!

Last edited by edwardmaya; September 19th, 2012 at 06:08 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search