The waitiing game

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By LuvRBx5

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 15th, 2012, 06:07 PM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
never mind..

Last edited by Adriana's Mommy; September 15th, 2012 at 10:53 PM.
September 16th, 2012, 07:24 AM
LuvRBx5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
September 16th, 2012, 09:13 AM
Sorry.. I'm a bit emotional and I thought no one wanted to reply because I think my case is a bit unsual.

I was venting about how I hate waiting to see if I'm pregnant or not. I just want a clear answer. Literally on my 35th birthday AF decides not to show up.. I'm thinking am I menopausal? I thought the same thing before I found out I was pregnant with my son. Before this I had no menopausal signs..

As of now, I'm 15 days late, negative tests. Before I knew I was pregnant with my son, my last period was a few days after Christmas, negative tests the end of January, did a blood test Feb 9th, which turned out negative.. Still no AF.. Then on March 3rd I got my BFP..

I guess what gets me is not having answers. Why can't it be easy? I plan on waiting 2 more weeks before asking for a blood test. I had to argue for one the last time at the woman's health clinic. :/ I think it's due to my age the don't take me seriously.. But I have only missed my period 3 times, two of them was due to me being pregnant and the third one is now. I have been in super stressful situations before which never interfered with AF nor does working out..

If I am pregnant, it is a big surprise, if I'm not, it's okay because we done having kids.. So in my case, whatever happens we will be happy in the end.

My symptoms:
- No AF
- Super Emotional - Everything makes me cry
- Headaches
- Super thirsty (I had GD with both of my kids)
- Sensitive to smells and tastes
- bloated
- And the breast tenderness started yesterday and not so bad today..
- I seem hot all the time

Edit to add: Here's my original post when I joined my DS PR.. You can see that I saw my son on March 28th and I was 8 weeks pregnant, my last AF was Dec 2008!

http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f9...-join-you.html

Last edited by Adriana's Mommy; September 16th, 2012 at 09:17 AM.
September 16th, 2012, 05:38 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Thinking of you! I tried to PM, but your box was full.

What a tough waiting game. I hope you get some answers soon. Sounds like your body just doesn't respond to typical hormonal changes. And tricks you out for a long time. I'll welcome you into the May DDC if you find out you are preggo (and I am still there).

Either way, take care and I'll see ya around
September 16th, 2012, 06:54 PM
LuvRBx5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It seems that you didn't ovulate, which means if you didn't ovulate already then you could ovulate at any time. Or you could have ovulated late and conceived late. My advise is, given your previous situation, get a blood test!! There are women who don't test positive on urine tests, although rare.
Adriana's Mommy likes this.
September 16th, 2012, 09:15 PM
I do think I ovulate late, when we were TTC #2, I bought one of those Ovulation kits and it never told me when I O'd.. I gave up on it.. Then that same month I conceived, I just don't know when.. I plan on see my regular doctor and requesting a blood test next week if AF doesn't show up. I'll make sure I keep you posted, just in case there is someone in my situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashj_1218 View Post
Thinking of you! I tried to PM, but your box was full.

What a tough waiting game. I hope you get some answers soon. Sounds like your body just doesn't respond to typical hormonal changes. And tricks you out for a long time. I'll welcome you into the May DDC if you find out you are preggo (and I am still there).

Either way, take care and I'll see ya around
Thank you. I'm thinking I'm menopausal. lol >.< I could only hope. But It would be fun to be in the same DDC again.. I'll keep you posted on whatever happens..

September 19th, 2012, 11:47 AM
I just want to update still no AF, it's been 18 days

I saw my doctor this morning.. Did a slew of blood tests. Ruling out diabetes for being "late". A1C came back normal. Find out about the other issues later when the tests come back. Which I think they'll be normal. Did a HcG blood test. I'm predicting it will be negative since that is what happened with my son.. So we'll see.. I see her again the first week in Oct for my annual and I'll request one more blood test. If that is negative I'll rule out pregnancy and be happy I had one month free of AF..

I wanted to add that I love how my doctor was looking for answers just past being pregnant. It will be nice to catch things before it does harm to my body. I know I wouldn't have had this type of testing if I went to my OB clinic.

Edit to add.. She said that I'm not going through menopause.. lol >.<

Last edited by Adriana's Mommy; September 19th, 2012 at 12:00 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search