Concerned I MAY be crazy..

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 15th, 2012, 11:47 PM
Hey ladies, I'm new here. So, I'm having some major issues understand what I've done wrong this last cycle. Things have been very crazy around my house and I can't tell if I could be pregnant or not because It seems I've messed up my BC (Ortho Evra). Here is some information to (maybe) better help you:

My LMP was 8/24 - 8/28. I was due to put my patch back on 8/30, but forgot. It didn't go back on until 9/7. (<- This is where I'm SO confused.. you'd think I would have realized I didn't have it on for two weeks!) My DH and I had sex from 9/4 to 9/7, and more than likely some of the days between 8/28 and 9/4. I take my 3rd/final patch of THIS cycle (the one following my goof up) off 9/21; so my next period is due on 9/22 (latest being 9/23). I did some research and learned that I was fertile from 9/2 - 9/7, and probably O'd on 9/7.

The last week I've been experiencing mood swings and this weird headache/upset stomach thing in the evenings (only), I have also been really tearful/emotional. DH thinks I could be pregnant because of feeling ill in the evening because with my DS I puked every night until I was almost 25 weeks along, even though it didn't start until about week 9 or so. I also kinda have that feeling of being pregnant, or 'full'.

I guess my question once you get through the nitty-gritty is that, even though I've been pretty much faithful with my Patch, could I have gotten pregnant so quickly? With DS, even though I had stopped taking the Pill instead of forgotten it, it still took about 3 months for me to concieve and I was under the assumption (we ALL know how that ends.. ) that since the Patch has significantly more Estrogen in it, it would be harder for me to concieve so quickly. What do you guys think?
September 16th, 2012, 07:11 AM
LuvRBx5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's really hard to say, When you were having sex you were unprotected but where your body was probably adjusting without the patch it may have ovulated or it may not have, which can be common when going off hormonal BC, the body doesn't ovulate regularly.

Of course there's a chance that you could be experiencing early pregnancy signs, but it could also be your body adjusting from the lack of patch hormones then to them coming back when you started your patch again.

All you can really do is wait and see. Sometimes you can conceive right away but many times it does take a couple months to adjust. You may miss or skip your period this cycle from just the mix up with the patch, but you can just take a test and find out from the result if you did, in fact, conceive.

Good luck.
September 16th, 2012, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvRBx5 View Post
It's really hard to say, When you were having sex you were unprotected but where your body was probably adjusting without the patch it may have ovulated or it may not have, which can be common when going off hormonal BC, the body doesn't ovulate regularly.

Of course there's a chance that you could be experiencing early pregnancy signs, but it could also be your body adjusting from the lack of patch hormones then to them coming back when you started your patch again.

All you can really do is wait and see. Sometimes you can conceive right away but many times it does take a couple months to adjust. You may miss or skip your period this cycle from just the mix up with the patch, but you can just take a test and find out from the result if you did, in fact, conceive.

Good luck.
Thanks, LuvRBx5. I couldn't help but take a stupid HPT today even though I knew it was going to be a BFN because my period isn't due for another 5 days.. I'm going to wait another week and test again, unless, of course, AF comes. I'm kinda getting excited even though I know the chances are microscopic. Me and DH have been talking baby names for the last two weeks, even before we did the math yesterday and realized we could be pregnant. I think he's gearing up for #2.
September 16th, 2012, 04:55 PM
LuvRBx5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Maybe if you don't get a surprise this cycle, you'll be ttc'ing for #2 sooner than later lol.
September 16th, 2012, 07:14 PM
I'm starting to think so. Lol. When I got off of work today he offered to rub my feet (something he hasn't done since I was heavily pregnant with DS) and said something to the effect of, 'I kinda miss this.' I almost fell of the couch! Lol. We're getting ready to move to another house and I think we'll start ttc very soon after. I am SO pumped but I'm definitely hoping for a surprise baby.
September 16th, 2012, 08:01 PM
Because we're all guilty of symptom spotting.. I've been sick the last week or so, like I said above but this morning I woke feeling very ill still. It lasted until about noon and went away, only to come back around 5 (it stayed, too :\). Now I've been experiencing some cramping in my lower abdomen, mostly on the right side and have a.. eh, 'moist' feeling down there. (Implantation?) I've also experienced heartburn and some reflux/indigestion throughout different times today, as well as headaches and, sorry, TMI, hard nipples and warm/tingly breasts. All of these things are things I experienced with DS. I don't get reflux or things like that unless I drink OJ, which I hate, and since I've been on BC (Jan of this year) I haven't had any cramps until the second to last/last day of my period. Like I said, it could be my mind playing tricks since I'm excited about the prospect, but I'm really beginning to wonder. I want to POAS again SOOOO bad, but I'll be good.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search