chances of screwing things up...

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 16th, 2012, 11:06 PM
My husband and I tried on the 31st to get pregtnant for the first time. My fertility app that has been very accurate with my period start/end dates said I would ovulate on the 1st. Of course, I take that with a grain of salt. I actually didn't feel ovultion symptoms for another day or two.
I immediately got a uti for the first time but didn't recognize the symptoms for almost a week-then chugged that cranberry juice.
I bought a first repsonse test that says 6 days before a missed period, which was scheduled for yesterday. I've always had regular periods since I was 12 and I'll be 27 in a couple of weeks, never missed or was late.
I didn't drink alcohol, avoided certain teas, switched to decaf, and started prenatals.
I keep hearing that tests don't give results until after a missed period, but their 6 days before a missed period would mean that I could check last Sunday, a week ago, right?
Came out negative. Figured it could be too early and or the UTI in the way. I still stayed very careful with everything.
I tried again about 3 days later with a pregnany test. Still negative.
I let my guard down a bit and had 2 glasses of wine, both on different nights.
On Thursday or Friday I started feeling cold symptoms (face pain, not sneezing or coughing. Scratchy throat is a 1 or a 1.5 out of 10) and i was having a hard time working out (then again, first time in a month doing physical activity, sun was pouring through the curtain, period was almost due) that are coming and going.
Last night I was incredibly nauseated. Nauseation isn't normal for me. I woke up not hungry and didn't eat for a few hours and I'm a breakfast person. It was normal sized. Luch rolls around and I wasn't hungry but we weren't at home and had a planned dinner, so I didn't want to eat later and ruin my dinner. I had some veggies, snack sized. Dinner was between normal and slightly larger than what I have been usedx to since my diet change in Jan. Not too healthy, but not fatty or anything, just some of my favorite German food. Then, against better judgment, becaus we were at Oktoberfest, I had a funnel cake. A couple of hours later, I was so nauseated I couldn't stand it. I didn't want water or anything. I woke up from the intense nauseated feeling, short and abrupt cramping, and an intense need for bowel movement. I used the bathroom fine, but the nausea was horrible.
Woke up at 8 and wasn't hungry again. Around 11, I had a peanut-filled snack followed by some nuts and was home around 2 for some lunch. My hunger wasn't intense and it came and went and came again.

My cramps feel different from usual. They were quick and abrupt. I may have taken 1 or 2 midol on Friday. On Saturday, I took 1. Today, I took 2 with my sudden, severe cramps. Usually my cramps last maybe an hour even with a heating pad and Midol. 5 minutes, tops, my normal high heat setting (3 setting heating pad). I took the pad off my lower ab area and on my legs, just in case it came back. I still haven't had ay blood flow. Normally, I start my period and one or two days later I get cramps in the am. It was 830pm. I have also been nauseated on and off today, including now, but it's manageable. That is what got me worried that my body is implanting and I just possibly messed things up with the wine, heat pad, and Midol. I am most worried about the heat pad and use of Midol.

I was planning to go to the doctor if my period doesn't come in the next 2 or 3 days.

Any opinions out there?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search