Possibly misguided... Help!

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 18th, 2012, 05:47 PM
Hi! I'm new so I'm sorry for posting this in the wrong forum earlier.

My husband works overseas and I hadn't seen him in months. He suddenly got a vacation and we were able to spend some time together. I hadn't been on birth control for over six months but I tried to start taking it when I knew we'd be spending time together which was roughly only two days before. Silly, I know. Ever since, I've had what I believe are pregnancy symptoms. I did my ovulation calculator and it said my most fertile days were the exact days we spent together!*

I did the ovulation calculator after the fact as I've never been pregnant or trying to conceive before. According to that, I'd be about three weeks and two days preggo but I bought a pack of two digital ept tests and they both said negative. My best friend is a nurse and she says that means it's a definite no.

I'm confused because I have the following symptoms:

-swollen, tender breasts. I can see all the veins and it hurts even to change clothes.

-I go from zero to ravenously hungry in a matter of minutes. Constantly.

-I normally don't like sweets but I could eat ice cream for every meal. And I can't get enough fruit juice which is also unusual for my tastes.

-my mouth is constantly salivating like when you're about to be sick.**Thankfully I haven't actually gotten to the point of running for a bathroom... with the exception of:

-very frequent urination. Even when I'm not drinking a lot of fluids.

-exhaustion. This feeling of being winded when I'm doing nothing.

-lower back pain.

-repulsed by heavy foods and very aromatic foods. and less of a tolerance for spicy foods (which I normally LOVE).

-lower abdominal cramping.

-bloating. all of my clothes feel tight. and I feel more sensitive all around.

-hot flashes... well not really flashes. I just feel hot all the time. I've had to start sleeping without the covers.

-annoying headaches that seem to come and go.

-stretchy cm right after I returned. Now normal but increased cm.

My cycles have always been irregular so it's hard to tell when I'm late. But I would expect af to begin within the next three days.

I've never been pregnant before so I'm not sure what it feels like. But if I ever had to imagine what it would feel like, it would be this. I've had a couple of these symptoms before my period in the past, but never to this extreme. I just have this feeling that I'm pregnant. But the tests/my nurse friend are saying no. If I am, a baby is welcome. The confusion is just killing me. Has anyone had a similar problem? Or any recommendations for a brand of hpt or a good time to retest?

Also, if I am... would it be too early for me to be having all these symptoms?
September 18th, 2012, 06:49 PM
LuvRBx5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I replied to your post in the other section
September 18th, 2012, 07:02 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If your period isn't due yet its possible that the digital was just to early to use. My favorite brand is the Answer brand. I've gotten positives on those 9 dpo (days past ovulation) but the digi would still be negative.

Also, it is possible to be having those symptoms already! My first symptom each time I've been pregnant and was a dead give away for me was my boobs being swollen, veiny and tender Good luck!

September 18th, 2012, 08:46 PM
Redneck_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Howdy! I'm due for AF in about 2 days. My cycles aren't always exact but that would be my guess. I've taken a variety of tests including blood. I'm for sure preggo but hcg is still not showing on some brands. Doctor says everything looks good so I'm going with that. My symptoms are similar to yours. I have SORE, SORE boobs. Some food aversion, I'm always a fan of sweets but I'm eating Fireballs like they are Manna from Heaven lol. And I for sure feel your pain on the exhaustion, lower back pain, and bloating! So, I think it's possible you are preggo as well. Not for sure of course, but I would suggest treating yourself as though you are until you know for sure. My second pregnancy didn't show up on hpt 'till after 8 weeks. Best of luck to ya!
September 19th, 2012, 08:19 AM
Thanks y'all! If AF doesn't show soon, I'll start testing again and post updates.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search