Negative hospital urine test/ and a baby bump??

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 4 Post By sweet.hun
  • 1 Post By WakoGeek
  • 1 Post By rageybug
  • 1 Post By lilybean123

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 25th, 2012, 12:57 PM
I'm sooo confused/scared. I'm only 18 and just graduated high school. I've take several HPT i've gotten several negatives, and positives. I ended up in the ER yesterday due to pain in my side, they did a urine test and it came back negative but I still have a bump that everyone swears up and down is a baby bump. I feel what feels like moving/kicking but they wouldn't do an ultrasound, but i do have a "girly doctor" appointment in a month. I know that if I am I'm about 6 or 7 months (and trust me my belly shows it), this might be tmi but I find myself running for the bathroom more often, my breasts are swollen and sore as crap and a cup size bigger than they use to be, and it looks like my belly button (which is an inny) is starting to poke out. What is wrong with me??
September 25th, 2012, 01:13 PM
sweet.hun's Avatar We're Complete <3
I would request you see your OB earlier than next month. Honestly, your hospital should have done a blood test instead of a urine test. I would request one ASAP.

Always missing my 3 angels. 2/9/06, 3/12/11, 5/22/12
September 25th, 2012, 01:17 PM
They wouldn't give ma a blood test, ultrasound, nothing. they put me on meds for "the swelling in my stomach" which i'm refusing to take... my options are limited bc my parents have no idea whats going on...
September 25th, 2012, 01:40 PM
Regular
Yea that's ridiculous. If you have a free clinic I suggest you go there or simply demand the hospital check you out
caseyswife123 likes this.
September 25th, 2012, 02:33 PM
SarahxSyanide's Avatar Super Mommy
When was the last time you had your period. & don't refuse the medications. You need to take them. If you're not pregnant and you're swelling because of something else, you could be putting yourself in danger. If you're 7 months that would almost put you in your 3rd trimester. I think someone would have done some kind of testing by now.

You can always go somewhere else to get ultrasounds, and no matter how scary this is. You need to tell your parents. If you're in medical danger, you're only making matters worse by keeping it a secret. & if you are pregnant and your belly is that big, believe me, they've noticed.
~Genevieve Violet Born October 31st at 10:42pm 10lbs 1oz 22inches.~
Breastfeeding for 5 months!
]
September 25th, 2012, 04:57 PM
rageybug's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If you're 6 or 7 months pregnant you should have been receiving prenatal care this entire time and been in to the Dr as soon as you first had a bfp! I would go somewhere else and find a different Dr to consult. They should be doing bloodwork to confirm the pregnancy.
SarahxSyanide likes this.
September 25th, 2012, 07:39 PM
inlove08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ya something isn't right. I wish you well. I would be calling around and getting seen by someone. If you are indeed pregnant it's important to the baby. You have a pic of your bump?

Thank you Vicki.... for my beautiful siggie!!!
September 27th, 2012, 12:43 PM
You could also have an intestinal issue. Make an appt with your regular doctor ASAP if you cant get in to see the gyno soon
SarahxSyanide likes this.
September 30th, 2012, 10:39 AM
i do have a pic of my bump ( i set it as my profile pic, thats all i know how to do) And my family has noticed but i keep making up excuses and wearing really baggy clothes. and to honest without insurance i cant afford the meds. im just worried, my mom had me at 8 1/2 months. she didnt have a positive urine test until 2 weeks before then (something about low hormones) My fiance says stuff like that can be passed down, can it?
September 30th, 2012, 10:56 AM
inlove08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hmmm well have you seen the doc yet?

Thank you Vicki.... for my beautiful siggie!!!
September 30th, 2012, 11:02 AM
sweet.hun's Avatar We're Complete <3
I would be telling your parents ASAP. They can help fight for you to get proper treatment. Just tell them that you've had positive and negative pregnancy tests and that you need to be checked out somewhere ASAP. If you just graduated high school you should still have privileges on your parents health insurance (unless of course they don't have any either).

Always missing my 3 angels. 2/9/06, 3/12/11, 5/22/12
September 30th, 2012, 11:08 AM
MamaLemonade's Avatar ~~Whitney~~
Your 18, you don't need to have your parent to okay a doctor visit. Call your local health department there are state ran programs that help people without insurance for prenatal care and things of this matter, you should call them and see If they have a free clinic near by or run the test out of there office(the one here does). If you have to call and move your gyno appt up. I'm sorry but you really need to look into this and see what's going, if your not pg and your bloated like you are there coul be something really wrong. There is always away. You may even have to tell your parents, if it will help you get the care you need.Esp. if your mom went through this with you.I really wish you well and I hope you figure this out. Good luck.
Mommy to:C(5), M(4), T(1), awaiting #4
Married to my <3 since 8/09

Last edited by MamaLemonade; September 30th, 2012 at 11:12 AM.
October 1st, 2012, 08:42 AM
rageybug's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Did you get back to a doctor? I wouldn't be taking meds for swelling either without knowing WHY you're swollen.

"Here take these meds to bring your distended abdomen back to it's normal size" Said what kind of real doctor?? ...without scans and ultrasounds and finding out if you're pregnant, have a massive tumor growing, have swelling from a disease...... I'd be finding someone else, like I said earlier.
October 1st, 2012, 04:15 PM
LuvRBx5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Did they feel around? If you were pregnant enough to have a baby bump then they would feel your uterus enlarged
October 2nd, 2012, 12:12 PM
Veteran
Any updates?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search