anyone test 10dpo BFN and then BFP later?

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 28th, 2012, 04:46 AM
Pink or blue we welcome u
Hello everyone,

I am new on here but wanted to ask if anyone has tested at 10dpo with a bfn and ended up having a BFP later on?!

I have a DS who is almost 3 1/2 and he wasn't planned. When I did finally test with him I was well over a week late with my period and only had a very faint line. Maybe it takes some of us longer than others to get our hormone levels up?!

Any thoughts?!

Thanks in advance!
September 28th, 2012, 05:34 AM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
I tested at 9DPO and if I was squinting for hours, I would have assumed it to be a BFN. By 11-12DPO the line was much darker.

Plus, the original test was an IC ... but when I used a FRER the line was nice and dark.

Good Luck

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

September 28th, 2012, 05:35 AM
Veteran
Yes you are correct (at least that is my opinion) some womens hormone levels take a little bit to start rising. I had the same thing with my son. I took a pregnancy test one day after being late.....negative...3 days later positive. Actually some doctors tell you to wait a good week after being late to test. Most of us can't wait that long tho lol.

September 28th, 2012, 05:46 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
When I got pregnant with my DD, I tested at 13 and 15dpo and got negatives (using IC tests).

At 17DPO I got a FRER and had a blaring positive!

Not sure if it was the tests or my hormone levels. I did find that later in my pregnancy, I was able to get + on the same batch of IC's so who knows!

September 28th, 2012, 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by franbaby View Post
Hello everyone,

I am new on here but wanted to ask if anyone has tested at 10dpo with a bfn and ended up having a BFP later on?!

I have a DS who is almost 3 1/2 and he wasn't planned. When I did finally test with him I was well over a week late with my period and only had a very faint line. Maybe it takes some of us longer than others to get our hormone levels up?!

Any thoughts?!

Thanks in advance!
I am thinking the hormone levels as well. I have MANY early preg symtpoms with 5 bfn

But my AF still hasn't come or even looks as if she is trying to show up! SO anxious to see! Good luck with yours, I hope we both get our answers soon
September 28th, 2012, 06:36 AM
Thanks so much ladies, you are all giving me hope!

I have been having cramping for the past 7 days, constant bloating feeling, twingesI/pinch in my right ovaries, and been moody, which isn't like me.

I also remember fainting before I knew i was pregnant with my son, and I have felt closely to this, this time around. Don't know if I'm just really hopeful because we are ttc.

Would love a sibling for our little guy to play with!

Wishing baby dust to you all and keep me posted!
September 28th, 2012, 06:47 AM
Veteran
I had a bfn at 12 dpo and then got a faint bfp 13dpo
September 28th, 2012, 07:29 AM
woooohoooooo!!!! there is hope still! Guess I'm not out until AF rears her ugly face!! lol

Last edited by franbaby; September 28th, 2012 at 07:35 AM.
September 29th, 2012, 12:15 AM
.h00dihoo.this.'s Avatar *Siggy.Legend*
Send a message via MSN to .h00dihoo.this. Send a message via Yahoo to .h00dihoo.this.
i didn't get a BFP with my second until i was 9 days LATE
September 29th, 2012, 06:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
When I was pregnant with my DS AF was late for 1 day when i tested and I got a very dark line with the Walmart brand PT, I believe I implanted around 6dpo and had cramps all the way till AF was suppose to start. It's different for every woman I guess. Good luck, I'm also hoping for a BFP this month. aF due on Oct 3rd and I'm 9DPO been having cramps since 5 DPO! Baby dust to all...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search