TTC after Mirena Removal

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 25th, 2012, 08:32 PM
Blessings from Jamaica everyone!
Hubby and I decided its time! Its my first time TTC and man this is nerve racking!!
I had my Mirena in for exactly 5 years and had it removed in June..My cycle before the IUD was 28d and while it was in place it remained at 28d. Had it removed in July and my period came on 23rd of Aug. Sep 26th was my next period which made my cycle 35d.
We decided to give it a go and try this month..October!
Now bc I was confident my period would return to its 28d cycle I know I would've been ovulating between Oct 7th and 12th ...BUT I was still toying with the idea of it sticking to the 35d cycle which meant i'd be ovulating between Oct 12th and 16th. We dtd almost everyday except on the 13th since he was out of town. If my cycle is back to 28 then my period should start like NOW... and if its on 35d then next Tue/Wed.
NOW...Im almost sure I had mild cramping last Thursday, Oct 18 and summed that up to implantation with no bleeding following. I swore I started feeling early symptoms like very slight nausea, headaches on and off and this Tue mild cramps again and fatigue like nobodies business till now.
I bought my HPT today with intentions of testing on the weekend but now theres blood. I have read that implantation bleeding is different for every woman so i'm still hopeful that this is not my period for the 28d cycle and in fact bleeding resulting from possible implantation that could've occurred on Tue when I had those mild cramps.
SIGH...
Should I bother taking the HPT, is this my period, could it be a miscarriage? Has anyone experienced anything like this?
Hubby is more stressed than I am.. He wants a kid like yesterday!! lol
October 25th, 2012, 08:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Keep in mind that it can take 6-12 months after the removal of the hormonal IUD before your body is back on track. For now, all you can really do it wait and see. If the bleeding is like a normal period for you, then that is probably what it is. Good luck!

October 25th, 2012, 09:02 PM
My gyno did say we could try immediately... And ive spent hours online reading on womens' experiences with ttc after the removal. Some were lucky right away and others took donkey years!
However, im being extremely hopeful!
October 26th, 2012, 07:28 AM
Pink or blue we welcome u
Hi Jamaican mama! Greetings from Canada, although I'd rather be in the Caribbean like you visiting my in-laws in St Lucia! lol

We are going through the same thing... conceived our DS without trying he was a "surprise" he is now almost 3 1/2.

I had the mirena in for 2 years and had it removed august 30th, started a period sept 2nd. Before and during mirena I always had 30 day cycles, so I was getting excited last month when AF was 4 days late. But she came.. making my cycle 34 days.

So this month we decided to cover all angles and based our BD'ing around a 30 day cycle and 34 day cycle just to be safe!

Hopefully you get your BFP! WIll keep my fingers crossed for you! Keep us posted!!!!
October 26th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My fingers are crossed for you! I had my Mirena in for roughly 2 years, had it removed at the beginning of last year, January/FEbruary I think, we NTNP and got pg in May - my cycle was not really regular before Mirena, during Mirena I had spotting here and there, not really AF, then when Mirena was removed I had a 28 day cycle and a 30+ day cycle, then got pg sometime after (may have been another cycle in there), point being, my cycle ended up back in the 30+ range...our bodies are just plain weird

GL!!

Tags
iud , ttc

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search