just had a baby, should i be worried im having another one?

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Rebelmommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 29th, 2012, 07:48 PM
alright this may be a little to much information but here it goes.
i had a baby in early september. started sex 5 weeks after.
one of the nights we were having sex, we noticed after he got done that he was leaking at the ring of the condom, and we thought it got in me. i did wipe after i used the bathroom and it was slimy feeling, and i wasnt sure if it was when he spit on it or not.
and that was just 1 1/2 weeks ago. so i figured i wouldnt be able to tell if im pregnant or not again till next month.
yesterday afternoon, i wiped and i was bleeding a little, like spotting so i figured i was starting my period.
i was crampy all day like i would, though nothing ever came, and still hasnt.
should i be worried? or is that spotting normal?
i would really love some advice on this because i dont want to tell my fiance that im freaking out.
October 29th, 2012, 10:42 PM
LauraTTCat42's Avatar Proud Host TTC-OM
Did you ever get a post partum period? If not it is going to be very difficult to know if you even O'd yet. Did you have the "slimy" feeling before you had sex because that could possibly indicate fertile cm.

Sorry I couldn't be of help here, but if you can get hold of a test and use it 14 days from the date you had sex you may be able to get a reliable result.

Jun/July2012 - Cycle 11 started charting
October 30th, 2012, 06:59 AM
Veteran
Are you exclusively breastfeeding your baby? If yes, have you had your first post-partum period? If no, then you are still safe having sex even if there's no withdrawal. I am exclusively bfeeding my son for 9 months now, haven't had my period yet (though I have spotting sometimes), never my hubby did withdrawal and still, I'm not getting preg
October 30th, 2012, 07:28 AM
Rebelmommy's Avatar Mommy to controlled chaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJane View Post
Are you exclusively breastfeeding your baby? If yes, have you had your first post-partum period? If no, then you are still safe having sex even if there's no withdrawal. I am exclusively bfeeding my son for 9 months now, haven't had my period yet (though I have spotting sometimes), never my hubby did withdrawal and still, I'm not getting preg
I just want to point out that this is not always accurate and probably not the best advice to give. I was breastfeeding exclusively with my DD and had not yet gotten a PP period and got pregnant with my son when she was 6 months old because we believed (inaccurately, I might add) that so long as my baby was breastfeeding exclusively and that I had not had a PP period that we were indeed "safe".

To the original poster... Anytime you have sex where you suspect that semen may have actually entered the vagina you run the risk of pregnancy so I agree with the one poster, wait 14 days from the incident and test again to be sure.
Talon
(12/05/05) Creighton (01/31/13) (05/02/14)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search